Graphic Cards Basic Graphic Card for use with Bluestacks

If supposed I upgrade after 6-12 month to Ryzen 2400G or i5-8400, than will this GT710 good or GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 will be more useful at that time

In case of Ryzen upgrade, both GT710 and 1030 will not be much of use because processor itself has better performance. For i5-8400, GT 1030 would be little bit more useful than GT 710. But again, basing your current purchase on future upgrade which are not very certain, is not a good idea IMO.

for i3 - 6th Generation which will be good (as after year I may land my Graphic Card to my Nephew who is using same system and I don't think he may wish to update for 3-4 more years)
Again GT 1030 would perform better but what usage ?

About PCI-e 4, I'm sure that they will bring those to their high end mobos which costs like 30k minimum.
From what I read PCIe 4.0 doesn't differ much in terms of wiring from PCIe 3.0 .HardwareCanucks was even saying that PCIe 4.0 might be enabled for older motherboards(depending on manufacturer goodwill though) as well albeit for the first x16 slot only as the PCB level wire tracing in excess of 6 inches might be an issue in older mobos.

As for newer B550/X570 chipsets I think it will be the standard across all price ranges. PCIe 4.0 won't make much of a difference in gaming as current RTX 2080Tis barely scratch the boundaries of PCIe 3.0. However this will enable faster or a larger number of nVME drives as PCIex4 3.0 has similar bandwidth as PCIex2 4.0

About PCI-e 4, I'm sure that they will bring those to their high end mobos which costs like 30k minimum.

oh ... too much

I think it will be wise to buy Basic 710 card upto 3k is good as of now..

Thank you, @vyral_143 and @Marcus Fenix, for help :)[DOUBLEPOST=1548073638][/DOUBLEPOST]Hello, @vyral_143 and @Marcus Fenix,

my dealer quote me 3300/- for MSI R7 240, is it good to buy over GT 710 ?

BOTH are 2GB DDR3

Last edited:
oh ... too much

I think it will be wise to buy Basic 710 card upto 3k is good as of now..

Thank you, @vyral_143 and @Marcus Fenix, for help :)[DOUBLEPOST=1548073638][/DOUBLEPOST]Hello, @vyral_143 and @Marcus Fenix,

BOTH are 2GB DDR3
The AMD R7 240 is a higher performance part compared to GT710
https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/...eon-R7-240-vs-GeForce-GT-710/3477vs2713vs2910

However the OpenGL support is 4.5 in nvidia vs 4.4 in case of AMD.

Keeping in mind that you need OpenGL ES 2.0 I guess you're okay with both

https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014581811-System-requirements-for-BlueStacks-4

I guess you should be covered on that front. At the end of the day you're emulating mobile hardware.

i5-2400 is not a slouch for day to day computing although its 7 generations old now.
However mobile device evolution happened at a much faster pace compared to PC. Think of comparing Galaxy S2 from 2011 and a S10 which will come out in 3-4 months now.

Only problem with older stuff is support for some of these APIs which might not be a very big hindrance for day to day usage but drastic for a niche use case like yours.

But then again don't expect to run the R7 240 for 7 years.

Hello, @vyral_143 and @Marcus Fenix,

BOTH are 2GB DDR3

As quoted above, R7 240 is better buy.

Sorry for dumbo question...

does it mean if my App (bluestack etc.) requires OpenGL 4.5 in such condition the MSI R7 240 card will be no use for me?

IMO, it would take some time to reach there. For now, you should be okay with this card. On a very general thumb rule, life of electronics is about 3 years. Anything after that is bonus for you. So you are good to go. And again, these are not very expensive decision to make given current situation. Good luck!

Hello friends,
I just bought (NEW) MSI R7 240 Graphic card and installed but getting following.....

IMG-20190124-WA0033.jpg

any help

Thank you

Do you got vga or dvi port on your monitor? Check on them.[DOUBLEPOST=1548323291][/DOUBLEPOST]Do you got vga or dvi port on your monitor? Check on them.

Do you got vga or dvi port on your monitor? Check on them.[DOUBLEPOST=1548323291][/DOUBLEPOST]Do you got vga or dvi port on your monitor? Check on them.

No VGA Port on Monitor.

HDMI & DVI.

HDMI = checked (working with issue with graphic card installed, if no graphic card installed than no issue)[DOUBLEPOST=1548326509][/DOUBLEPOST]@nRiTeCh

is this card specifically made for AMD? as I have Intel System?

Last edited:
The GPUs are CPU agnostic. Intel compatibility with AMD/nvidia GPU is not the issue.
https://www.amd.com/en/support

Install the drivers for the GPU and then try with the HDMI cable.
upload_2019-1-24_16-25-39.png

TBH the internal GPU(i.e. the motherboard HDMI port) shouldn't be working if a discrete GPU is detected.

And one other thing I have forgotten to ever suggest in TE for a long time(But seems like a good time now :) )
-If you have a discrete GPU installed then the display cable(HDMI/VGA/DP/DVI etc.) needs to be connected to the GPU output and not to the mobo.

Last edited:
@Marcus Fenix

I following step are correct:-

1] Remove Graphic Card
2] Uninstalled previous all Driver/Software related to R7 240
3] Restart PC
4] Install Graphic Card
5] Install MSI Driver for R7 240 [Driver from MSI Website]
6] Install AMD Driver for R7 240[DOUBLEPOST=1548327991][/DOUBLEPOST]

Shall I follow above step by step?

Last edited:
@Marcus Fenix

I following step are correct:-

1] Remove Graphic Card
For this step use this application-
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
I had similar issues when I changed from a GTX 1070 to a RTX2080 and this application was recommended to me on TE. Worked like a charm.

3] Restart PC
4] Install Graphic Card
6] Install AMD Driver for R7 240
MSI drivers on the DVD might be outdated. Install latest drivers from AMD website.
[DOUBLEPOST=1548327991][/DOUBLEPOST]

1] Remove Graphic Card
3] Restart PC
4] Install Graphic Card
5] Install MSI Driver for R7 240 [Driver from MSI Website]
6] Install AMD Driver for R7 240[/QUOTE
No need to download anything from MSI.
If problem is still not solved then you try this GPU in someone else's computer

Problem not solved even with other's system too, hence send back to seller... he will check at his place and will reply in two days.... bad luck with FIRST EVER graphic card....

Problem not solved even with other's system too, hence send back to seller... he will check at his place and will reply in two days.... bad luck with FIRST EVER graphic card....
Jeez. Tough luck buddy. If I apply my Indian ch***ya brain seems to me the seller knew this and hence he tried to pawn it off to you. But anyways you should get a new card as this one was DOA.

Back