Best ac router? Budget 10-15K?

Hi Guys,

Looking for a good ac router. Reviews suggest either the Netgear R7000 or the Asus AC68U.

Need range and good transfer speeds. Gigabit ports are a must. Suggestions? Between the two, which would you recommend? Any others I should look at?

Also, am planning to install a Sonos system, so looking at which would be best for that too.

The stock firmware of the r7000 is tailored towards a newbie (though it contains everyone one requires) while the stock firmware of the AC68U is tailored more towards a power user.

Out of the box range and speeds are better on the r7000 than Ac68U. 3rd party firmware support is also better on the r7000 as it is one of the more popular routers out there.

I suggest you check wirecutter or smallnetbuilder reviews for more info. Personally I use an r7000 (got it for a lot lot less than normal retail) and am happy with everything - don't have much of a reason to complain.

I am willing to bet either of them will work just fine for you. Buy the one that you can get for cheaper.

9k on amazon.in r7000.

now, OOB r7000 is easier to setup and work with
with your budget you could look at higher models as well

Higher models such as? I read that the higher models don't give any practical benefit as they need some reciever that current laptops dont have?

Got the router.

2.4GHz seems to be much faster than the 5 if there are walls in between. Expected I suppose, but the reduction in speed is more than I thought it would be. In the same room, the 5GHz is really fast.

I thought that Wifi ac is only on the 5GHz? I find that my laptop is showing ac even when connected to the 2.4Ghz network. Any idea why?
Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 10.04.48 pm.png

Back