Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Re: The "Battlefield 3" Thread! [PC] [360] [PS3]

jojothedragon said:
I wonder how the jet concept is gonna work out.
The maps are gonna be HUGE. Larger than the BC2 map heavy metal, so you should understand.

jc36lect3r said:
Like how it worked in Battlefield 2, big maps.
yep ^^

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Rumor: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition to include 'Back to Karkand' DLC

battlefield3postrerm.jpg

Although EA has yet to officially detail the contents of the upcoming Battlefield 3 limited edition, this rather official-looking image has surfaced on Gamersmint. According to the poster, the LE version (all first-run copies of the game) will include "Back to Karkand" DLC "at no additional charge." The add-on includes four maps from Battlefield 2 "re-imagined with Frostbyte 2," the upcoming sequel's new engine, in addition to new Achievements/Trophies, unique rewards, and weapons from the previous title. Those that don't get the LE will be able to buy Karkand "approximately one month after the game's release."

While these details aren't confirmed, they certainly fall in line with EA's many other "Project Ten Dollar" offerings. We're bound to find out exactly what EA has planned for the LE in "late February," according to the EA Store.

Rumor: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition to include 'Back to Karkand' DLC | Joystiq

----------

Damn it, game ain't even out and plans for DLC. Sh1t.

Arre India always gets limited edition of any game that has limited edition on pc :p ... that also for cheap price :p

Scorpy said:
Arre India always gets limited edition of any game that has limited edition on pc :p ... that also for cheap price :p
yup :devil2:

all i am praying is that this game gets indian servers....... would love to play this game with <50 pings...........:D

Aman27deep said:
No idea. BC1 had no SP, BC2 did, this is after BF2, i think it might.
BF2 has only multiplayer no single player. So i think bf3 will also have no sp.

It does have both sp and mp dude! Ea guys are going full force ahead to tackle modern shitware 29 :p

The official website of bf3 states:-

One moment you may be marching down a hilltop listening to the hypnotic sound of a firefight in the distance or admiring the way the light reflects off the smoke plumes of ground to air missiles rising from the city you’re about to engage. The next you’re on an urban street, surrounded, claustrophobic, fighting for your life and looking eight ways at once with all your senses on high alert, chilled at the knowledge that the building you’re hiding behind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Welcome to Battlefield 3.

Epic

jojothedragon said:
^ Thats because it wasn't DICE all the way. :D
Yep but Panvirgo said EA and not dice.

There are only 4 EA subsidiaries i love.

Dice
Criterion
Bioware <3 <3
& Ea Sports FIFA section.

So end of the day, are we going to get this on SP too..?

BC2 payed lip service to SP, their campaign was meh. I wonder if anyone bought it for the SP. If they include a decent SP well and good, but bring on the kickass MP :D

^^

I did. And found it satisfactory and enjoyable. Hardly play MP.

asingh said:
^^

I did. And found it satisfactory and enjoyable. Hardly play MP.
The SP was very boring, but the freaking awesome MP compensates for it <3

Back