Best Clinic for Lasik in Delhi and advice

So I have been wearing glasses from about 12-13 years and now I am 25. I have nearsightedness. I am thinking of getting the surgery done next month but would like to know the experience of the patients here (if any).
How much does it cost?
Is there any pain or discomfort during the surgery? How successful is it?
What happens before and after the surgery? Like any tests before it and precautions after.
And which is the best place in Delhi to get it done?

Cost: 20K upwards. There are couple of packages. Checkout couple of clinics for rates and procedures. Doctors are often shared across these clinics/super-specialty hospitals. Surprisingly, internet has lots of reviews on these doctors.

Discomfort: Only afterwards. When your eyes get too dry/scratchy and you are asked to put stingy antibiotic eye-drops every couple of hours. You may feel bad during the pre-surgery tests where they almost make you go blind (dilate your pupils), for conducting various tests.

Success: Yes, there's a huge percentage of successful surgeries. Since, eyes are precious, they'll leave no stone unturned to make sure you are surgery-worthy (thickness/health/consistency of your natural eye-lenses, your age etc). They'll ask you to sign a self-declaration form, stating that you may go blind and it's not clinic's responsibility... blah blah blah... the usual stuff.

Before surgery: They'll conduct lots of paid tests on your first visit to the clinic, to ascertain whether you can go thru surgery. On the day of surgery, they'll again conduct few paid tests to be absolutely sure. Then the prep-work comes... they'll make your eyes go numb for the operation. No pain though. Actual surgery is of few minutes only - based on the package.

After surgery: You'll hardly be able to open your eyes. They'll give you some costly eye drops to avoid catching infections. You'll be asked to wear sunshades. And you can go home right after the surgery. You'll spend a week in discomfort afterwards, based on your overall health. Your eyes will be scratchy and the eye drops are going to sting. You are not supposed to bend down and lift anything heavy during this period (water filled buckets etc)... anything that can make your eyes pop-out. :p You are not supposed to rub your eyes either, as they slice the upper layer of your lens, make corrections to the layer underneath and put back the upper layer. Clearly, there's no adhesive used to put back the sliced lens :p ... so don't rub your eyes.

You'll be asked to visit them for regular checkups - very important. Timeline is usually, 1 week after the operation, 1 month and then 6 months. If your eyes are healthy you might get rid of the eye-drops for dry eyes pretty quickly. Otherwise, it's for life-long use. Some people can't develop tears after this operation as the tear ducts get sliced. Pretty common and not scary. But lots of youngsters recover easily. Maybe it'll affect them later on, but who wants to live forever? :p

They'll tell you each and everything regarding the precautions. Plan you operation according to your leaves, weather, comfort at home etc.

Best place: Almost all of them, as they share doctors/consultants etc. "Center For Sight" has many branches. Multi-Speciality hospitals also conduct such quick, money-making operations. Then there are other reputed clinics like, Dr Vasan's and Dr Shroff's. Visit couple of them.

I haven't got any operation done on my eyes but I've accompanied lots of my relatives during these operations. Procedure is same across the board.

Thank you for answering everything but that self declaration part is scary. Who wouldn't?
I will check out the clinic's to see if there is anyone who won't make me sign such form but I doubt I am gonna find it

I would have to postpone this surgery now. Need to upgrade system and learn a 3d software which would take 3-4 months salary combined. So I am stuck with the glasses for who knows how long

But it isn't like I have money and doing it to avoid any complications but I have to invest that money in the system upgrade now and then improve my skills in a designing software that would cost 30k. So total 40-50k would be invested and I would have to postpone every other thing that was already a necessity. But they aren't priority right now because if this thing doesn't work out this time, my dreams of a better life would be over for once and all. Already a lot behind than my classmates. Started earning 2 months ago at the age of 25. :-(

then get yourself tested at one of these centers to get an idea of the time and money involved. i don't know about delhi but a lot of eye clinics in india offer financing options. maybe you can manage it alongwith your job.

Back