Storage Solutions Best value SSD 240+ GB

Emil

Skilled
I am looking to upgrade from a HDD to SSD for my OS.
I expect that any SSD would be a big speed upgrade in terms of boot time. More of a concern for me is long life rather than sheer speed.
What are the best options today in terms of VFM given my need?

Would suggest WD Green SSD's . They're for around 6k, if you can find a deal, it's lesser. With regards to endurance, unless you frequently use it for file transfers greater than 50GB a day, it should be good for around 5 years minimum. But it generally will outlast your entire PC. Has a 100TB Endurance rating which is pretty robust, not to forget that WD is nothing but Sandisk. (Sandisk is one of the best at SSD's).

Would suggest WD Green SSD's . They're for around 6k, if you can find a deal, it's lesser. With regards to endurance, unless you frequently use it for file transfers greater than 50GB a day, it should be good for around 5 years minimum. But it generally will outlast your entire PC. Has a 100TB Endurance rating which is pretty robust, not to forget that WD is nothing but Sandisk. (Sandisk is one of the best at SSD's).
Thanks.
If that is the case, why not Sandisk itself? That's a bit confusing because Sandisk has a variety of options in SSDs.

Yup the 850 EVO is good, but from a budget perspective see if you can get an x400 from sandisk for less than 6k. Or WD green for that price. Sure performance is superior in the 850 but once you enter the realm of SSD's boot times nearly become the same. For example, a PC of mine with the sandisk ultra 2 boots in the same time as my 850 Pro. Sure you will have superior transfer rates but hey, waiting a few seconds/extra ain't hurting nobody ;)

Having used the the following SSD - Intel 535 240GB, Samsung EVO 850 both 240, 480 GB, EVO 750 250 GB, Kingston UV 300 and based on my friends opinions like @Party Monger - I disagree with his choice of politics :p. He prefers the Sandisk (dont know variant)

The fastest I have seen is Samsung EVO 850. If you want speed, I prefer this. If you want a slightly slower MLC SSD - Intel 535.

I bought the Intels at 6K + VAT from Arihant, while the Samsungs from Prime.

On a budget? 750 is good too.

Avoid the Kingstons at all cost.

Having used the the following SSD - Intel 535 240GB, Samsung EVO 850 both 240, 480 GB, EVO 750 250 GB, Kingston UV 300 and based on my friends opinions like @Party Monger - I disagree with his choice of politics :p. He prefers the Sandisk (dont know variant)

The fastest I have seen is Samsung EVO 850. If you want speed, I prefer this. If you want a slightly slower MLC SSD - Intel 535.

I had a Sandisk pro that in an PC not used by me. Pretty fast (older) .

I recently got a Zotac 240gb SSD http://www.amazon.in/ZOTAC-Premium-Internal-height-ZTSSD-A5P-240G-PE/dp/B016NY7UUO
It was vfm at 4500ish. Amazing drive. As good performance as Samsung 850 evo. Have the Samsung EVO's too. Pretty good drives

Thanks Vivek.
What is the best price I can get the 850 EVO for? Between Samsung 750 and the Intel 535 which offers better value in terms of endurance?[DOUBLEPOST=1487600945][/DOUBLEPOST]@Party Monger - I know you have provided a link but Amazon's price is ridiculous

Last edited:
We are getting the 850 EVO 250 for 7.2k from primeABGB.

The 535 is like 8K.
Thanks yes. I think I'll go with that. There is a 20% discount offer on Ebay for using Citi cards till March 3. There are ebay sellers selling the Samsung 850 EVO at a similar price. That will make it really a great bargain.
Edit: It appears that the Citi offer is only for certain items.

Last edited:
Thanks yes. I think I'll go with that. There is a 20% discount offer on Ebay for using Citi cards till March 3. There are ebay sellers selling the Samsung 850 EVO at a similar price. That will make it really a great bargain.
Edit: It appears that the Citi offer is only for certain items.

before purchasing the Samsung, please ensure they are selling with Indian warranty. Even on Amazon, there has been a issue about this.

PayTM is giving good offer on Samsung 850 EVO.
But in this thread @vivek.krishnan mentioned that people who have bought from Amazon have faced problems related to warranty. Any way to check beforehand if it has Indian warranty?
I am in a dilemma whether to buy from here. Other SSD's are also on sale (20% cashback using promocode)

https://paytm.com/shop/p/samsung-85...-0-gbps-ssd-STOSAMSUNG-850-COSM180936A29706B6

Rs.8399 - Rs.1680(cashback) = Rs.6719 for Samsung 850 EVO

If there is any other worthy enough SSD available on the PayTM site, do post a link. I was looking for the Samsung 750 EVO but that is out of stock.

Back