Best Inverter AC in India? Edit: Bought Sharp AH-XP18MV (AC discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a moderate hunt I zeroed in on the sharp model. Ordered Sharp AH-XP18MV today. Went for a bundled deal. Bought Bluebird stabilizer as well. Installation next week.

Total damages - 40.5k + 2.5k = 43k.

Last yr I bought 2ton panasonic inverter for.total of 50 with extra copper tubing and install.
So far parents are very happy and light bill increase is around.400-600 rs per month.
Inverter.tech.is honestly power saver.

@TheIndian - when buying ACs for our house we had checked out Multi ACs from Hitachi and Sharp but the cost does not justify the investment. As far as I recall buying two separate split ACs was around 25-40% cheaper than installing multi split ACs. not sure how the costing is now a days but earlier it was expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
rishiguru ,you have done a tremendous job.
ok during shifting of house ,is it required to remove all gas from compressor of ODU of a split ac and then refill after fitting at a new place.
and i didn't find sharp service centre in my area ,so in that case which company(among lg,panasonic and samsung) split ac would be good.both inverter and non-inverter segment.i have a lg 2star split in my house which shows frequent problems,so have a bad impression on lg ac.[DOUBLEPOST=1364737379][/DOUBLEPOST]ok another thing are bacterial filters in an AC really helpful. (as panasonic CS-15PKY does not have a bacterial filter)

rishiguru ,you have done a tremendous job.
ok during shifting of house ,is it required to remove all gas from compressor of ODU of a split ac and then refill after fitting at a new place.
and i didn't find sharp service centre in my area ,so in that case which company(among lg,panasonic and samsung) split ac would be good.both inverter and non-inverter segment.i have a lg 2star split in my house which shows frequent problems,so have a bad impression on lg ac.[DOUBLEPOST=1364737379][/DOUBLEPOST]ok another thing are bacterial filters in an AC really helpful. (as panasonic CS-15PKY does not have a bacterial filter)

Some of the modern ACs suck in the gas into the outdoor units and store it for relocation / insttallation

Just wanted to update that installation of my two 1.5 Ton Inverter ACs went well as planned and I have been enjoying ever since. Currently a problem has risen and I am very confused and need some help.

As discussed on this thread before, the Sharp 1.5 Ton Inverter was installed on my parent’s room since it runs most of the time. Performance is sort of amazing. The AC is very beautiful to look at, cools super fast and runs very quietly. I have no issues with this AC what so ever, it runs for long hours, even days effortlessly.

In my room I have a Hitachi Inverter which is equally good. But I am facing some issues with the Hitachi as below:

1)It was an old stock as Hitachi does not produce any inverter models as of now. During installation the gas seemed to have leaked while packed. So had to refill with additional gas.

2)After refill the AC performed awesomely, just like Sharp. Looks are not as good as Sharp’s and is a little bit noisy but cooling is equally good to Sharp.

3)I have been abroad for a week, so our Hitachi was switched off. Returning home we found the Hitachi is not responding to the remote control anymore. After lodging complain in customer care, their service engineer came and told us the control PCB have gone bust and it is very hard for them to get a replacement since Hitachi does not produce any inverters in India anymore. When asked why, he said Hitachi had only one model previously which I am using which have inherent design related issues and its control module go bust for no reason what so ever. So the company has stopped production and now makes only non-Inverters. I am heart broken as I thought Hitachi makes best ACs, so I spent five thousand over Sharp to get this Hitachi.

4)The service engineer will visit our home this weekend and replace the complete control module. Why is Hitachi doing this to me.:mad:

@vinay.pathak Out of curiosity, what made you go for two different brands ? and how old is your Hitachi ?[DOUBLEPOST=1364829864][/DOUBLEPOST]
@TheIndian - when buying ACs for our house we had checked out Multi ACs from Hitachi and Sharp but the cost does not justify the investment. As far as I recall buying two separate split ACs was around 25-40% cheaper than installing multi split ACs. not sure how the costing is now a days but earlier it was expensive.

Anyone has exact numbers for Multi split ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to update that installation of my two 1.5 Ton Inverter ACs went well as planned and I have been enjoying ever since. Currently a problem has risen and I am very confused and need some help. As discussed on this thread before, the Sharp 1.5 Ton Inverter was installed on my parent’s room since it runs most of the time. Performance is sort of amazing. The AC is very beautiful to look at, cools super fast and runs very quietly. I have no issues with this AC what so ever, it runs for long hours, even days effortlessly.
Congratulations for the purchase. What about the 1 ton Inverter in the third room?
In my room I have a Hitachi Inverter which is equally good. But I am facing some issues with the Hitachi as below:

1)It was an old stock as Hitachi does not produce any inverter models as of now. During installation the gas seemed to have leaked while packed. So had to refill with additional gas.

2)After refill the AC performed awesomely, just like Sharp. Looks are not as good as Sharp’s and is a little bit noisy but cooling is equally good to Sharp.

3)I have been abroad for a week, so our Hitachi was switched off. Returning home we found the Hitachi is not responding to the remote control anymore. After lodging complain in customer care, their service engineer came and told us the control PCB have gone bust and it is very hard for them to get a replacement since Hitachi does not produce any inverters in India anymore. When asked why, he said Hitachi had only one model previously which I am using which have inherent design related issues and its control module go bust for no reason what so ever. So the company has stopped production and now makes only non-Inverters. I am heart broken as I thought Hitachi makes best ACs, so I spent five thousand over Sharp to get this Hitachi.

4)The service engineer will visit our home this weekend and replace the complete control module. Why is Hitachi doing this to me.:mad:
Sorry to hear about the problems with Hitachi Inverter. Please keep us updated.

Anyone has exact numbers for Multi split ?
I recall seeing the Sharp AU-X3M24LV for about ~95K on shopclues. Considering its a 2 ton equivalent unit, its more expensive than 2 individual 1.5T ACs put together. Also since it has 3 IDUs, each will be roughly equal to a 0.7 ton unit which might be a bit too less. Can't find specs on the peak power each IDU is capable of if its used by itself.

The other thing I noticed with multi-splits is that since its a single big compressor, the lowest cooling level it can drop to will be proportionately higher than a smaller compressor on an individual unit. Specs say a min. 2.3KW of cooling power on the multi vs 0.9KW on a 1T AC. A 1T ACs full load cooling capacity is about 3.6KW, so 2KW is still about ~64% of full load. So if you have only one IDU running at a time in a multi-split, it wouldn't drop as low as an individual unit would and this can hurt power savings.

Thanks.

RishiGuru: I have download the specification manual and remove the other model only Inverter 1.0 to 1.5. If you see the 1.5 Ton there other model having all features as compare to AX-XP18-MV. Even EER differ, sorry I forget to mark.

BSXy3TH.png

Thanks.

RishiGuru: I have download the specification manual and remove the other model only Inverter 1.0 to 1.5. If you see the 1.5 Ton there other model having all features as compare to AX-XP18-MV. Even EER differ, sorry I forget to mark.

I have seen this catalogue and it has many mistakes. I laughed when I looked at the specification sheet. It seems Sharp Products (India) people have kept their standards as good as their ill maintained website. I look for Sharp international websites for proper specs.

First make sure whether the other 1.5 Ton Inverter models are available in India or not. I believe most probably not.

I have seen this catalogue and it has many mistakes. I laughed when I looked at the specification sheet. It seems Sharp Products (India) people have kept their standards as good as their ill maintained website. I look for Sharp international websites for proper specs.

First make sure whether the other 1.5 Ton Inverter models are available in India or not. I believe most probably not.

What is AX-XP18-MV current price and Sharp charge for pipe and outerstand too and any other charges. Like in Daikin you have to pay for Rs650 outer-stand and Rs645/metre for pipe plus Rs1500 installation + Rs3000 stabilizer

What is AX-XP18-MV current price and Sharp charge for pipe and outerstand too and any other charges. Like in Daikin you have to pay for Rs650 outer-stand and Rs645/metre for pipe plus Rs1500 installation + Rs3000 stabilizer
Read the entire thread from top to bottom. All your queries will be answered.

Rishi I ordered my 18MV from a reputed dealer at Kolkata today for Rs 41K though another dealer quoted Rs 40,200,but I found his practices and talk a bit shady.Now all I want is the installers contacts. Please Help me. And thank you,big time. I had almost bought a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries or Electric s non Inverter AC. But MHI has bad bad ASS and Electric seriously overcharges as Toshiba does for no reason. I Love Trane ACs but we dont get them in Kolkata!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back