Anyone else getting redirected/hijacked to 125.21.240.99 AIRTEL page

dreamCatcher

Disciple
Being a customer of Airtel is like being a victim of human experiments conducted by the Nazis. Their latest mode of torture is to redirect/hijack my browser page to 125.21.240.99 and this happens every time I switch on my modem and try to access a website. For instance if I type google.com and press enter, I am taken to http://125.21.240.99/AWP/?url=http%3A//www.google.com/ and this happens every single time for the first couple of minutes after connecting to the internet. Again lets say I had saved 6 tabs from my previous session on my browser, I come back, log in, open browser and guess what, 6 of my saved tabs show Airtel page. Now my modem connects to the internet in flat 15 seconds and have a very stable line without any issues.

trSCkl.jpg

Is any one else facing this problem? Any solution to this?

I had been through this last year as well and after blasting them numerous times it stopped finally. Add to this the misleading info their back end engineers give you when they call you back to resolve the complaint. So what in the name of devil do I need to do to stop this?

Glide is doing the same to the computer in my lab. It is really irritating. Try putting "google.co.uk".
Its not just google, any site I type gets redirected.

greenhorn said:
have you tried using some other DNS service?

Yep tried google DNS, Open DNS but the thing never stops. Its not a DNS hijack as you think. I feel they are doing this for the sake of ads placed at the bottom of the page. Just did a search on this issue and I see so many results with the same problem faced by Airtel users.

Same issue here. And not just browser redirects. Even DNS queries from other applications are sent to that IP causing them to hang/crash/drop connection.

dreamCatcher said:
Their latest mode of torture is to redirect/hijack my browser page to 125.21.240.99 and this happens every time I switch on my modem and try to access a website.
The switch on bit matters, i notice this when i reset the modem, a refresh then takes me to whatever site. Its a momentary thing for me.

Is it not like that for you ?

blr_p said:
The switch on bit matters, i notice this when i reset the modem, a refresh then takes me to whatever site. Its a momentary thing for me.

Is it not like that for you ?
I for one switch off my modem when I am done using, considering the fact this is my 5th replacement beetel modem from Airtel, and that just shows the quality of these modems provided, so cant keep them switched on forever. And I have been practicing this ever since, never had a problem, apart from once last year. Refresh the page and start again works but, what about saved tabs, they cant be refreshed.

dreamCatcher said:
I for one switch off my modem when I am done using, considering the fact this is my 5th replacement beetel modem from Airtel, and that just shows the quality of these modems provided, so cant keep them switched on forever. And I have been practicing this ever since, never had a problem, apart from once last year.
I leave the modem on 24/7/365. the avg life is about 15 months for a beetel and its connected to an APC UPS so no surges or undervolting. Since they bill me Rs.99/month as a rental i don't care. Just call them to replace it if i notice it rebooting too often.

dreamCatcher said:
Refresh the page and start again works but, what about saved tabs, they cant be refreshed.
Hmm maybe refresh wasn't the correct way of saying it.

In opera i just hit the back button and it has everything there even if its a forum post and then try to go forward that would be either a preview or post. So going forward is trying to access the site again but without refreshing the page.

In IE you will lose everything as back does not help much so don't use IE.

I've noticed this redirect to the 125.x.x.x address only recently and only when the modem switches on and I try to access a website before its had time to completely finish the login process. After that i never get sent to that 125. page unless the connection was lost and it automatically relogged in again. Its a temporary thing only.

So its not a hijack, you're on their LAN but not yet got access to go beyond.

its happened most of the times when u cross the fup limit or abt to cross fup limit. this is really bad because many time it redirect when i am paying to some website which make my transcation void

delguy19 said:
its happened most of the times when u cross the fup limit or abt to cross fup limit. this is really bad because many time it redirect when i am paying to some website which make my transcation void
Same thing is happening to me too. After FUP limit or whenever I switch on the modem, airtel redirects me to this stupid webpage. Sometimes it's random too :mad:

So once the FUP is breached do they write a cookie to the host system and re-direction starts.

Or...

Each time a URL is requested, a FUP limit check is done..?

Or...is there something else..?

asingh said:
So once the FUP is breached do they write a cookie to the host system and re-direction starts.

Or...

Each time a URL is requested, a FUP limit check is done..?

Or...is there something else..?
Mostly FUP should be done at DSLAM.

Back