Audio Best 5.1 speakers for a 5k budget ?

I am looking to buy .//5.1 speakers.. from Altec Lancing/Creative...... on Monday.. as i am going to Delhi..My budget is 5K... kindly suggest the best 5.1 Speaker system within this budget...

Re: Best 5.1 spekaers for . LCD..

I think people are only interested in replying to threads asking for a speaker of high price... :(
I am also interested to know whether we will be able to get a good one in this price range.

In case of speakers when the budget exceeds 4K, members of TE use some time to get good idea of what all speakers and from which manufacturer are available within price range mentioned in OP, what are the reviews, which set is VFM, pros and cons of each set, some user reviews etc.. So its takes time, not that TE suggests everything of higher price range and leave the low priced products... In case of speakers 5K is high and so its takes time....... We never open our mouth if we are not 100% sure of anything... Thats why many members have not suggested anything yet.. most of us would have sets below 3K or 4K... Adding 1K extra would definitely get much better sets of speakers....

In marathi we say "Ati ghai sankatat nhei".. Keep faith in TE and keep patience..

chiragsthakur said:
In case of speakers when the budget exceeds 4K, members of TE use some time to get good idea of what all speakers and from which manufacturer are available within price range mentioned in OP, what are the reviews, which set is VFM, pros and cons of each set, some user reviews etc.. So its takes time, not that TE suggests everything of higher price range and leave the low priced products... In case of speakers 5K is high and so its takes time....... We never open our mouth if we are not 100% sure of anything... Thats why many members have not suggested anything yet.. most of us would have sets below 3K or 4K... Adding 1K extra would definitely get much better sets of speakers....

In marathi we say "Ati ghai sankatat nhei".. Keep faith in TE and keep patience..
Whats your problem dood???? OP has asked for suggestion regarding speakers and you instead of suggesting something have started spaming?

Coming back to topic :
In 5k budget, you wont get much choice wrt 5.1ch setups.
I would say if you are not hell bent on buying a 5.1ch, its better to get a 2.1ch system in that price range. Atleast you will get good audio quality.

hellgate said:
Whats your problem dood???? OP has asked for suggestion regarding speakers and you instead of suggesting something have started spaming?

Coming back to topic :

In 5k budget, you wont get much choice wrt 5.1ch setups.

I would say if you are not hell bent on buying a 5.1ch, its better to get a 2.1ch system in that price range. Atleast you will get good audio quality.

Oh boy, now whats spamming in that?? I have just answered to keep patience..thats all... Come on bro dont have an insulting attitude towards others... I didnt have a solution to it. The second comment says everyone on TE is busy in suggesting things which is on higher price side, so i just told them it does not go like that... Explanation is given... No hard feelings for you... cheers

^chill dude.
There are users on TE who own a 5.1 upto range of 40k.
Ask hellgate. :p.
As for your range its subjective because that 5.1 which you get in 5k range will have low output satellites so you wont get the satisfaction of a 5.1 in a large room.
So If your room is smaller better go for a 2.1 speaker setup.
P S i use a creative 4.1 speaker set bought at 2.2k and i use it in stereo mode because in quadraphonic the out put is not satisfactory.
Although its good in stereo but my room is smaller so no problems there.
You can have a look at some reviews for creative 5.1 T6xxx (not sure about the model numbers)

I bought Logitech X-540 around 6 months back for Rs.5.4k, People from TE suggested it as well, Awesome speakers i must say!

BTW these are not available now, even 6 months back i had to struggle a lot to get these as demand was high...

Logitech has introduced Logitech Z506 to replace it, priced at around Rs.6.5k to Rs.7k. Try if u can get a demo of this...

Another decent choice would be the creative T6200, I have these, they are decent for movies and games in a small room, musically average..

saw it listed in deltapage for about 4 - 4.5 K

Pros

1. Speakers use RCA cables, cord extensions should be easy

2. The center channel speaker can be mounted on top of the LCD monitor

3. Can up mix dual channel sources to 5.1

Cons

1. Average sound quality (Expected for this price)

2. The 3.5 mm connection plugs and remote have a very short wire, restricting placement options.

3. the remote wire is fixed to the sub.

I guess chirags reply was to the 2nd post so i dont think it was a spam in anyway rather it was a good reply. Even i had made a thread regarding da5000 pro but since most of them here own the z5500 or some other speakers i could not get a proper solution to the problem so i had to pm a few who own a da5000 pro and they did help gladly

The z506 are the best you can get at this price range , the price of the same is 5.5k if u can go a little higher you may be able to get a da5000 at arnd 7.5-8k which are awesome speakers.

And regarding 5k sub speakers sounding crap , its obvious it it will sound crap for person who uses a 20k+ 5.1 system when compared to the same , but most of the people who buy speakers at this range usually are advancing from a normal 2.1 system or just stereo speaker system of around 1k so i can say it will sound way too good , i have a da5000 pro and a philips 5.1 ht of 3900 rs and i would not say that philips one sound crap anytime xcept for the bass which is muddy and boomy .

though Its true that 2.1 speakers will sound much better..

Get the Logitech z506 or the Creative T6200 as suggested above. They're both decent choices, and you can't go wrong with either.

Also, even if decent 5.1 isn't as good as a 2 channel system for music, it more than makes up for it's deficiency in games and movies.

I've got a Creative 6.1 channel speaker set-up, which I'm using as a 5.1 system. It's about 7 years old, and still going strong. Music isn't their strongest department, but for games and movies they're awesome. And they're pretty loud. I rarely increase the volume beyond 30%. And I keep the bass at about 20%, otherwise it becomes too strong for me.

Back