Graphic Cards Best GPU under 15K...for my Desktop.

Guys..
i am in need of a GPU under 15 K for my PC... Please suggest the best GPU available (preferably from Nvidia) .I would like a GPU ,which will allow me to play recent titles for atleast 2-3 years.. 1080 p gaming is sufficient for me..

My PC:
Intel i5 4590
Gigabyte H97 D3H mobo
8GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance Ram
Seasonic SII 520 W SMPS
1 TB HDD + 120 GB SSD(Samsung)
17" CRT (Samsung) [ Will upgrade later]

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
agreed... GTX 960 is good.. but there are so many company of GTX-960 like MSI,Asus,Gigabyte,Gainward,Zotac, . out of all these, which 960 GTX is best in terms of performance...?
I intend to purchase from Nehru place...delhi...

Last edited:
Go for the Zotac one as they have pretty good warranty terms compared to the others
.The link I posted is for the Amp edition so I think a vanilla 960 will be a tad cheaper.

Can't you save for a few more months and go for a 970.If you are planning to game at FHD and not at 1440p/4K then 970 will be pretty future proof as the rest of the hardware is quite good.Just my 2 cents though.:p

basically i am looking for a GPU..which will allow me to play recent titles for ..3 may be next 5 years.. at playable fps.. even if 1080 resolution is not possible.. but 1024 resolution is ok.. if i can play recent tittles 5 years later..

from this point of view.. is going for ..970 worth.. price of 970??[DOUBLEPOST=1446277949][/DOUBLEPOST]how about MSI 960 card?

Last edited:
basically i am looking for a GPU..which will allow me to play recent titles for ..3 may be next 5 years.. at playable fps.. even if 1080 resolution is not possible.. but 1024 resolution is ok.. if i can play recent tittles 5 years later..

from this point of view.. is going for ..970 worth.. price of 970??[DOUBLEPOST=1446277949][/DOUBLEPOST]how about MSI 960 card?

Bloody hell mate!!!!You are ok with gaming at 1024 with that rig???This is blasphemy and you ought to be burnt at the stake.:p

If you upgrade to a 1080p monitor at some point in the future you can rest assured that you will be able to play almost all games @1600/1080p at least for the next 3 years with the 970.(or at least till an upgrade for the xbox/PS is announced)

I had a bad experience personally during RMA of a MSI Mobo and I have been avoiding them since.
Ask around on this forum and you will see that people prefer Zotac due to their 5 years warranty

http://www.zotac.com/in/support/warranty-manager/register/warranty-disclaimer.html

:) ..@ Marcus....your.. reply just makes me more inclined to purchase a LCD monitor.. do suggest 24" LCD suited for gaming/movies (HD) within 10K..

actually.. i was going through few online site review.. as per reviews.. MSI>Gigabyte>Asus>Zotac..

That the reason for hesitation with zotac..

:) ..@ Marcus....your.. reply just makes me more inclined to purchase a LCD monitor.. do suggest 24" LCD suited for gaming/movies (HD) within 10K..

actually.. i was going through few online site review.. as per reviews.. MSI>Gigabyte>Asus>Zotac..

That the reason for hesitation with zotac..
Asus has good service but since you are looking to use it for 5 years max go with Zotac.My 6970 2 GB was a Asus model and had quite a few issues with dust and overheating.
Right now I have a Zotac GTX 770 and I am okay with its performance 2 years down the line.Save up for some time get a 970 and then look at the monitor.

I am not that confident about providing you with good options when it comes to LCD monitors.Bought mine 3 years back and didn't keep up with the latest reviews/news regarding monitors.

If somebody can help out in this regard then great.

the gtx 960 performs pretty equal across vendors. the real difference is in the clock speeds (and thus the cooler performance).
msi generally has the best performing coolers but zotac has the longest warranty which adds to the resale value later.
street prices are generally lower than online prices unless there's an offer/sale going on.
for 1080p the dell s2240l is a commonly recommended monitor for under 10k.

personally i too, feel that saving up another 10k for the 970 is worth it.
it's equal to a 960-sli setup. if you do get the gtx 970 then you will be able to run all games for the next 5 years at really high/ultra settings @1080p
also your psu will support it easily.

p.s. get rid of the crt monitor asap. it causes an unbelievable amount of eye-strain.

Last edited:
ok, no worries.
I can only find reviews of the zotac amp edition but here's what i learnt;
-the gtx 960 has a 98 degree thermal limit and the zotac amp edition runs at around 80 degrees which seems correct given the massive overclock on it.
-Nvidia's base clock on the 960 is 1127 mhz while the zotac starts at 1266 mhz and boosts up to 1329 mhz (that'a a huge 200+mhz).
-if you're staying in a hot place or no ac in the room then you might face issues as the 80 degrees i posted above was probably from a test done in some cold european country. also they would ensure no airflow problems to influence the performance results but in the real world the cabinet can cause overheating if not ventilated well.

performance-wise the differences will (in the real world) work out to about 1-2 frames per second b/w vendors at similar clocks.
if it were me, the value proposition would be my main goal here i.e. get the cheapest one unless a small price bump (>1k) can get you a better deal.
the asus strix or an evga superclocked can be considered too if they aren't too pricey (i.e. 16k or less).
If price is equal then it all comes down to choosing between a 5 year warranty or lower temps.

Since you are looking at something to last you a while, Zotac does give 5 year extended warranty (3+2 with online registration) and you should be able to get a nice Amp or Amp extreme edition from a local dealer for around 15-16k. Online prices tend to be higher, so be wary of that.

though i must warn you, I'm not sure if you will be able to play games 2-3 years down the line on a 2gb card because they are getting more and more power hungry with their minimum requirements, so a 4gb variant would be ideal.

and seriously, 1024 res? 1080 at least bro!

GTX 960 is final most probably from Zotac.....
now should i get the 4GB version instead of 2GB... as .. difference of 1.5K is there between two....Will 4GB ensure that i will be able to play all new games for next 5 years at.. 1080 or a little less...resolution..
My main intension is that the graphics card will be able to play all games for at least 5 year ..even at a lower resolution iuf req..

GTX 960 is final most probably from Zotac.....
now should i get the 4GB version instead of 2GB... as .. difference of 1.5K is there between two....Will 4GB ensure that i will be able to play all new games for next 5 years at.. 1080 or a little less...resolution..
My main intension is that the graphics card will be able to play all games for at least 5 year ..even at a lower resolution iuf req..

If you are okay with 900p then the GTX 960 4 G will be good enough.Don't forget to register online for the extended warranty.

Right now In amazon the price difference between the amp editions(Both 2 GB) is 1k
http://www.amazon.in/ZOTAC-GTX950-1...e=UTF8&qid=1446447472&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+950
http://www.amazon.in/ZOTAC-GTX960-1...&qid=1446447487&sr=8-2&keywords=zotac+gtx+960

The link that you posted reflects US pricing where the difference between the two cards is 30$ which ought to translate to a difference of close to 2.5-3K considering the pricing of computer hardware in India.

That's why I said that better go for for 960 as it appears better VFM.

But now since the OP is looking at 4GB 960 amp I guess comparing the two 2 GB GPUs is a moot point.

Back