Benefits of online recharge sites like Freecharge, paytm, mobikwik etc

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
I've always wanted to ask this.
What are the benefits of online recharge sites? I know that they give some discount/coupons but do they have any other advantages over normal recharge? And can they be used for business purposes? Like many recharge outlets do Easy recharge and recharge cards and if you could use these sites for E-recharges.

Can the coupons be used to recharge any prepaid sim regardless of the network operator?
And can the recharge/coupon be used for e-recharge business? Say, you have a 100rs balance, using freecharge coupon gave you another 100rs balance making it 200rs in total. Two different customers wants to do a 100rs top-up e-recharge. You get a base profit of 100rs which is a lot!

Also Snapdeal buying Freecharge for a whopping $400M made me really curious. Any idea how they monetize on the platform? I wonder how long it would take to break even. >.<
I can recharge whenever I want to, without having to go hunting for recharge shops. That's good enough for me.
And how do you pay for the recharges? CC DC? I assume that there must be some bank transaction fee involved so is it worth it? Or you don't mind paying extra for the hassle?

You get a base profit of 100rs which is a lot!
mobile number being recharged would get a message from respective website, confirming the transaction. so the customer would know that the shady recharge vendor used some coupon based site.

were you thinking of getting into this business? :p

Or you don't mind paying extra for the hassle?
these days, there are no extra fees charged on such sites.

Instead of asking about benefits you should also think about the drawbacks :D I imagine these websites take your mobile number and sell them to telemarketers - even though they may or may not promise not to do so.

I imagine these websites take your mobile number and sell them to telemarketers

I have been using freecharge since its early days and have never received a telemarketing call on any of the numbers I have recharged with it.

And how do you pay for the recharges? CC DC? I assume that there must be some bank transaction fee involved so is it worth it? Or you don't mind paying extra for the hassle?

There are no extra charges involved. I pay using my credit card.

mobile number being recharged would get a message from respective website, confirming the transaction. so the customer would know that the shady recharge vendor used some coupon based site.
I doubt that they will care as long as they get the transaction and the recharge tariff plan of their orders.
were you thinking of getting into this business? :p
Duh! :p but not directly though. my brother and his wifey has a store with recharge outlet. Fact is people here don't know about such recharge sites and the outlet store nearby my house almost always run out of balance everyday. They do daily transactions reaching thousands and thousands. Well people also buy the recharge cards but i'll just tell them that we don't do it to cut down on deforestation. Save the trees! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1448381375][/DOUBLEPOST]
Instead of asking about benefits you should also think about the drawbacks :D I imagine these websites take your mobile number and sell them to telemarketers - even though they may or may not promise not to do so.
heh I bet people are used to getting such calls. :p
btw no transaction fee is cool.

Can the coupons be used to recharge any prepaid sim regardless of the network operator?
And can the recharge/coupon be used for e-recharge business?
Most of these coupons are restricted to a specific number of uses per account/mobile number. You cannot use them limitless. And BTW, I find that there are no longer good coupons for mobile recharges.

Believe it or not I've never used such a coupon for recharging. Well I don't make a lot of calls so I didn't feel the need for it.

Back