Best custom 4.4.4 ROM for Redmi 1S

What is the best custom 4.4.4 ROM for Redmi 1S ?

Currently I am on stock ROM ver 41 (rooted).

I really wanted to try Mokee's ROM for the RedMi. But am just not able to download it from his site. Tried more than 5-6 times and it just drops midway or well before that.
Wanted to try that one as it seems the most frequently updated and one with the least amount of bugs.

Using the unofficial CM11 ROM and it's been very good.
Battery life is almost at par (or can say even slightly better) while heating issue is gone after I underclocked processor through the inbuilt performance setting of the ROM.
No bugs that I noticed as yet even though there seemed to be concerns about speaker output and occasional graphical glitches.

Such a pleasure using stock Android!

:)

what is average battery life you getting guys, my redmi 1s with v37 battery lasts only 12-15 hrs max with average usage, also the battery drains like hell when watching videos for a 25min 480p video battery drains 10-12% any fix for this. I use MX player with software decoding.

Why use SW decoding? What video files (codec) you play on your phone?

I watch all videos on my RedMi using either HW or HW+ decoder as per needs. HW+ has volume booster option which I find useful at times. Battery consumption this way is normal on my device.

Also, what is the on-screen time you are getting on your phone for a full charge cycle?

P.S. If you like MIUI, please update to the latest stable version (v43). It does make a difference.

Bump. Any ideas on which one is really good?

Mokee seems to have quite a few bugs but is also loaded with features. I wanted a near bug free experience and was willing to compromise on fancy stuff, which made CM11 the default choice for me. Updated just yesterday to 20141101 after close to a month on 20140930. No complaints so far![DOUBLEPOST=1415165981][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just got the phone rooted efs backup taken, DLoading Mokee 2/11.

Normally EFS partition backup option is available in TWRP recovery. However, I was not able to see it on my RedMi. Using TWRP v2.8.x now.

How did you do it? I too always take a backup of that before fiddling with any phone but couldn't do it on this phone.

Mokee seems to have quite a few bugs but is also loadedUpdated just yesterday to 20141101 after close to a month on 20140930. No complaints so far![DOUBLEPOST=1415165981][/DOUBLEPOST]
Normally EFS partition backup option is available in TWRP recovery. However, I was not able to see it on my RedMi. Using TWRP v2.8.x now.
How did you do it? I too always take a backup of that before fiddling with any phone but couldn't do it on this phone.

For EFS- http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-1s/general/tut-backup-restore-imei-manually-t2907414

What's that exactly? I though it was simple root, custom recovery and flash zip. What is this for exactly?
It takes the back up for the partition that contains the imei number on the phone. Flashing Roms can corrupt the imei number if something like happens u have the backup that u can restore.

I really wanted to try Mokee's ROM for the RedMi. But am just not able to download it from his site. Tried more than 5-6 times and it just drops midway or well before that.
In the good old days of slow intenet AND ISP dropouts on top for good measure the following proved helpful. Worked regardless of whether the server supported resume or not.

wget --read-timeout=300 --waitretry=30 -t 30 <URL> -O <filename to save to disk>

default network timeout is 900 seconds so it will re-try automatically. timeouts can be set for shorter intervals. The “time” of this timeout refers to idle time: if, at any point in the download, no data is received for more than the specified number of seconds, reading fails and the download is restarted. This option does not directly affect the duration of the entire download.
Of course, the remote server may choose to terminate the connection sooner than this option requires. The default read timeout is 900 seconds.

-waitretry waits before retrying in case there is a connection disconnect -t 30 means try 30 times before moving to the next item. Default is 20 times.

Using the unofficial CM11 ROM and it's been very good.
Battery life is almost at par (or can say even slightly better) while heating issue is gone after I underclocked processor through the inbuilt performance setting of the ROM.
No bugs that I noticed as yet even though there seemed to be concerns about speaker output and occasional graphical glitches.

Such a pleasure using stock Android!

:)
Just reaslised there is no official CM build for Redmi, so this is one of those volunteer jobbies.

ETA ? whenever
stable ? whenever

How much did you underclock by ?
What screenon time do you get ?

Last edited:
In the good old days of slow intenet AND ISP dropouts on top for good measure the following proved helpful. Worked regardless of whether the server supported resume or not.

wget --read-timeout=300 --waitretry=30 -t 30 <URL> -O <filename to save to disk>

default network timeout is 900 seconds so it will re-try automatically. timeouts can be set for shorter intervals. The “time” of this timeout refers to idle time: if, at any point in the download, no data is received for more than the specified number of seconds, reading fails and the download is restarted. This option does not directly affect the duration of the entire download.
Of course, the remote server may choose to terminate the connection sooner than this option requires. The default read timeout is 900 seconds.

-waitretry waits before retrying in case there is a connection disconnect -t 30 means try 30 times before moving to the next item. Default is 20 times.

Thanks but where do I apply these changes?
Know zilch about these things.

Just reaslised there is no official CM build for Redmi, so this is one of those volunteer jobbies.

ETA ? whenever
stable ? whenever

How much did you underclock by ?
What screenon time do you get ?

Yes, it is unofficial.

ETA - gets updated weekly.
Stable - Yes. Perfectly fine as a daily driver.

Underclocked to 1190 GHz. Doing so didn't hamper device snappiness/response. Didn't try playing games though.

Screen on time ranges between 4-5 hours over a period of 24 hours with around 15 mins of voice calls. Breached the 5 hour mark just once so you can disregard that.

Cm 11 has some low audio problems . Even with rc9 . It seems fault is in the kernel . Miui have not released their sources yet AFAIK . I have used cm 11 on my redmi 1s and galaxy tab p3110 .

I think Pac-Man rom is the only one which is currently offering official update while all the other ones are unofficial.
Has there been any news Xiaomi coming with Android Kitkat?

I think Pac-Man rom is the only one which is currently offering official update while all the other ones are unofficial.
Has there been any news Xiaomi coming with Android Kitkat?
I think Kranthi had gone to the Hugo Barra conference in Bangalore, where he mentioned that both Mi3, and Redmi 1s will get Lollipop. So keeping fingers crossed :)

Back