Monitors Anyone here who has Dell E1914H monitor? - A small help needed.

cool_cat

Adept
Hi,
I've recently bought a Dell E1914H monitor for the desktop (office use). The problem is, it has only vga input and from the graphics card, so I used a DVI to Vga converter to connect the monitor. Somehow monitor's resolution is undetected in Linux.
I am wondering whether it is the EDID data in the eeprom memory of the monitor that got corrupted (checksum error). I have extracted edid information from the monitor; But has to check in a hex editor/vim to see that it is OK. I will have to see whether it is a video card problem or with the monitor.

So, meanwhile somebody with Dell E1914H monitor, run this program to copy the edid from the monitor. Please attach(zip/rar) in this thread.
This is the steps:
all you need is to run Phoenix EDID Designer 1.3 on your computer (it’s really easy, no need to install, just run Phoenix.exe), and attach a copy of their EDID, using Tools ► Extract Registry EDID. It's a .dat file which can be compressed to attach.
Thanks.

Hi, Dell e1914H users, can someone help @Mr.J did you have a e1914h monitor? gone through some old posts mentioning you were planning to buy one. Please help if you have one.

Back