Graphic Cards Best GPU under 15K...for my Desktop.

@Demon: why do u say so..?
will 4GB .. not come in handy.. for future games ..say.. after 3-4 years..?

4gb is strictly for 1080p
and it will come handy but the memory bus of this card will limit it
If it had been 256bit bus it would have been a overkill card
No need to spend the extra 1.5k here as it will remain unused

my only concern is that say ,..after 3-4 years,, if the min. requirement of games becomes 4GB, then will buying 2 GB card ..will be unable to play those games....is it a concern??

my only concern is that say ,..after 3-4 years,, if the min. requirement of games becomes 4GB, then will buying 2 GB card ..will be unable to play those games....is it a concern??

That card wont last you 3-4 years on 1080p whether be it 2gb or 4gb
And min req of games for 4gb wont happen at till at the end of this console gen or xbox one will fail :p

Al
That card wont last you 3-4 years on 1080p whether be it 2gb or 4gb
And min req of games for 4gb wont happen at till at the end of this console gen or xbox one will fail :p
Although OP is okay with 900p I would suggest what I said earlier for future proofing-Wait some more,Save some more,Get a 970:):)

Al

Although OP is okay with 900p I would suggest what I said earlier for future proofing-Wait some more,Save some more,Get a 970:):)
I would suggest get a 960 play for 1-2 years sell it and get a pascal.By then a 2nd gen pascal will arrive which will be much more powerful and VFM than 970 at the price or even lower

in reality that 4gb will never get used up unless one goes nuts with the skyrim mods.
and also, if there is a game that needs 4gb of video memory then chances are the gpu will be too slow/old to handle it, let alone use up the memory. (i don't see this happening for a while as the higher the requirements of a game, the fewer potential customers there are).
you mentioned that the 4gb variant is 1.5k more. if you plan on changing the gpu within the next 3 years then the 4gb will net you better resale value.
other than that, the 4gb's advantage is very situational.

Back