Any suggestions for a good perfume ??

I know it's an odd thing to ask on a tech site, but i need some suggestions for a good men's perfume.:bleh: :bleh: Mention the cost also.

Try CK. I just love CK. The Small (read Tiny) Bottle, 15ml, was like 300. The big bottle was around 2500-3000.

Get the Latest CK. They just get better and better :p. I have the CK Truth. Its quite old, I dont use it anymore.

Currently use an Adidas Aqua. Love the smell, so do the girls :p, It was gifted to me, So dunno the price.

Budget ?

The hotties right now are : Carolina Herrera 212 Men, Davidoff Cool water, Ferrari Black, Hugo Boss, Essenza De Wills...

I personally love Wills, Coolwater and 212 :D

Edit : Oh, they're each about 2.5k for a large bottle (150ml iirc)

Usage?

Mood?

Time of day?

Environment?

There are too many types of perfume to by suggested by a name. There's spicy, musk, woody, earthy, citrus, exotic, fruity. Moods are fresh, subtle, sexy, aggressive, evening, early morning, sporty. There are fragrances for morning, evening, late night parties and Sunday Lunch.

You need to have a selection of fragrances. Even deos can be carefully selected to give you a range of moods to choose from. Why exactly do you need this perfume? To charm or seduce? To be presentable in an office environment? To stand out or to blend in? Once you know all of this you will know what to look for. Go to a good perfumer and tell them what you're looking for. All good shops have a tester who knows what they stock and how to meet your needs.

I personally like St. Michaels, Polo Sport, Ferrari Black, love all three, all three gifted by my ex-GF - no idea of prices in India, but since women's perfumes cost about 2500 a bottle average, guess that should be the same for men's.

Anish said:
Budget ?

The hotties right now are : Carolina Herrera 212 Men, Davidoff Cool water, Ferrari Black, Hugo Boss, Essenza De Wills...

I personally love Wills, Coolwater and 212 :D

Thx will check out those!!

sangram said:
Why exactly do you need this perfume? To charm or seduce? To be presentable in an office environment? To stand out or to blend in?

Looking for a strong perfume,actually to stand out.

My all-time favourite is Kenzo pour homme. It's a bit fruity and a bit musky at the same time with suits me just fine. Then you can't go wrong with Davidoff Cool Water or Hugo Boss either.

Oh and if you want strong, then Issey Miyake's latest range for men (I forget the exact one) is one of the strongest perfumes I have ever smelt. It's bloody expensive though. It was gifted to me but I actually had to give it away to my cousin because the strength of the perfume gave me a headache :p Imagine, I'd put it on in the morning and I could still smell it on me when I awoke the next morning. For the record, my cousin has stopped using it too because it's just too strong. I think it'll make for an excellent shoe freshener ;)

tracerbullet said:
Oh and if you want strong, then Issey Miyake's latest range for men (I forget the exact one) is one of the strongest perfumes I have ever smelt. It's bloody expensive though. It was gifted to me but I actually had to give it away to my cousin because the strength of the perfume gave me a headache :p Imagine, I'd put it on in the morning and I could still smell it on me when I awoke the next morning. For the record, my cousin has stopped using it too because it's just too strong. I think it'll make for an excellent shoe freshener ;)
Ohh yeah, a friend has it. My mom thought he'd worn a room freshener when he came over :rofl:

All Issey Miyake perfumes are strong, I couldn't stand it on women at all.

A good strong perfume is Obsession, but it's very musky. You may not like how it smells.

Another is Brut (the original), but it's too sweet a smell for me, just not manly enough.

You might want to try Ferrari. Those are safe. The best thing to do is walk into as many shops and test as many as you can. First you have to be comfortable with the smell. The woment can faint later.

colognes and after shaves, are basically what you are talking about.

But scents have so many different styles.

Woody,

citrusy

soapy

musky

sweet

It kind of depends on your tastes, you should go to a big store and smell a bunch of them and get an idea of what scents you like . It is more of a personal taste kind of thing.

You can check out Discount Cologne & Fragrances For Men & Women they carry just about very scent you could possibly want, and their prices are really good.

Personally I've been wearing the same cologne for years and tend to like lighter citrusy/soapy scents.

Au Savage by Cristian Dior - for men is a clean but nice scent, they have been making it for years and it is not too expensive.

My Favorite is Creed - Silver Mountain Springwater... but it is kind of pricy and hard to find.

Allure Homme - by Chanel is a little sweeter, I used to wear it but find it a little too sweet, but it's also not too expensive.

1) Perry Ellis - Blue bottle
2) Davidoff - Cool Water

all local brands like Adidas n stuffs sucks.. anyways try the above brand.. you will like them a lot. i am perfume crazy... if u want, you can come at my place and see my collection and use them to test

Thank you guyz!! ^^Nvidia i would love to do that but i live a few hundred kms away from your city.So instead will goto stores and check them out.

My favorites are CK One and Davidoff Cool Water. Strong to be smelled but not strong enough to be obnoxious. But then again fragrances are very personal... one man's poison is another man's food :rofl:.

A good perfume/fragrance is nothing heavy but not too light.:p
Its starts of fresh and clean when you wear it, makes you smart and savvy/sassy all through the day and leaves you smelling sexy by the end of it.:eek:hyeah:
The heat and sweat makes it even more magnetic at the end of the day.:ashamed:

Chaos is right- You just can't go wrong with cK One and Davidoff coolwater.:)
Really safe- but too common now.:ashamed:
Chicks love it too.:p

Also best is too check what others especially women/girls dig- i may find something nice but someone i am interested in might not like it.:p

There's also coolwater deep which i do not know about.
waiting to try one as i am a sucker for the original coolwater and the cK one which are more like all time wear.:)

Ferrari Black has quite a few fans amongst my friends, way better than the red and very good for sporty/party people.

Boss by Hugo Boss is quite sporty and fresh unlike usual perception.
Hugo by Hugo Boss is good for formal ocassions too unlike its projected view of a fragrance with a casual attitude.:p

There was some 'Aqua Di Gio' or something like that by Giorgio Armani- was really nice.

Kenzo that Tracer mentioned is aso very good- more suited to people who love fragrances with stronger base notes.:)

I had heard cK Obsession is a very strong fragrance- Basically musk notes but have never checked it out in person.:ashamed:

But you want something really cheap and strong- try 'El Paso' deo man- used it in senior school.:rofl:

Strong and classic - Aramis
Great citrus - Armani Pour Homme
Lovely year round fragrance (slightly floral) - Paco Rabanne XS (won't break the bank either)
Classic and woody - Paco Rabanne
STRONG oriental - Gucci Pour Homme (just like wood shavings - and it lasts - not to everyone's tastes, though)
Lighter oriental - Gucci Envy (inexpensive and smells great all day)
Sharp blast of iris and tobacco - Versace Dreamer
Ultra strong killer - Givenchy Gentleman (though, its an all time classic, but in our heat conditions, the civet in it'll suffocate the poor bystanders)
Sophisticated type - Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur
Light, long lasting fresh fragrance - Swiss Army
Heavier Aqua/ Fresh - Kenzo PH (there's L'eau par kenzo, but it doesn't last)
Cool/wet weather /mature fragrance - Grey Flannel (it'll last long too)
Sharp citrus - Iceberg Twice
Cheap semi-sophisticated strong type - Roger and Gallet's Open

All of them tried and tested by yours truly. In fact, I have *some* of them. :D

Final bit of advice - perfumes smell different on each person, so its best to test one on your skin first and then buy. Do NOT buy immediately after smelling it - let the perfume settle for half an hour or so, and then see if it suits you.

*ahem* - here's a different sort of cooling... :angel: :ashamed:

Back