Best Broadband in Jairaj, Borivali (W)

Just updating my speed test results. As you can see it is consistent most of the times, but yes sometimes it drops to less than half

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455371437.716001.jpg

I have used YouTube and it worked well. On PC I could see speeds touching 20Mbps when streaming YouTube at 1080p. For idm downloads, it would consume entire 5Mbps and for torrents many a times I got speeds up to 1.8MBps (Capital B) which is like close to 14-15 Mbps (small b).[DOUBLEPOST=1455449092][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is what one of the torrents from a public tracker is giving me at present. The plan is 5 Mbps but DL speed is reaching 16 Mbps+
Torrents -One of the things I cannot do so easily in the US so while I am here, getting some stuff that I need for watching outside the home.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I'm shifting to IC Colony and I called them up there plans are of 4 ,6,8,10,16 and 20Mbps all unlimited costing from 400 to 2100/- and I got to see the speed test on a 4Mbps plan at someones place.

I am paying around 700 bucks for the same.
Why on earth do we have such a shitty pricing policy by ISP's. I have been paying nearly 10 times (Rs 4000/- for 4Mbps, recently downgraded to 2Mbps) for the same speed for my office here in Pune. Government never did anything to stop such malpractices or upgrade the existing internet infrastructure.

I 'm also paying Rs 300/- for a 512Kbps connection at home, downgraded this one too from 1Mbps one because of stupid pricing and fluctuating speeds. I was getting high pings on BF3, BF4 & CSGO. Thinking of switching my internet connection. :(

Just updating my speed test results. As you can see it is consistent most of the times, but yes sometimes it drops to less than half

View attachment 62928

I have used YouTube and it worked well. On PC I could see speeds touching 20Mbps when streaming YouTube at 1080p. For idm downloads, it would consume entire 5Mbps and for torrents many a times I got speeds up to 1.8MBps (Capital B) which is like close to 14-15 Mbps (small b).[DOUBLEPOST=1455449092][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is what one of the torrents from a public tracker is giving me at present. The plan is 5 Mbps but DL speed is reaching 16 Mbps+
Torrents -One of the things I cannot do so easily in the US so while I am here, getting some stuff that I need for watching outside the home.

View attachment 62949
this is something called as peering at work.
nothing to do with your speed/plan you buy.
example: check here the speed on a 512 kbps plan
upload_2016-2-28_17-17-28.png

In Borivali now

IaVm5Eg.png

Eyesee DotNet is the provider for 20Mbps UL @1200

Hey can you ask whether it is available in Yoginagar area ?
While I don't see a need to change for now at my home, streaming is never used. But good to know if it is available.

No they only cover I.C Colony , but there are some Joister who would be able to provide you connection

Just a small update with my current local broadband provider which gives me 5 Mbps up and down. My dad says there are no issues with the service and it is stable. We see no lag or poor connection in Facetime calls and my dad now uses it a lot to stream youtube using a roku stick and he says things rarely buffer. So overall it works and I am good with it.

Just wanted to update this really old thread. I had never used this connection when it was installed. But now since I am here in Mumbai at my home, I got a chance to use it.
The provider has increased speed to 10Mbps. Considering little options my area has, I consider these speeds decent.
YouTube, Netflix, Amazon prime works very well. 3rd party apps also stream well. I use fire stick to watch stuff on tv.

Also if anyone has suggestions of anyone else or experience with any other company let everyone know here.
I dont know my current ISP name (i know it sounds stupid) but when I do speed test it shows DEN Sattelite.

Back