iOS Apple denying warranty for ipad pro smart keyboard

adventureguy

Skilled
I bought an keyboard as gift for friend last year in october from Aptronix (official reseller of Apple in india). It was malfunctioning since last month. Went to apple service center and the serial number on keyboard is not visible due to usage. No big deal, they ask me to submit original bill. So I went to aptronix and got the bill and submitted the keyboard for warranty. Today got the call that warranty is denied because the bill doesn't contain serial number.

But I confirmed with aptronix that they don't print serial number of products on bill for accessories. Had an 1 hour call with apple "supervisor" who finally asked me why didn't keep the box with me. What a retarded suggestion. I asked him whats the use of apple ID and all if they want customers to keep their boxes safe.

Now Im at my wits end what to do. I spent 15.5k on this ****ing keyboard and it doesnt even work. Apple guy says we need serial number on bill. Aptronix says they don't print serial number on bill and even showed me a sale they made this very day which don't mention any serial number. These damn accessories also don't show up in "My devices" section in apple ID account. Only macbook pro and iphone X of my friends appear there.

What the duck should I do? There's only one month more warranty left.

And I'm not the only one with this same problem.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8165346
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7602344

I am not sure whom to blame, Apple Service requires some validation for claiming warranty right? Generally, they will use the serial number to do the same. Now, it is upto you to prove that this is under warranty

Check if you can extract serial number somehow (either by getting a box or ask aptronix to provide a bill with serial number or at least to send an email with that serial number. I am sure they will have it in their system)

Yes, **** me because their shitty product destroys serial number after few months of normal usage. And yes,also ,I 'm to blame if their accessories don't show up in " my products page". And also yes, its my fault I don't keep the box after purchasing. What's the use of apple ID then?

Anyhow since apple is saying serial number will show up in bill and aptronix guy is saying it doesn't, I offered to keep both of them in conference call and let them sort it out who's right and who's wrong. Apple guy relented and said he'll call aptronix personally and will call me tonite. Let's see what drama will happen tonight.

Yes, **** me because their shitty product destroys serial number after few months of normal usage. And yes,also ,I 'm to blame if their accessories don't show up in " my products page". And also yes, its my fault I don't keep the box after purchasing. What's the use of apple ID then?

Anyhow since apple is saying serial number will show up in bill and aptronix guy is saying it doesn't, I offered to keep both of them in conference call and let them sort it out who's right and who's wrong. Apple guy relented and said he'll call aptronix personally and will call me tonite. Let's see what drama will happen tonight.
Yes, good approach. Hopefully it will be solved

I bought an keyboard as gift for friend last year in october from Aptronix (official reseller of Apple in india). It was malfunctioning since last month. Went to apple service center and the serial number on keyboard is not visible due to usage. No big deal, they ask me to submit original bill. So I went to aptronix and got the bill and submitted the keyboard for warranty. Today got the call that warranty is denied because the bill doesn't contain serial number.

But I confirmed with aptronix that they don't print serial number of products on bill for accessories. Had an 1 hour call with apple "supervisor" who finally asked me why didn't keep the box with me. What a retarded suggestion. I asked him whats the use of apple ID and all if they want customers to keep their boxes safe.

Now Im at my wits end what to do. I spent 15.5k on this ****ing keyboard and it doesnt even work. Apple guy says we need serial number on bill. Aptronix says they don't print serial number on bill and even showed me a sale they made this very day which don't mention any serial number. These damn accessories also don't show up in "My devices" section in apple ID account. Only macbook pro and iphone X of my friends appear there.

What the duck should I do? There's only one month more warranty left.

And I'm not the only one with this same problem.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8165346
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7602344
If you have some payment proof of same amount like if you paid via card etc, that could help validate. Rest it seems like a shit show. Take a pic of the serial number next time for all devices.

If you have some payment proof of same amount like if you paid via card etc, that could help validate. Rest it seems like a shit show. Take a pic of the serial number next time for all devices.
I went to aptronix and got a duplicate bill. Serial number isn't mentioned on it. But apple guy says serial number is mentioned on it. Thats the meat of the whole issue.

Those two liars lying to each other and making you look fool?

When Apple contacted that store personally, didn't they both got a clear idea about one not printing serial on bills while other requiring serial to proceed??

Those two liars lying to each other and making you look fool?

When Apple contacted that store personally, didn't they both got a clear idea about one not printing serial on bills while other requiring serial to proceed??
I don't know what happened between those two. But apple said they'll call me today evening. Guess who didn't call me this evening

Yes, **** me because their shitty product destroys serial number after few months of normal usage.

They have been known to actively design products to enable them to deny service in a good number of cases. They have done the same for liquid contact detection in iPhone and Mac Books too and have even been sued (class action) for deliberate use of faulty water contact detection strips to deny service.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/20/liquid_contact_indicator_lawsuit/

Several years ago, a bunch of Mac Book Pro's that my earlier company bought started having two sets of problems within 1 to 1.5 years. One was the battery bloating to double the size and the whole laptop bulging out and the second was logic board frying out. They tried to deny service after first few cases stating that the problems are because we were using them too heavily (8-10 hours). They even told that Hibernation should not be used and that these machines should be shutdown after use.

They have been known to actively design products to enable them to deny service in a good number of cases. They have done the same for liquid contact detection in iPhone and Mac Books too and have even been sued (class action) for deliberate use of faulty water contact detection strips to deny service.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/20/liquid_contact_indicator_lawsuit/

Several years ago, a bunch of Mac Book Pro's that my earlier company bought started having two sets of problems within 1 to 1.5 years. One was the battery bloating to double the size and the whole laptop bulging out and the second was logic board frying out. They tried to deny service after first few cases stating that the problems are because we were using them too heavily (8-10 hours). They even told that Hibernation should not be used and that these machines should be shutdown after use.
Lol what a joke! Now shall we learn from them how to use laptops! If their laptops doesnt support hibernation or longer usage then hell with their shitty show off costly crap products. People will better invest in a cheap iball tab and keep it on charge 24x7.

Several years ago, a bunch of Mac Book Pro's that my earlier company bought started having two sets of problems within 1 to 1.5 years. One was the battery bloating to double the size and the whole laptop bulging out .
In the good old days Laptops, power banks where using 18650 cells which don't buldge, since the cells have a vent holes. But now days in an effort to get thinner laptops we are seeing these pouch cells. I still have a 1999 Intel PIII laptop from Compaq which has 6 Sony 18650 cells and they haven't bloated, (they of course lost the ability to retain charge not more then 5min)

Lithium pouch cells even if they have slight manufacturing inconsistency, will cause them to bulge. The reason why Tesla and the power tool industry use 18650 or the newer 21700 cells are because they are tougher.

Don't get me wrong, my friend is an artist and I know how much of a clusterfuck windows is compared to macOS for professionals. But we pay 50% more than apple USA but yet we don't even get 10% of after sales service apple USA gets.

My friends' apple pencil failed and they took one month to rectify. Iphone x face ID was not working and again they took another month to rectify that. Now this. At this point, service center people know us on first name basis.

Service center is always crowded and I saw many people turned away for trivial reasons.. Oh! you dont have original bill. Oh, serial number is not visible. Oh, your home wifi is ****ed, its not apple fault. Even though one persons' macbook was not connecting to service center wifi itself.[DOUBLEPOST=1537608205][/DOUBLEPOST]apple called yesterday and asked for few more days. sigh

Last edited:
Apple Mac's being used for professional work is long back in the past. They have long since stopped caring about professional users. Many pro users in the creative/publishing industry have already switched to windows, I know enterprises that made the switch to windows machines nearly 8-10 years ago.

As for after sales service, there are a lot of shenanigans that apple pulls. Like rigging the products to fail after the warranty ends and then charging a premium or repairs and going out of their way to prevent thirty party repairs so that customer would rather spend another $2000 to get a new product.

Last edited:
Have highlighted this many times yet again..

I myself been apple Indias ex-employee I already know their horrifying service and internal part switches and putting the bill on either of those customers for literally no mistakes of them.
They would plug-in normal transcend rams and would charge double stating as apple ram. One customer was so pro that he was shocked to see such regular rams being used and been charged double over box mrp. We were ashamed and blue faced then.

These damn accessories also don't show up in "My devices" section in apple ID account. Only macbook pro and iphone X of my friends appear there.
Obvious question is why isn't it in there if it is an apple product ? i don't understand this bit

Serial# or not if you purchased it on the same Apple ID then it should be there isn't it.

^ accessories like apple keyboard/ trackpad/ airmouse don't appear in this section.

btw apple called and they said they're escalating the issue and will get back to me in few more days -_-

LOL get rid of your crapple products. They are nothing but trouble. I'm amazed people still get fooled by them and buy their $hite.

Back