Budget 90k+ AZOM SYSTEMS - Exigo or MSI ?

n1tesh

Disciple
  • What's your Budget? 1L Max
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Work - Virtualization, can run 4 vms at a time smoothly.
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? 15.6"
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? MSI
I'm planning to buy GE60 2QE Apache Pro OR GP60 2QF Leopard Pro But while searching I came across AZOM SYSTEM - Exigo. I can get the same or better config for less price from them but confused as it is new company and haven't heard about them earlier. Did some research and was quite happy with the price and config they provide according our req. They uses Clevo barebones and their laptops are UPGRADABLE .
Have you guys heard about them ? Is going for Exigo a better option or I should stick with MSI ?

If MSI then help me choose between this config. I'm not a huge fan of gaming, maybe once in a while I will play GTA-V :p

Specifications which I got from dealer:

GE60 2QE Apache Pro (GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5) w/ backlight multi color KB
Rs. 1,05,000
15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare (1920*1080) eDP Wide View Angle (L)
nVidia Geforce GTX 960M, 2GB GDDR5
Intel Shark Bay HM86
Sharkbay i7-4720HQ+HM86
DDR III 8GB
1TB (SATA) 7200rpm
Super Multi
Intel 3160 Wilkins Peak 1 (1x1 802.11 ac)+BT4.0
Win8.1 Single Language (emerging market)
6 cell (16GX)
gaming bag
2 Year Warranty Term for Gaming

GP60 2QF Leopard Pro (GTX 950M 2GB DDR3)
Rs. 85,000
15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare (1920*1080) eDP
nVidia Geforce GTX 950M, 2GB DDR3
Intel Shark Bay HM86
Sharkbay i7-4720HQ+HM86
DDR III 8GB
1TB (SATA)
Super Multi
Intel 3160 Wilkins Peak 1 (1x1 802.11 ac)+BT4.0
Win8.1 Single Language (emerging market)
6 cell (16GX)
gaming bag
2 Year Warranty Term for Gaming

Last edited:
@gunnerwholelife @tommy_vercetti @koolcoolkg

Quote received from them

Laptop - Exigo
Display - 15.6” Full-HD 1920x1080 16:9 Matte (anti-glare)
CPU - Intel Haswell i7 4710MQ 4C 8T 6MB 2.5-3.5 GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GTX 970M 6GB GDDR5
RAM - Patriot Viper 2x8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Wireless - Intel Wireless-AC 7260 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0
Sound - Onkyo 2xspeaker, 1xsubwoofer, Sound Blaster X-FI MB3
Card Reader - 9-in-1 MMC/SD/MS
Storage - SATA 1TB 7200rpm HDD
Optical - DVD RW
Keyboard - Backlit
Camera - 2 MP HD
Battery - 8 cell

Operating System - Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit

Price - 1,01,900/- plus tax @5% VAT (includes custom laser etching)
Warranty - 1 year

6gb of GFX is too much for me but its the only GFX available with them ATM.

Azom definitely have the cheapest laptop with GTX 970M in India, Alienware 15 costs 1.28 lakhs for GTX 970M with 8gb ram and 1tb HDD.

Azom definitely have the cheapest laptop with GTX 970M in India, Alienware 15 costs 1.28 lakhs for GTX 970M with 8gb ram and 1tb HDD.

Yeah but they don't have 2gb GFX available with them. For me that 6gb is complete waste as I won't be gaming so planning to go for MSI(85k model) which has a better CPU than AZOM.
Also I can trust MSI and it comes with 2 yrs warranty but Azom is complete new to everyone so buying that is bit risky.
Will try to negotiate till 1L (Inc. taxes), if they are happy with it then I will go for AZOM.

Yeah but they don't have 2gb GFX available with them. For me that 6gb is complete waste as I won't be gaming so planning to go for MSI(85k model) which has a better CPU than AZOM.
Also I can trust MSI and it comes with 2 yrs warranty but Azom is complete new to everyone so buying that is bit risky.
Will try to negotiate till 1L (Inc. taxes), if they are happy with it then I will go for AZOM.

You are forgetting the most important part, MSI comes with CPU and GPU soldered onto the motherboard, if anything conks out, you will have to replace the entire motherboard which costs nearly as much as a new laptop. With Clevo you can just replace the CPU or GPU if anything happens, Also i have experienced terrible service from MSI in the past, the laptop keyboard was damaged and i was ready to pay for it but MSI was not able to source the part for a 2 year old laptop, Atleast with Clevo barebones you can source the part from these guys or yourself if need be.

And who says no to GTX 970M, can be used to play GTA 5 or any future game which you may like :)
This way you will be future-proof in terms of graphics performance too.

Actually, i dont think you'll get after service with Azom, albeit cheaper than MSI. If you decide to go for MSI as your preferred choice, please visit MSI India Notebook (https://www.facebook.com/MsiIndiaClub) for more info.

You are forgetting the most important part, MSI comes with CPU and GPU soldered onto the motherboard, if anything conks out, you will have to replace the entire motherboard which costs nearly as much as a new laptop. With Clevo you can just replace the CPU or GPU if anything happens, Also i have experienced terrible service from MSI in the past, the laptop keyboard was damaged and i was ready to pay for it but MSI was not able to source the part for a 2 year old laptop, Atleast with Clevo barebones you can source the part from these guys or yourself if need be.

And who says no to GTX 970M, can be used to play GTA 5 or any future game which you may like :)
This way you will be future-proof in terms of graphics performance too.

Bought GE60 2QE Apache Pro for 1L with 16gb RAM. :)
Azom was actually a good deal but they needed 2 weeks for the laptop to built. I needed one within a week urgently. Also there is very few ppl who has bought it from India and NO actual reviews in any forum. I can trust Sager anytime but don't know what these ppl make over here. Its been 2yrs and still they are not growing so I doubt them.

Last edited:
Azom was actually a good deal but they needed 2 weeks for the laptop to built. I needed one within a week urgently. Also there is very few ppl who has bought it from India and NO actual reviews in any forum. I can trust Sager anytime but don't know what these ppl make over here. Its been 2yrs and still they are not growing so I doubt them.

You made the right decision after all! So many buzz in forums for Azom cheap price but no one really bought in!

Congrats on your new laptop, i can understand your urgency, Clevo build usually takes 2-4 weeks in USA too, so that is standard time. There are customer reviews for Azom Exigo online, it is obvious that they have low sales number compared to the giants, the enthusiast market in India is very small and even amongst that most of them buy an Alienware and call it a day.

You made the right decision after all! So many buzz in forums for Azom cheap price but no one really bought in!

Very classless comment, you are a MSI Sales representative and you should stick to suggesting model names, prices and providing customer service for MSI but you should refrain from making false and baseless comments against another company, that too a small Indian company which pose no threat to you. People have bought Azom Exigo laptops in the past, check out Digit forums, i will give some links with laptop photos too:

http://www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/189493-mobile-workstation-needed-6.html

http://azom-systems.tumblr.com/

@RS4
I would had gone for Azom if they had 2gb gfx available.
They have only 1 GFX available with them ATM and to get 2gb model I had to wait for at least a month min.
They has very limited stock. We can't actually customize, we get what they have in stock at that moment.

BTW MSI is not bad at all. I'm not regretting with my decision. Its AWESOME!

@RS4
They have only 1 GFX available with them ATM and to get 2gb model I had to wait for at least a month min.
They has very limited stock. We can't actually customize, we get what they have in stock at that moment.

Knock knock

One guy on digit got GTX 970 6GB for 101900/- much cheaper than ur MSI.

@RS4

Yeah, I understood, you don't game much and needed the laptop fast, so it was a good choice in the end. Enjoy your new laptop :)

[QUOTE="Very classless comment, you are a MSI Sales representative and you should stick to suggesting model names, prices and providing customer service for MSI but you should refrain from making false and baseless comments against another company, that too a small Indian company which pose no threat to you. People have bought Azom Exigo laptops in the past, check out Digit forums, i will give some links with laptop photos too:

http://www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/189493-mobile-workstation-needed-6.html

http://azom-systems.tumblr.com/[/QUOTE]

Cool there now. If the statement made you feel uncomfortable, sorry for this.

ok, bumping the thread after 1.5 years... how many years extended warranty should I go with for azom systems? should I spend the additional 15k in the warranty or the components? if they are building great laptops, then I can stick to 1 year warranty... Usage animation, video editing. zero gaming

Last edited:
ok, bumping the thread after 1.5 years... how many years extended warranty should I go with? should I spend the additional 15k in the warranty or the components? if they are building great laptops, then I can stick to 1 year warranty... Usage animation, video editing. zero gaming

I do not know about laptops in particular, but I would definitely NOT recommend MSI. After the support I received from them after having bought a motherboard for almost 30K. Pouring money on them might not be the best of ideas. It took me two months to get the board back, and even when I did, all they gave me was an old looking refurbished motherboard. [X99 SLI Plus]

The board that I gave them was pristine, but came back looking as if they put it under a lawnmower. I do not know if people had better experiences with the laptops, but I highly doubt it!

Back