Automatic washing machine - Rs.20-25,000 : purchased LG 8067TEELR

₹22,400 was Vijay Sales' listed price.
22400 with discount? Even where i bought it was the same MRP23490, Best price 22390
But since the last time i bought an refrigerator from that same guy, he knows i came after doing an research on prices, so he directly offered me online prices. :D

I asked him for best price 32LB550A, he said 23500(mrp27990), after i asked for discount he came down to 22500. I am sure i can bargain more.

I visited showroom today for measuring drum size. Following is result, figures in inches.
Current LG Semi-Automatic > Height 14 and Diameter 16. So effective volume is 896*Pi

LG 6Kg Front Loader DD (best quote ₹30,500) > Depth 9 and Diameter 16. So volumes is 576 * Pi

Siemens 7Kg iQ300 (listed price ₹33,000) > Depth 11 and diameter 18 hence volume is 891 * Pi

Also I had noted listed price for LG T8067TEELR, 7Kg Top loader, last week which was ₹24,00. Today this model was not available on display. Hence I measured drum of 6.5Kg in same category which measures same as my current machine. Hence I can safely assume that 7Kg Top loader would be sufficient - drum size-wise. Hence if buying top loader, I will finalise on this one.

I would like to get opinion about Siemens model before jumping. LG 7Kg DD was almost ₹40,000, way out of my budget and was not available on display too.

^ looks like you have a good budget up to 30k. I was on tight budget of 18k, Extended a bit and finalised TEELR one. Its better than i expected, makes no noise during Rinse or Spin. Even the alarm is ear friendly.

I am settling on T8067TEELR - a 7Kg top loader. Apart from small drums in Front Loaders making deeper holes in pocket, my mother found it little odd/inconvenient type. Now set to get quote for it and make purchase of it along with TV and Oven.

so you regularly fill it completely to 14 inches and at times more ?

Not more than 14 inches. Regular load is up to 14 inches. By saying this I mean water + cloths up to 14 inches making sure that machine operates smoothly.

There are days when load is lesser than fill up like half capacity also.

How much showrooms are quoting? It was for 22,500[Final Best price] last i checked.

Listed price around 10-12 days back was ₹24,000. So their initial best price would be approx ₹22,100. By this weekend I would finalise on source of purchase. Delivery would be in staggered manner; washing machine by 20th and TV, Oven on 24th.

I have not measured/observed it with dry clothes [emoji53]
Can you do it the next time you load it up. That's your requirement right there.

Hence I can safely assume that 7Kg Top loader would be sufficient - drum size-wise. Hence if buying top loader, I will finalise on this one.
Don't assume anything, go to other shops that have a 7kg model and measure it.

I meant dry clothes. how high do you consider is a full load with your present top loader.
You seem to know much about Washing Machines - What to look Etc.

Can you please suggest few things, which we need to look in to before buying an washing machine excluding points such as the drum size, brand, warranty period, motor make, materials used and After Sales service ?
It would be very helpful for others. ;)

^^+1 :)

I got final quote of ₹22,500 from other retailer for 8067TEELR. His quote for TV (42LB5820) is ₹51,500.

I wonder if this '7kg' top loader has the same drum dimensions as your current semi-automatic with just a more powerful motor.

If the present one is ok then this is ok. If the present is too small, then you need something bigger.

Apart from small drums in Front Loaders making deeper holes in pocket, my mother found it little odd/inconvenient type.
Current LG Semi-Automatic > Height 14 and Diameter 16. So effective volume is 896*Pi
Siemens 7Kg iQ300 (listed price ₹33,000) > Depth 11 and diameter 18 hence volume is 891 * Pi
Volume is the similar. now you know what the equivalent front loader for your requirements is.

Front loader is not the same as top loader, a FL cleans better. If you need that you pay up.

your mother finding it odd is a more important reason. What people do is they match budget ignoring load then end up overloading and then complaining about repair costs.

@vyral_143 I built a 30" X 26" platform which is about 14" high for my IFB 8kg FL. Its very convenient to use now as one need not bend.
The stand/pedestal was built from solid teak wood and has 4"X4" pillars so that the thing is sturdy and does not give away under the machines vibrations. It all has worked out good and the vibrations are just like they would be on ground.
You can consider that if you are still open about a FL. I also now feel that buying a FL was the right decision thats why I went ahead and bought a bigger one for use back home.
For the TV I think Flipkart is better as it saves 1500 and add the exchange thing if you want you can use that.

@vyral_143 I built a 30" X 26" platform which is about 14" high for my IFB 8kg FL. Its very convenient to use now as one need not bend. The stand/pedestal was built from solid teak wood and has 4"X4" pillars so that the thing is sturdy and does not give away under the machines vibrations. It all has worked out good and the vibrations are just like they would be on ground.
Can you post some pictures ?

I also now feel that buying a FL was the right decision thats why I went ahead and bought a bigger one for use back home.
explain why you think it was the right decision ?

most people look at price and do not see other benefits.

Back