Audio Anyone have a vinyl setup?

I'm a huge hipster and I'm considering experimenting with a vinyl setup. Does anyone have one? What's your equipment? Where do you buy your records?

The Crosley Cruiser II is about ~11k on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Crosley-CR8005C-BK-Cruiser-Portable-Turntable/dp/B00P70RVOQ

Amazon India has cool turntables by Jensen. Buying LPs is difficult these days. I have boxes from old relatives and hippie era uncles. Maybe 200 odd platters, with a ton of jazz.....! Some I got as a youngster. Old flea markets will be a good source.

I will get a Jensen unit soon.

Amazon India has cool turntables by Jensen. Buying LPs is difficult these days. I have boxes from old relatives and hippie era uncles. Maybe 200 odd platters, with a ton of jazz.....! Some I got as a youngster. Old flea markets will be a good source.

I will get a Jensen unit soon.

Are there any flea markets in Delhi???

Crosley is fit for only one place - the dumpster. Either find a vintage technics or pioneer or go the whole hog and get an entry level project. You would also need a phono stage - a nad or Cambridge is around 8k.

Don't buy these plastic toasters or battered old vinyl or else you will never get to hear what the medium is capable of.

Back