Applying to WIPRO Sucks!!!

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Since past some days I'm trying hard to apply for jobs on Wipro website its just throwing errors and errors.

Seems their HR team doesnt want anybody to work in their company and have listed the jobs for only some show-offs!! :rage:

I have /obtained/ received proper login information from Wipro upon successful candidate registration.
I'm able to login properly and update my candidate profile successfully on Wipro as well.

But whenever I try to apply to any job there, I'm unable to do so as I get the following errors:--

upload_2015-5-5_19-33-10.png

upload_2015-5-5_19-33-18.png

No matter even though I have a valid job code or I apply directly via their careers section after login in.:banghead:

Not expected from such cos. or may be its true for what public trashes about Wipro.:facepalm:

You know what sucks more? Working at Wipro. Their IT services wing operates no different from their soap factories.

While I myself don't have first hand experience, but based on the experiences I heard from sister and various other people, No sane person with a half decent skill set would stay more than an year (or at most 2 years) at this company.
My sister could not manage to cope with their idiocy for more than 6 months.

The height of it is that they expect the employees to entertain the visitors from their client company with their own money because apparently, it is their jobs on the line.

Yes I too agree as I also heard the same as to why wipro sucks.
But then I'm looking for a job desperately hence unfortunately have to look down at cos. like wipro, infosys and tcs as well.

Anyways all these cos. suck end of the day.

Infosys is a considerably better company compared to the likes of wipro. For the most part, they at least work like an aggressive IT services company should. Wipro's problems stem from the attitude of his management as well as its workforce.

Well I have heard weird stuff for Infosys as well.

TCS simply rejects your cv if your scores in ssc to pg etc. is below 50% - 55%. Now wtf they have to do with these scores rather than concentrating on candidates exposure, skills and overall work experience?

By the way have a look at this job posting.... :wacky: :woot:

Just read the notes sections...one hell of conditions.:wtf: :banghead:
As if they are threatening poor candidates and giving some supari or something... :hilarious:

upload_2015-5-8_18-5-48.png

Now how the hell any candidate will ever think of applying to jobs of this co.? :p :facepalm:

people usually leave their managers rather than their companies. I think in that sense, if you are working with a great team, I guess companies like wipro wont suck much I guess. just my 2 cents.

^^ I am afraid its not the case... Though I said that my sister worked at Wipro for 6 months, she not in fact apply for a job at Wipro at all. She was working with Satyam and assigned into a GSK project. When the Satyam fiasco happened and the fate of the company was uncertain, GSK moved their project to Wipro and as part of the agreements, they insisted that Wipro take in several of the good employees that were working on the project at Satyam. Wipro conducted a formal screening process for the suggested people and happily took them in for a higher salary and assigned them to the same project. So technically much of the team and the manager were the same as those that she worked with for 3 years at Satyam. Yet, Wipro's way of doing things managed to upset my sister enough that she left the company within 6 months.

Not only that, a few Wipro employees who were assigned to the project were also disillusioned after interacting with my sister. For instance one girl who had 8 years experience and despite being a good performer and all from technical skills standpoint, her naivety and utter lack of knowledge about the job market and deliberately imbibed sense of loyalty was being taken advantage at Wipro. Over the 8 years she worked at Wipro, her annual salary increased by a minuscule amount from 2 Lac odd to 3.3 Lac. My sister who has just a little over 4 years experience at the time was offered 6 Lac by Wipro. After being disillusioned, this girl and few others as well left Wipro for good. After she joined Infy, a few ex-wipro people there told her during some discussion that wipro had even handed out Rs 2000 annual increment to some of them. This was second only to Patni which apparently even handed out Rs 250 annual increments to a few people.

So, yes, its not just the reporting manager that matters, Often the overall company philosophy and work culture and the way they reward work do matter.

Agreed. Even if managers suck we can shift projects but when the whole co. itself is shit then even the god-godess manager will be helpless!

Moral - well research about the co. before applying else spoil your career and be stuck in some wrong gear.

Well resigning and exiting is just as harrowing. With the 90 day clause.

Though, I wonder why companies ask for so much documentation upon joining. Do we Indians do this much fraud....? What Teamware Solutions is asking, is impossible. I know some companies which just ask for last employee details. Salary slip (last) and a relieving letter. And seeing academic credentials (percentage) holds no value after some years of experience. It should not be a disqualification standard, per say. It is weird.

Lol. As I mentioned TCS only entertain candidates who score min 50-55% throughout academy no matter even of you are a ceo of any Co. Coz they say it reflects a cos. image.
Now wtf image tcs or teamware is showing?

After she joined Infy, a few ex-wipro people there told her during some discussion that wipro had even handed out Rs 2000 annual increment to some of them. This was second only to Patni which apparently even handed out Rs 250 annual increments to a few people.

So, yes, its not just the reporting manager that matters, Often the overall company philosophy and work culture and the way they reward work do matter.

That is shockingly unbelievable. I always thought IT firms were the more lucrative option. I have primarily been associated with management consulting for the past 6-7 years, prior to that 7 years with ITeS; so might be spaced-out regarding the norms....! Why give a RS. 250 increment. Or even 2K. Might as well not even give it, it is at least not offensive. What about bonus..? How do these stalwarts handle that..? I agree to your last point. In my 14 years of experience, I have only changed three companies. With the third company (again management consulting) coming my way last week. So, technically I was employed with two companies over a period ~13-14 years. The culture and the R&R ideology matter a lot. Of course remuneration is there. But at times I see, people who have hopped (or jumped ship) more than me, are higher up the hierarchy and earn more..! :) It is what one is satisfied with, and feel they are being compensated (read: rewarded), in a fair-and-just manner. Patni and Wipro sound gross and vile, from the people management vector.[DOUBLEPOST=1431177771][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol. As I mentioned TCS only entertain candidates who score min 50-55% throughout academy no matter even of you are a ceo of any Co. Coz they say it reflects a cos. image.
Now wtf image tcs or teamware is showing?

Ya, it is called..Company DNA these days. Like how many firms prefer to hire: IIM/ISB/XLRI (alphabetical) pass outs, only.

Though, I wonder why companies ask for so much documentation upon joining. Do we Indians do this much fraud....?

Yes, Indians indulge in an excessive amount of fraud and not just for getting the jobs with higher salaries using fake experience, but also afterwards while on the job which is why this demand for documentation and independent background checks has become a necessity for companies. Even after all the documentation and background checks by services companies , It has also become a very a common practice for client companies to do their own background check of the people being assigned to their projects because often the Indian services companies themselves have indulged in fraud to bloat the billing by bloating the experience level of the people assigned.

Even in US, companies rarely offer permanent positions to Indians these days due to this. Its usually a 2~5 year contract which will be further extended. This acts sort of like the probation periods in Indian companies Some companies there do background check exclusively for Indians. When my sister got a permanent position in US, before joining the they asked if they can do a background verification explaining that they do it for hires of Indian origin since they have track record of fraud form Indian candidates.

Each company in India or US have their own policies regarding verification. Bank of America gets background verification done by 3 independent sources while hiring in India. This is because those verification companies are also usually Indian and they don't trust a single one to give a reliable report.

Wipro too gets background verification done by an independent service. This report usually comes to them anywhere from 2 to 6 months after the employee would have joined. They not only terminate the employee if any discrepancies are found, but they also file a police complaint to recover monetary damages. That is why people who have used fake experience anytime during their career don't usually dare go to companies like Wipro.

Back