Anyone here using YOU Broadband in Pune ?

raksrules

Elite
I am now in need of a broadband provider at my home in Pune. I was checking if 3G would be VFM but supposedly it is not for me. Checked with airtel and my place is not "feasible" as per them. I don't have an option of BSNL so that is out too. The only option supposedly is available is YOU telecom.
Is there anyone here using YOU Broadband in Pune or somewhere else ?
I was planning to get their

Either the YOU hurricane or the YOU Trident plan, lowest in them respectively.

How consistent is the connection and speed ? Downtimes ?
I am ok if i don't get full 12 Mbps or 10 Mbps but consistent connection and low / no downtime is more important.

Please suggest if it is worth going for YOU broadband ?

I have read horror stories about the reliance thunder plans and their connection and hence not opting for that and 99.99% my place would not be feasible i am sure.

Are those Reliance horror stories from the customers of Pune? Ask @iChaitanya He's also from Pune using Reliance.

YOU broadband has always been like It works or It Doesn't. Customer Care has been pathetic in every city.
Regarding speeds, My friend uses an 10mbps YOU connection in hyderabad and he Gets 7-8mbps maximum and the Guy who Sold him the connection told this already.
This is the Same Case everywhere in India No one Gets full Speeds on YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked on mouthshut and there are very bad reviews and even on my company's internal forum people have bashed YOU broadband. Probably i will not be going with YOU for now.

You in Bangalore stinks with regard to downtime. When it works, it's blazing fast, but I had repeated down times, every single day and it would take hours to fix. Gave up on them and back to Airtel, which actually has been very good. Dunno why they are called Failtel, but I am very happy with their internet as well as mobile services.

One of my close friend has been using YOU BB in Pune for almost three years and he has always been showering praises on it. He lives in Bharathi Vidyapeeth, Katraj side. Downtime intervals are one hour once a week. He has setup virtual PC's and has been getting double the speeds too.

@raksrules, you really need to give Reliance a chance. Trust me, it's not that bad. If you face serious issues with RCOM, you can directly Email Mr. ADA.
Why don't you call up their toll-free number and let them check for feasibility? Most of the areas in Pune are covered, so there's a very high probability that your's might be covered too. You can talk with me if you need detailed info about RCOM. I know how things work in RCOM.

I have no idea about 'YOU'. Their tariff plans seem costly to me. Maybe I've become so used to the new VFM RCOM tariff plans that tariff plans of all other ISPs seem costly to me.

Also, what about BSNL? Escalating issues is easy in BSNL. The DGM of BSNL Pune had personally called me to address my issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have talked to their (Reliance) customer care and they said they will call in 2 days. Let's see how it goes. I am not keeping high hopes.

Broadband service of a company generally depends on the city or Area, I have been using YOU from past one year, I found the service really spectacular, In my area there is next to zero downtime, and if it was, it would be solved within one hour or would be notified by SMS about it in advance, staff is also good, service men arrives within 4 hours of complaint call, ya I agree that on 12 mbps plans speed did not reach the 100% advertised, but that was only with the 12 mbps plan, other plans of 10-1 mbps-512 kbps gave what they advertised, one more reason for such praise is their pings, I am into online gaming and YOU offered 45-50 pings on SG, probably best in my city, I would say atleast try them out and no I am not working of YOU

Yes probably that's what i will do. Subscribe and use them for some time and see how they perform. If all goes well i will continue else will stop their service.
Btw i am staying in Aundh area of Pune if it matters and if someone is staying in the same or around area and know how the performance is.

Try TataIndicoom/Docomo using it since 4 years and there is hardly any downtime... Last year was down for like 4 hours on one day... I stay near Baner...
But their plans are not as exciting as Reliance :(

I vote for TATA Indicom too. One of my friends has had a very bad exp with Reliance. He stays near the Airport. TATA's current plans are damn costly. You is horrible. 2 - 3 of my friends have "donated" money to them and stopped calling them coz of a lack of any kind of response from them. That ISP is run by a bunch of monkey'. Decide accordingly.

Yes i asked on company's internal forum and people who have used YOU in Aundh area are dissatisfied. :(
Tata is super costly, i checked their plans.
Seems i am out of some VFM options.
Airtel says not feasibly. WTH.

Its not like Airtel is VFM. Airtel is the costliest IMO. TATA has some good and some downright sucky plans. Maybe bug Reliance a bit more. If they show some reluctance you can be assured that will be the case when you register a case as well.

Finally registered for YOU after taking some reviews from people in my area who are using it. I had no other option as no other provider has feasibility or connectivity at my place :(
Lets see how it goes. Will report here. They told they will come for installation tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I registered for a new connection at like 2 PM and the YOU broadband guys came at 3:30 PM to install the cable and modem. They have told i shall be receiving a message on my mobile with login credentials and after that the internet would start working. Lets see how it goes. Will keep everyone updated.

Btw i have taken the plan - 10 Mbps / 25 GB / 3 Months / 2034 Rs / 256 Kbps after FUP

Finally registered for YOU after taking some reviews from people in my area who are using it. I had no other option as no other provider has feasibility or connectivity at my place :(
Lets see how it goes. Will report here. They told they will come for installation tomorrow.

Just open the YOU site and you can see a Review by some YOU pune customer. :p
Oops plans are so pathetic of YOU in pune.
Nice! Is 'YOU' ADSL, Cable or Ethernet? I don't think it's FTTH.
Kind of FTTB

Ok so connection setup and started using it. Speeds at the moment on torrents etc are good. There is some problem with wifi but that is because of my own router and not the YOU modem (which is non wifi).
Here is a speedtest for now..

Test with other Servers in India also and outside India.. Singapore,France,USA.

Can Do a ping test to 202.38.172.44 & 103.12.211.9 and post Results.

Back