Best Broadband in Jairaj, Borivali (W)

Had a word with hitesh, they are yet to start their servers at yogi nagar but he told that its going to happen before 25 of this month. There is no fup and as festive officer, they are waiving the installation charges also.
Guy seems to be friendly and project looks promising. He is going to visit my place at jairaj nagar to see the feasibility.

Raks, you can try their services as there are no installation charges.

Now I am in more dilemma, what to do with mtnl! I have paid 500 rs for installation though no one has visited my place till now.
Also in the morning have ordered tp link 8968 which I had cancelled now.

My connection was started two days ago.

I didn't have to pay a rupee to mtnl.. And i was going ton configure the router myself.. And the guy from mtnl did it free.. Also you don't have to pay the 50/month charge...

I have received promised speeds.

512/1mbps/2mbps..only problem is I'm getting 100+ ping/latency.

Please stick to known players, do not invest in startups...

yeah . since there are no installation charges,till then stay on mtnl.
when they launch and you see their services active , then use both and take a call which one to ditch ;)

am in the same area...... MTNL UL1333..... linesmen maintain the lines very well here....... few wks back had noise in line..... they turned up nxt day itself tht too on Sunday.......

Hardly any downtime frm MTNL to report......

Ping tends to fluctuate as per the routes MTNL takes...... right now on Airtel routes, so pings r less...... they switch to Sify/VSNL sometimes then ping goes up..... Speeds r always as promised........

Went to MTNL office for taking new connection. Have been told that since I am on Leave and Licence, I have to pay 3000 upfront.
Already been high on expenses due to shifting and dont want to spend more and decided to try netcom first.
They visited my home and will provide the connection by this weekend.
If that doesnt work out properly, will go ahead with MTNL.

Went to MTNL office for taking new connection. Have been told that since I am on Leave and Licence, I have to pay 3000 upfront.
Already been high on expenses due to shifting and dont want to spend more and decided to try netcom first.
They visited my home and will provide the connection by this weekend.
If that doesnt work out properly, will go ahead with MTNL.

So finally got the connection from Netcom. They have installed small antenna on top of my building. Getting good speed and stable connection.
Here is the speedtest
3043371449.png

So finally got the connection from Netcom. They have installed small antenna on top of my building. Getting good speed and stable connection.
Here is the speedtest
3043371449.png

How is the connection routed? Do they cover specific areas only? Their rates for 2 and 3 Mbits look really tempting, provided they are not FUP'd.

Here is the speedtest

What plan you are on and what are you paying ? Initial cost ?
My home is in Yoginagar so it is good if i know of alternates. Currently using MTNL.
Antenna ? Is it wimax, tikona types or something ?

I am currently on 1 MBPS unlimited plan(no FUP) which costs 550 pm(including tax) which is quite cheap as compared to Incable which charges 900 for it. Though it took over a month for them to give me the connection but after using it for 2 weeks I am satisfied. No downtime in these 2 weeks and speed is also stable. May be I am lucky since there are not many users.
They are franchisee of Nivyah broadband.
Anyways, the technology seems to be based on Wimax. The antenna needs to be in line of sight of their hub. Its a small antenna but you need to get your society permission since they wont install untill you give them society permission letter.
There is no installation charges as of now so there is no harm in trying. Just one request, please take my reference. You can mention me as "Saurabh from Jairaj Nagar".

It is working fine, downtime is around few hours in a month.

Good to know. Are speeds consistent ? Also as mentioned before, is it like tikona wimax thing ?
Also what all they provide you when installing ? Their own router or you have to get own wifi router ?
I am unable to find their website, do they have one ?
Also downtime is like every day or only some days for say couple of hours or so ?
I don't really want downtime of 1-2 days and such to happen.

Lot of questions ;) Let me answer that.
Speed is consistent.
The technology is based on wireless technology where the receive is installed on the terrace and should be in line of sight of the server installed at some tall building. They dont provide the router, you have to use your own wifi router or you can plug the cable to laptop directly. They are local redistributor of some ISP and that why they dont have any website. But I know them personally so no problem at support.
Downtime is around for few hours in a total month on couple of days. Thats the max I have faced.
If you decide to go ahead, you can take my reference.
One more thing, they have almost 40-45 plans to suit everyone's requirement.

@honest1
I contacted Hitesh just now and spoke to him. The prices seem to be same as ones I listed an year back in this thread. Installation charges are 1000 Rs and he asked me my building number. When I told him, he mentioned that one of the flats is already using their service in my building. I plan to go to that flat tomorrow and see in action (hopfully).
He mentioned that what they put on rooftop is not a dish but some sort of small device.
If this works out, I plan to disconnect MTNL for the time being and start with this and if in worst case I am unhappy with their service then I can always get MTNL connection back.
I just want a broadband with decent plans and no FUP , good speeds and no disconnections like MTNL.

How is the youtube streaming and what is your plan ?

Sorry too many questions.[DOUBLEPOST=1411124655][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: One more thing. He told me that if I want them to configure my wifi router for internet then I have to pay additional 500 Rs.
Can you tell me if it is easy or difficult to configure the router for wifi access ?

Sorry asking you so many questions since you are the absolute single person who can give me the review.
Worst case I might drop at your home on weekend. :p

Last edited:
@honest1

Went to the house in my building which has this connection. They had only good things to say about it. I check on my building's terrace and saw a small brick like device hung with a LAN cable to their house.
I have called Hitesh to explain me plans and everything.
Most probably will shift to this.

Still query about the wifi router setup. Can you tell me what is the setup so I can do myself? Else they will take 500 Rs extra. Also since first I want to try using my personal TPLink router and may switch to another better router in future and I cannot call that guy again at that time.

@honest1

Sorry but I am summoning you to this thread. I wasn't able to meet Hitesh since I had to go out. But my dad met him and we have sort of decided where to place the modem and router.
He mentioned 1000 Rs installation and 2500 along with Installation and also TPLink router. I don't know which router he is giving as he did not give me model number.
He says it is 300 Mbps one with 3 years warranty. I will be going to that neighbor's house to check the modem. Not sure if I should take it or not.
Also is there any discount if paid for entire year ? I don't intend to pay full year initially but still it will be good to know.

Edit: planning to not buy my router and use the TPLink one I have. Can you guide me how to do setup of the wifi router ?
I saw that what they give doesn't really look like a modem but a small white box (size of Ambrane power bank).

Last edited:
@honest1

So I have finalized getting this Netcom broadband. Btw I did find a website listing the plans. Also I have the flyer with me now. We have short listed the place where the router will be placed. But still deliberating.
Also I am planning to get a dual antenna 300mbps TPLink router from them only. I anyways don't have any other router with me here.
Also haven't finalized whether to go for 1Mbps or 2 Mbps plan. Mostly going for 1Mbps.
For now I shall pay for monthly and then decide whether to pay quarterly or yearly.

Great. How much they charged for installation?
Let me know what's the website.
I have 1mbps plan only and I also pay them monthly.

Great. How much they charged for installation?
Let me know what's the website.
I have 1mbps plan only and I also pay them monthly.

I haven't given any money yet and nothing is setup yet. Should be done on coming Saturday.
Installation is 1000. Router 1500.
Here is the website..

http://www.netcombroadband.com

Yet to decide on the speed. But how is YouTube and other steaming media performance on your 1Mbps plan ?

Back