Audio audiophile speakers in India

PH0ENiX

Skilled
Hi guys, so I love music (country, Jazz, Pop) and have a pair of M50X (don't like them)

I have had some issues with my left ear including hearing loss in the past, I am fine now but plan to tone down on headphones and buy a pair of speakers.

Main reasons being After listening to speaker systems, they sound better to me than the M50X, heck I like the bass of a JBL flip over a neutral M50X.

And my family doesn't like me wearing a pair of headphones all day (the earcups are so warm and comfortable, also noise isolation)

I have around 10-20K budget, lower the better.

In U.S everyone recommends the JBL LSR305's and they are available for as low as 7K a peice, in India the lowest I could find one was for 16K on Amazon and 12K on a shady site known as Bhaleroenterprises.

Plus there are many Indian brands like f and d, Ahuja that I dunno anything about.

So anyone willing to guide me with a purchase here?

Last edited:
JBL LSR305 are the best in that price range. And they are available in India too. Yamaha HS 5/7 is also good but costly. KRK Rokit 5 are also good. If possible audiotion and take a call.

JBL LSR305 are the best in that price range. And they are available in India too. Yamaha HS 5/7 is also good but costly. KRK Rokit 5 are also good. If possible audiotion and take a call.

How would you rate these in comparison to the audioengine a2/a5 ?

Also look at the sonodyne active speakers.

Else get a good pair of B.S speakers (wharfedale diamond 220, wharf 10.1, boston a20/21, tannoys used, monitor audio used) and pair it with a class D amp (ard 5 k aliexpress) and ur seriously good to go.

Go for Swans they are best value for money. I've Swans M10 (7K) and my friend recently bought the newly launched Swans M200A (20K). Both are nice in their price range in my humble oppinion. I think that both M10 & M200A are good for your musical choice (Jazz, Rock, country etc.) Both are also good looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20170519_125543.jpg
    IMG_20170519_125543.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC_0857.JPG
    DSC_0857.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 294
According to GST report the the duty/vat/cst on Speakers will go upto 18% so now is a good time to buy before the law takes effect and prices go up.. $$$$

Stay away from studio monitors, they're the worst option for the genres you listen to, no wonder you didn't like the M50x either.

Stay away from studio monitors, they're the worst option for the genres you listen to, no wonder you didn't like the M50x either.

so what should I buy?

I tested some Bose speakers and headphones(qc25,35) today and despite all those hate comments from the internet, i prefer them over my m50x.

I listen to pop, country and jazz, next to no rock.

Bumping this thread, going to dubai next week, so I can buy from massdrop, still can't decide what to buy tho...

Budget bumped to 25-30K but again would like to keep it as low as possible,

Swans M10 is on my watchlist, but I was unable to find on any store near delhi, won't buy without a sound test or a lot of reviews /popularity.

Bumping this thread, going to dubai next week, so I can buy from massdrop, still can't decide what to buy tho...

Swans M10 is on my watchlist, but I was unable to find on any store near delhi, won't buy without a sound test or a lot of reviews /popularity.
Had ordered Swans M10 through Amazon to pair up with my Xonar Essence STX & Returned the next day [emoji26]
Its not like they ain't good, but way too underpowered.

Yeah, I've been suspecting M10 would be "feeble" for some people (like me)... I've got my eyes on the M50 though, in case I need to replace my dying MX5021 set any time soon. I have an old ASUS Xonar DX sound card.

If you are buying from massdrop, get the yamaha active BS from there.HS5 i believe.
They got some good edifier deals there too. A few weeks back the klipsch too was on sale.

I still feel a class D + a good bookshelf is the way to go.

Back