Best Broadband in Jairaj, Borivali (W)

honest1

Adept
Looking for good broadband in Jairaj Nagar(Near Yogi Nagar) in Borivali(W).
Have heard about cable net but is it good?
Primarily looking for atleast 1 MBPS speed and with unlimited data and no FUP since I have Go flex which is on for 24 hours.
Looking forward for your suggestions.

the cable net is good with a DC++ last i heard in yogi nagar.
how much of it is true i am not so sure.
other than that MTNL is your best bet.

Ask the Incablenet guys @honest1
I have never inquired myself, my house is in Yoginagar and i am using MTNL there but that is because the internet is sparsely used and i am subscribed to the MTNL 450 Rs plan.

And if you do get some information and take a connection i request you to please come back to this thread and let us know about it.

I used to pay less than 500 for 1 mbps unlimited in central suburb and here incable is asking 900 for the same, is it so expensive here? Monopoly?

monopoly? yes.
western suburbs especially borivali has had poor broadband plans all the time.

do check if they have DC++. else MTNL should be the way ahead. or even reliance BB thunder plan. (if they provide service that is)

Checked with incable, they don't have dc++.
I am now inclined towards taking mtnl since as I heard that their services are good.

Few doubts, I don't have adsl+router( have 2 wifi routers), so is it better to take new router or should I take it from mtnl?

Checked with incable, they don't have dc++.
I am now inclined towards taking mtnl since as I heard that their services are good.

Few doubts, I don't have adsl+router( have 2 wifi routers), so is it better to take new router or should I take it from mtnl?

Take router from them, the ADSL+Wifi. This way in future if you were to have some problem they will not give stupid reason like "problem with your wifi router" and all. But in case of MTNL, once you get the connection, i don't think you will have much downtimes.
What rates did Incablenet give you ? The cable connection at my home in Borivali in Incablenet and i see ad of internet on their info channel sometimes.
I don't see any plans anywhere online so have no idea about them.

their plan is like 550 for 512 kbps, 900 for 1 mb and so on. Let me know if you are looking for some specific requirement.

Also I heard some pacenet is also there. Will enquire tomorrow further.[DOUBLEPOST=1375787805][/DOUBLEPOST]Does mtnl charges non refundable amount of rs 600 upfront for router besides monthly charges of rs 50?

Last edited:
Will check that. Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1375874065][/DOUBLEPOST]Pacenet too does not have DC++. Their cost is lower as comapred to inclable at 700 for 1mbps but they are asking for 1500 as installation charges.

Incable has 600 rs as installation charges.

Last edited:
Now, I have 3 options with me:
1. Incable net(Initial cost - 600Rs, Monthly 900 for 1MBPS)
2. Pacenet(Initial cost - 1500 Rs, Monthly 700 for 1MBPS)
3. MTNL (Initial cost 500+200 for wired modem, Monthly 550 for 512 kbps plan)

Neither Incable or pacenet have DC++. Also I am really not sure how is their services, someone from this area can give their reviews.

Help me out to decide, I am really confused now :(

The only time I ever owned a Pacenet connection was back in '07 and even though it had a hub, local cable operator ripped us badly for the Internet packs. They charged 600 bucks for a measly 34Kbps. Once I got MTNL, I never EVER looked back.

Ok, so finally taken mtnl based on all your suggestions.
Planning to take my own router, shortlisted tp link W8961ND. Is it a good router? I would had taken 8968 but since I already have goflex, dont require the usb.
Any other router suggestions?

Ok, so finally taken mtnl based on all your suggestions.
Planning to take my own router, shortlisted tp link W8961ND. Is it a good router? I would had taken 8968 but since I already have goflex, dont require the usb.
Any other router suggestions?
The difference is not only the usb.

8961 has 2*3dBi antaenna, while 8968 has 2*5dbi antaenna.

That increases the range.

The 8968 costs only 2150- coupons on Snapdeal, i got it this week...

@honest1

Although you have already have taken the connection from MTNL, there is a flyer which came in the newspaper yesterday and you can ask them about it.
Name is Netcom and plans are like this...

prepaid:

512 Kbps - 349 Rs
1Mbps - 549 Rs
2Mbps - 999 Rs
3Mbps - 1499 Rs
4Mbps - 1799 Rs

Unlimited and no mention of any FUP.
There are postpaid and quartely, half yearly and yearly plans too. No harm in calling them and asking. Here are the two numbers on the pamphlet.

Hitesh Buddhdev - 9819693023
Pradeep Lahoti - 8425987990

Do report back if you call them.

Had a word with hitesh, they are yet to start their servers at yogi nagar but he told that its going to happen before 25 of this month. There is no fup and as festive officer, they are waiving the installation charges also.
Guy seems to be friendly and project looks promising. He is going to visit my place at jairaj nagar to see the feasibility.

Raks, you can try their services as there are no installation charges.

Now I am in more dilemma, what to do with mtnl! I have paid 500 rs for installation though no one has visited my place till now.
Also in the morning have ordered tp link 8968 which I had cancelled now.

Had a word with hitesh, they are yet to start their servers at yogi nagar but he told that its going to happen before 25 of this month. There is no fup and as festive officer, they are waiving the installation charges also.
Guy seems to be friendly and project looks promising. He is going to visit my place at jairaj nagar to see the feasibility.

Raks, you can try their services as there are no installation charges.

Now I am in more dilemma, what to do with mtnl! I have paid 500 rs for installation though no one has visited my place till now.
Also in the morning have ordered tp link 8968 which I had cancelled now.

I am not changing it because i don't really stay in Mumbai all the time so i am ok with anything that works.

Back