Budget 10-15K Any phone better than Redmi Note 3 under 15k? 20k?

mk76

Adept
Hello Friends,
Have thought of getting Redmi Note 3 for SO. The only thing I'm being skeptical about is its glass protection. For the same budget, I do not prefer moto G4 due to inferior processor and battery.

Is there any better phone under 15k , 20k budget?

Questions:-

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android MM and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Daily driver for fluctuating airtel signals, mails and internet, camera

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Max Battery possible, Internal >32G

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Redmi Note 3

I saw a weird thing on FlipKart exchange. The exchange prices vary by the tier of phone you're buying. Example - If you want to buy a 7000-10000 rupees phone they show exchange price as 910-1200. If you go to buy an expensive phone costing more than 20000, it shows exchange price as 3300 for same phone.

I saw a weird thing on FlipKart exchange. The exchange prices vary by the tier of phone you're buying. Example - If you want to buy a 7000-10000 rupees phone they show exchange price as 910-1200. If you go to buy an expensive phone costing more than 20000, it shows exchange price as 3300 for same phone.

Have you checked for iPhone ? IIRC, it had extra 3000 in exchange.

Yeah its basically an extra exchange amount.. It will be mentioned in the list of offers applicable on the product page itself..

In flipkart exchange offer, Moto Z Play which retails for 24,999 is coming for 20,849 with 4,200 discount on my Asus Zenfone 5 phone.

The flipkart exchange depends on the type of phone and retail price of the new phone as well.

The higher the phone cost, the higher is the amount of discount.

Moto Z Series & Moto G Series are my favourites.

Is the moto Z good?
Can the snapdragon 625 chipset playback x265 10-bit 1080p videos smoothly?
I have the Mi4 right now which has the snapdragon 808 and it struggles to play the 10-bit x265 1080p videos..

Is the moto Z good?
Can the snapdragon 625 chipset playback x265 10-bit 1080p videos smoothly?
I have the Mi4 right now which has the snapdragon 808 and it struggles to play the 10-bit x265 1080p videos..
The fluidity not only depends on the processor and the amount of RAM but also needs regular updates to fix bugs and stock android facility.

MOTO Z Series are the 1st regarding implementation of MODS where you can extend the capability of the phone much further.

The fluidity not only depends on the processor and the amount of RAM but also needs regular updates to fix bugs and stock android facility.

MOTO Z Series are the 1st regarding implementation of MODS where you can extend the capability of the phone much further.
I was going to buy the phone but the price is putting me off. For 10-11k I can buy a Redmi phone and can basically use it for another 2 years with just 1 OS update if it comes from MI. For the price Moto is asking, I can buy 2 phones and can use them for around 5 years easily with only 1 OS update if I choose a good low or mid range phone (like Lenovo or Moto). I don't think Moto will update this phone for next 5 years. At the max they will support it for another 2 years before the hardware drivers are unusable. I just cannot understand the cost such high end phones are sold at.

Why not Zuk Z2 plus. It has the best chipset at this price range.
Because it has got a lot of negative reviews.
Now Lenovo bridged the gap with another crappy phone... Moto M

Its all about personal choice and stable OS updates.

Normally Moto & Asus releases frequent updates for bud fixes.

Moto phones are supported by 2 android OS upgrade cycles like if the phone gets Android 6.0 & 7.0

Now we have to see how Lenovo is going to support upcoming phones in the future.

I own both RN3 and MG4P, RN3 camera is literally VGA and MG4P is hardly any better, both are humiliated by my '2013' flagship Samsung S4.

Specs and build wise MG4P is pathetic, RN3 is sleek and solid and packs a punch.

RN3 takes ages to charge, but battery lasts long really long like 2 days, it has 4000+ mAH battery.

RN3 has annoying Hybrid Sim tray, that means 2 SIMs + no Memory card or 1 Sim + 1 memory card. MG4P has full fledged 2 Sim slots and separate memory card slot.

RN3 has MiUi, it has learning curve and will get on your nerves initially, you will learn to live with it after a week.

RN3 feels heavy, MG4P has better weight distribution.

RN3 has warmer display, MG4P is too bluish like a LED bulb. Both again shamed by Samsung's S4's stellar Display.

I suggest you to skip both, either up your budget or wait.

I own both RN3 and MG4P, RN3 camera is literally VGA and MG4P is hardly any better, both are humiliated by my '2013' flagship Samsung S4.

Specs and build wise MG4P is pathetic, RN3 is sleek and solid and packs a punch.

RN3 takes ages to charge, but battery lasts long really long like 2 days, it has 4000+ mAH battery.

RN3 has annoying Hybrid Sim tray, that means 2 SIMs + no Memory card or 1 Sim + 1 memory card. MG4P has full fledged 2 Sim slots and separate memory card slot.

RN3 has MiUi, it has learning curve and will get on your nerves initially, you will learn to live with it after a week.

RN3 has warmer display, MG4P is too bluish like a LED bulb. Both again shamed by Samsung's S4's stellar Display.

Is the display on RN3 warm? damn, I have note 3 on the way and I absolutely hate warm displays. I read that theres an option to set the color temperature to "Cool-warm-standard" in the settings. Can you check your phone and report here?

Could not have been explained better.

Being RN3 owner .. + for all of it.

I despise chinese phones though Moto is also Chinese but Moto G, Z, X Series have stock android experience.

Which I like a lot.

Even Oneplus3 is a subsidiary of LeCo company which is a chinese brand.
Moto M using Mediatek processors just ruined Lenovo's image.

At least Moto G5 Plus Series which are to be released in May,2017 should come with Snapdragon processors.

If all future budget phones come with Mediatek processors, then Moto G Series is doomed like Moto M.

Not much Korean or European or American phones are being released for budget category.

So very few options left...

OP3 is a LeCo subsidiary?

OP3 is a LeCo subsidiary?
No, I don't think so. I think it's a subsidiary of OPPO.

Anyways, I wouldn't go for a RN3 if I were you, the reason is it all depends on your luck, I'm using one right now and I can tell you that it's a good device but the support is truly horrible.
If you get a working device then all good, I just hope anyone who gets or has one never has to go to the so called 'Exclusive Service Centers'

Only gods can help you get your device back if it gets damaged, the parts are really hard to come by, it's the same for Le Eco and Oneplus as well but they're a bit better, Oneplus is at least.

Dont think Moto is going to update OS to 7.0 for MG4P so soon hell they have not yet updated theirs last years flasgship Moto X Style. It still runs 6.0 with security patch from may 2016. They did not even push 6.0.1 :(
Moto is a complete joke at this point.I used to love the design language of the moto phones when it was still a under moto but after Lenovo have taken over it went to the dogs. Now all the recent moto phones just feels like just another re-branded lenovo phone with just stock android. All the phones. released by moto this year are disappointing.

Back