Video Best 40" TV under 25k

MiTV 4A 42"
This; costs 3K more but atleast I believe there would be some after sales support.

Also why not considering TV from VU ? I think it is going cheaper on FK right now.

Edit: Just checked, VU 40" is 18K on FK - model 40D6575

Has any other brand (cost effective or otherwise) matched Samsung's playback capabilities of various media file formats?

If it's an Android TV, install Kodi and it'll support much more formats than what Samsung supports.[DOUBLEPOST=1533558533][/DOUBLEPOST]
This; costs 3K more but atleast I believe there would be some after sales support.

Also why not considering TV from VU ? I think it is going cheaper on FK right now.

Edit: Just checked, VU 40" is 18K on FK - model 40D6575

No Smart features. He wants to use apps like Hotstar etc. I know getting a Chromecast or Prime Stick would be a better option but he wants it with the tv. Parents would find it too confusing changing inputs etc.

Last edited:
I bought Sansui 43" Full HD TV for 22k (Amazon.com) and connected to Mi TV Box 3. Now I am enjoying a full-fledged Smart TV with Chromecast support.

Don't fall for the smart TV bandwagon and would advise buying a normal LED TV. You can keep upgrading the TV Box (Fire TV, MI TV Box etc) as and when required.

Among the TV mentioned in OP, I would pic MI TV due to their software support and regular updates.

Last edited:
I bought Sansui 43" Full HD TV for 22k (Amazon.com) and connected to Mi TV Box 3. Now I am enjoying a full-fledged Smart TV with Chromecast support.

Don't fall for the smart TV bandwagon and would advise buying a normal LED TV. You can keep upgrading the TV Box (Fire TV, MI TV Box etc) as and when required.

Among the TV mentioned in OP, I would pic MI TV due to their software support and regular updates.

But are there any non-smart TVs from big brands available for under 25k? Even if they are, most are 720p models.

Has any other brand (cost effective or otherwise) matched Samsung's playback capabilities of various media file formats?

Use VLC. Works fine for Mi TV[DOUBLEPOST=1533643599][/DOUBLEPOST]Software part of Mi TV is junk. They want you to pay for the apps. SonyLiv app is the most promoted. In short, you might not get things you watch on the front screen.

Back