Battlefield 4 - Discussion Thread

BF3 was an unfinished product at launch, gonna wait this out if they price it above 1500 for the pc.
Too many upcoming shooters anyways.

This is just the standard EA ploy guys.

First, announce the game will be 3500.

Then sit and do nothing while everyone here screams and shouts.

After a while, offer a "new reduced price" of Rs.1999 and everyone is happy.

I'm just guessing here, but keeping in mind how EA works, they were (most likely) targeting a price of Rs.1999 to begin with!

However had they done so initially, people would have screamed/whined about it then and demanded a roll back.

This way, EA looks like it "cares about its customers" (yea right) by lowering their price after customer criticism.

Customer in turn are relieved they dont have to pay 3.5k.

This from a company mind you, that couldn't be bothered with setting up even ONE BF3 server in India despite BF3 having sold moderately well here.

Personally, I wouldn't buy BF4 standard edition for even one rupee above 999 with maybe 1499 for a LE. Then again, that's just me. EA can go "duck" themselves.

You know what I mean... ;)

What a ridiculous pricing! And I thought Bethesda was good at this!

Why can't these folks just price it at 999 and be done with it? We aren't asking for GTA IV pricing at least! :(

I knew this day was going to come, right when they tried to hike the prices to 1.8k with Dead Space 3 and FIFA12, even though they took it back due to the backlash. I guess I'll get BF4 a year later or something, not more than a thousand bucks!

The problem is that by the time they price BF4 right, BF5 will be around the corner. So you will only have a few months to enjoy the multiplayer. And even if you are an early adopter, there will be very few people playing the multiplayer of this game in India (because it is too expensive) for you to enjoy it.

The problem is that by the time they price BF4 right, BF5 will be around the corner. So you will only have a few months to enjoy the multiplayer. And even if you are an early adopter, there will be very few people playing the multiplayer of this game in India (because it is too expensive) for you to enjoy it.

Oh well :(

So much of hue and cry on forums and FB on the pricing front. .people spamming EA's page. . so many memes already made for this. .

Marketing Ploy ?. . . You are doing it rite . .

Either way. .not worth more than 1.5k for the PC !

Looks like I am done with Battlefield and EA games in general. I simply cannot afford 3500 hard earned bucks for a game which I will play occasionally at best. I won't miss it much, but I will miss Mass Effect 4, Dragon Age Inquisition and Mirror's Edge 2.

Looks like I am done with Battlefield and EA games in general. I simply cannot afford 3500 hard earned bucks for a game which I will play occasionally at best. I won't miss it much, but I will miss Mass Effect 4, Dragon Age Inquisition and Mirror's Edge 2.
Don't forget the extra money they will charge for the DLCs. I hope they learn their lesson this time.

More so with the amount of Bugs and incompatibility issues that the PC version has is pathetic..patch after patch after patch
.and still issues persist..
Its like wither get a PC worth 1lac..or FU.

Will be skipping BF4 too considering the ridiculous pricing.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to find sites such as GMG offer good pre-order discounts/cash-back/bundle combos etc. a month (or so) before the game launches.

Also, there's a rumor going around that AMD might bundle BF4 as part of a future "never settle" bundle at some point though this will probably be next year...

Source -

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/battlefield_4_to_be_bundled_with_amd_cards.html

More so with the amount of Bugs and incompatibility issues that the PC version has is pathetic..patch after patch after patch
.and still issues persist..
Its like wither get a PC worth 1lac..or FU.

I used to get BSOD after 5 mins of MP gameplay and there were thousands like me complaining on the battlelog forums. It took them 2-3 months after release to iron out these issues. None of the gaming sites covered problems like these.
DICE is a good developer but it was pretty clear they were trying to meet deadlines and beat COD to the holiday season releasing an unfinished product in the process.

can someone tell me the last time EA released a bug free BF game??
Don't tell me that BF3 was bug free, it was better than BC2 that's all.. Was BF BC bug free??

I for one will buy battlefield 4. That will be the money I would have spent on ea games otherwise. Now the rest of the games will go the 'ehm' way. It will just even out :)

Sent from my Xperia Z using TechEnclave Forum

Back