Best budget tablets to buy under 10000

bharat_14101991 published a new article:

Many of you wants to buy a tablet, but the main question with everyone is which one to buy. so here's my take on the 'Best budget tablets to buy under 10000'. this list is according to the current market. i have tried my best to assemble all the data i can and make a list. please go through and provide comments/suggestions.

Read more about this article...

Just tabulating the specs and then mentioning the pros and cons would have helped. Right now everything looks sort of a mishmash. Just my two paisa. ;)

well i thought of doing so but then if would have been just specs, not much words. as i dont have hands on experience on these tablets i cant describe much about them other then the specs. but will surely keep your 'two paisa' in mind for my future guides :)

well i thought of doing so but then if would have been just specs, not much words. as i dont have hands on experience on these tablets i cant describe much about them other then the specs. but will surely keep your 'two paisa' in mind for my future guides :)

You can always edit and improve your guide :)

yes sure i can. but without physically checking the tablets myself i cant write much cons and pros about them. the article will be left with much less content if i just make a table of the specs. but i will see and do what i can. :)

Got a Dell Venue 7 for my parents in June, and it is a steal at under 10K(I got it at about 8.3K, some got it at 7.3K during the Flipkart promotion). The tablet is quite smooth, thanks to the processor and 2GB RAM, but my parents only use it for Internet, ebook reading, video/music and light gaming. So it is not nearly tested on the processing capacity front. While Dell has kept the bloatware low, they have pushed all apps to system, which means you cannot uninstall then unless you root it. This particularly irritates me because they have installed 2 browsers(stock browser and Crome) and some cloud storage/remote access apps that make sense for power users but my parents surely dont need them. Battery life and internal speaker volume is decent but not steller, In any case I got a case with speakers so that it is easier to watch movies.

Dell Venue 8 32GB model is selling for Rs.12000, would you guys suggest that ?

Dell has already updated the Android Venue 8 & 7 model with Full HD display and Intel Z3480 Merrifield, but with a reduced ram size of 1GB lpDDR3 (it was 2GB lpDDR2 earlier).

I want it to be able to run movies smoothly (mkv, H.264 and other formats).

It should be able to run HD movies, but the downgrade to 1GB RAM is disappointing. If your usage scenario is primarily HD movies, then 32GB model makes sense because the internal memory is much faster than microsd cards. Otherwise, both venue 7 and 8 come with microSD slots. That is the reason I went for the 16GB model, it didn't make sense forking out an additional 2.5K for the 32GB model when I could just as well get a class 4 32GB card for 1K.

how is venue 8, for reading ebooks? Does it support usb OTG?
I think it supports otg, I'll check it and confirm. I found it to be excellent for reading online news and online articles, much better than 7" ones. It's good for reading ebooks too, but it cannot replace an eink display. BTW, for documents and webviews it automatically switches to full screen view, so that is a boon.
I charged it full once, then downloaded, installed, and configured well over 30 apps, downloaded 500mb update, and 2 720p videos of 400mb each, it lasted 5 days with that charge.

How is the Asus Fonepad 7 2014 model. The dual sim one. Its there for 7300 on flipkart. Need to buy for my mom for surfing, reading and watching movies.

I think it supports otg, I'll check it and confirm. I found it to be excellent for reading online news and online articles, much better than 7" ones. It's good for reading ebooks too, but it cannot replace an eink display. BTW, for documents and webviews it automatically switches to full screen view, so that is a boon.
I charged it full once, then downloaded, installed, and configured well over 30 apps, downloaded 500mb update, and 2 720p videos of 400mb each, it lasted 5 days with that charge.
Can you tell me if there is any late response issue with the touch screen?

A friend has it and says that sometimes the touch does not register. But I am not sure if it is a problem with the tab or the person is using it wrongly.

Last edited:
I think I got the same issue, the touch has no blind spots on the entire screen, it's smooth but after some time(>10 mins of usage) it sometime fails to register a few touches randomly, I just lock and unlock the tab once and then it starts working fine again. The locking and unlocking procedure acts like 'refresh' for the screen. Chances are that it might be a software issue. I'll try a custom ROM in the future to confirm if this issue goes away.

Back