Apple announced iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C

I am hoping to see some serious price drops for the iPhone 4 and 4S in India. Wondering what will happen to the iPhone 4, 7000 Rs minimum discount scheme and all.

I am hoping to see some serious price drops for the iPhone 4 and 4S in India. Wondering what will happen to the iPhone 4, 7000 Rs minimum discount scheme and all.
I guess 4s will still work like a charm on ios 7
Its still one of the best build Phones,solid and fast in performance
Only drawback will be the battery Life on ios 7

Atrix 4G was the first phone to have the fingerprint scanner! And HTC One Max which will be launched before year end is rumored to have one. It's like saying, Apple copied best photo, burst mode, panorama, pixel technology from nokia, samsung, htc etc

You get really worked up with anything apple right ?
You see in the mobile space it is Apple and Samsung which are always at loggerheads so that is the reason i specifically mentioned samsung. I wasn't aware about the phones which had fingerprint scanner before. Moreover i never said Apple is first to introduce the same.
But the fact that artix and all have it before but has never been in limelight for that shows that the feature was probably not working as expected or not popular.
But if manufacturers like Apple and Samsung put these stuff in their devices they gain popularity.
Android rocks, apple sucks ok ?
Just use the device which one feels works for them and be happy with it.

Last edited:
You get really worked up with anything apple right ?
You see in the mobile space it is Apple and Samsung which are always at loggerheads so that is the reason i specifically mentioned samsung. I wasn't aware about the phones which had fingerprint scanner before. Moreover i never said Apple is first to introduce the same.
But the fact that artix and all have it before but has never been in limelight for that shows that the feature was probably not working as expected or not popular.
But if manufacturers like Apple and Samsung put these stuff in their devices they gain popularity.
In fact it's you who seem to be pretty vocal about Samsung copying apple. When Apple copies something I don't see you taking potshots. Whatever takes you through the day... And yes Apple sucks.

Last edited:
Atrix 4G was the first phone to have the fingerprint scanner! And HTC One Max which will be launched before year end is rumored to have one. It's like saying, Apple copied best photo, burst mode, panorama, pixel technology from nokia, samsung, htc etc
So? Apple bought the company (AuthenTec) that provided fingerprint scanning technology to Atrix 4G. It's not blatant copying; they bought the company and kept the employees who worked on the technology to develop it further.

Samsung on the other hand... they're just too big in the copying game to even start a debate. They innovate in some categories such as screens and mnaufacturing, but most of their designed products are copies of other famous products.

Apple will integrate fingerprint scanning in future MacBooks too I guess; which is a plus.

So? Apple bought the company (AuthenTec) that provided fingerprint scanning technology to Atrix 4G. It's not blatant copying; they bought the company and kept the employees who worked on the technology to develop it further.

Samsung on the other hand... they're just too big in the copying game to even start a debate. They innovate in some categories such as screens and mnaufacturing, but most of their designed products are copies of other famous products.

Apple will integrate fingerprint scanning in future MacBooks too I guess; which is a plus.
Apple is equally guilty of copying others. So if Samsung introduces fingerprint scanning to it's phone, it is copying???

I would on the other hand appreciate if all these manufacturers would concentrate on making reasonable size phone with excellent battery life, may be some sort of new battery technology should come which provides days of heavy usage and such.
And this fingerprint thing is yet to be seen even in Apple how well it performs. Should not become a gimmicky feature at the end and should actually work as advertised. Only reviews and opinions will tell. Important thing would be to add a feature and ensure it works properly rather than just cramming the phone with things which are half baked.

It was popular and worked fantastically well. Only thing is that other brands dont indulge in over the top advertising of the features as if every single feature is capable of carrying the phone through till the next generation of the phone arrives.

On apple's part, they optimize things in general to a very good degree and hence the whole line up of features get a solid backing of a stubborn brand by which the customers swear. Add the exclusive ecosystem for effect and then you have the extra gloss to the features.

Atrix got the technology introduced on the phones first, and that is all what counts.
Whether it was micromax or lava which had purchased authentec by all means, a second phone to bring out the technology will be second. Apple plays the whole game with a good set of parameters and ofc when things blow in its face, they dont accept their follies.

People can say its copying motorola and it ll be a valid statement. Just by getting a company under their belt doesnt means the 'copy' thing will go away.

PS: I am not saying apple copied it. It's a feature and any phone can get it. But if the statement is thrown against apple, they cant deny it, they have been doing the same since years.

And this fingerprint thing is yet to be seen even in Apple how well it performs. Should not become a gimmicky feature at the end and should actually work as advertised. Only reviews and opinions will tell. Important thing would be to add a feature and ensure it works properly rather than just cramming the phone with things which are half baked.

Apple will def make it work. They cant afford to not prop up every single feature which they are introducing at this time. With jobs gone, and after purchasing authentec.. they really dont have the luxury to let it go waste.

Last edited:
Since when is the 5C an upgrade to the 5? It is the same phone. It is meant to be the same phone with a different look. The only internal difference is the better battery and improved front facing camera.
That was sarcasm. It meant the exact same thing as what you said.

Atrix got the technology introduced on the phones first, and that is all what counts.
Whether it was micromax or lava which had purchased authentec by all means, a second phone to bring out the technology will be second. Apple plays the whole game with a good set of parameters and ofc when things blow in its face, they dont accept their follies.
I never said that they were first.

People can say its copying motorola and it ll be a valid statement. Just by getting a company under their belt doesnt means the 'copy' thing will go away.

Motorola copied AuthenTec then? It's just an application of technology, and every company will get it in the future. Moto did it first, Apple next, and so on...

PS: I am not saying apple copied it. It's a feature and any phone can get it. But if the statement is thrown against apple, they cant deny it, they have been doing the same since years.
Yep, their behaviour can rub some people in a bad way. But that is not Apple's problem; they can choose whoever they want to be. And we can all judge them in our own unique ways based on that. That's it.

I never said that they were first.

I never accused you of the same.

Motorola copied AuthenTec then? It's just an application of technology, and every company will get it in the future. Moto did it first, Apple next, and so on...

Moto got it on the phones first. That is what will count. Whether moto copied somebody or not, they were the ones to set the ball rolling in the mobile phone world regarding the finger print scanning stuff. Doesnt matters where authentec was dancing.

But that is not Apple's problem; they can choose whoever they want to be. And we can all judge them in our own unique ways based on that. That's it.

When a phone company makes ridiculous claims about a certain technology just cuz it doesnt falls in their scheme of things, blatantly lies about where the problem lies when cornered, fools its customers by staging a drama which is as clear as daylight, and commits the exact same copyright violation it files suits about by the dozens, i really dont care about apple's attitude. They been behaving like arrogant nuts and taking advantage of the fact that the fools/ignorants vis a vis technology far outnumber the tech savy people.

When ever apple comes out with something the debate starts
Where were All these companies before sleeping lol :blackalien:

Last edited:
Probably left to the imagination of the consumer. ... May be color, cheap, crap, ch***** banaya :p

Last one is best... Still it will sell good in starting, so stop bashing people, we all know Apple make thing work like it should be...
Apple new iPhone 5s has still 1 GB ram and it fly, and here we're with note will have 3 GB ram, but still lags after initial use..

So you have to give credit to Apple in software optimization..

w7tN22B.jpg

HTD3SSR.png

Back