Asus India social media - not very social

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Been waiting to post this for a while now

I tweeted to @AsusIndia about a router issue I was having. To be clear, I was neither rude nor offensive.
Surprisingly within a few hours they blocked me.
asus twitter.png

Just to make sure it wasn't a random mistake, I asked a friend of mine to tweet about the Asus laptop he had just bought which was dead in less than a week. He even shared his service slip to prove it was a genuine case.
No response. (But at least he didn't get blocked :p)

So I was curious as to what Asus actually does with their twitter account, and I noticed a very peculiar pattern.
They've been openly bribing Tech bloggers :-
asusbribingbloggers.png

or retweeting some absurd pro-Asus posts :-
Asusretweetingidiots.png

I hope someone in Asus wakes up and realises how to properly use social media.

Pathetic behavior from a brand that is quite active in promoting their products in our country.

In a way brands get away with this because consumer protection laws are a pathetic mess in our country so unless compelled to take action, many brands just choose to ignore and have their warranty or tech support guys deal with things because they couldn't be arsed to have a proper back end coordination process set up

Pathetic behavior from a brand that is quite active in promoting their products in our country.

In a way brands get away with this because consumer protection laws are a pathetic mess in our country so unless compelled to take action, many brands just choose to ignore and have their warranty or tech support guys deal with things because they couldn't be arsed to have a proper back end coordination process set up
pretty much all laws in india like this. whether for real estate buyers, car buyers, hospitals, police laws, women safety laws, traffic laws, civic sense laws, company laws that harass employees, tax laws with no black money ever recovered. the cow law though seem good at protecting them i guess.

Just saw this.
The retweet for gifts "appreciation" is normal for the companies. Since it's PR for them and the people who got the stuff. Major hardware companies do it all the time or at least reply/like the tweet by the fans who got the products.
But not for the RT of pro-Asus posts and comments. The blocking thing is the one making me feel uneasy. I don't think that's legal.

Back