Another vs450 dead

So, back in October, my 5 year old vs 450 had died. It went out with a loud bang. Thankfully, none of my components were affected. Since my total pc max draws only 259 Watts, I read a few reviews and found out from Johny guru's website that the new grey ones vs - 450s were updated and made with much more reliable parts. Posted on his website and Johny replied that the new ones were made with more robust FETs and handle loads better than the CWT version. Better overall parts.
Since, I just wanted to power a g4560+ 1050ti, I cheaped out and bought the grey one locally. I wanted to buy a cheap antec, but someone had said that the 450w version has short wires. Anyways.
Fast forward three months, it died again. No sound nothing. Was browsing and the monitor said no signal. Tried rebooting, pc won't boot up at all. Tried the paper clip method, nothing happens. Fans don't spin.
Now it's lying in the RMA centre.
Long story short, Corsair sucks!

Add to that, the new ones come with 5 year warranty instead of the 3 years. So, I figured, why not? If they are willing to back it up with additional 2 years, they really must have upgraded the quality. But no!

Add to that, the new ones come with 5 year warranty instead of the 3 years. So, I figured, why not? If they are willing to back it up with additional 2 years, they really must have upgraded the quality. But no!
And check your lines too . Proper earthing etc etc. Why does it happen to you. Are you using proper plugs, and original cable with fuse provided by Corsair

@chetansha if there were a slight loose connection at the plug , wouldn't a belkin spike buster take care of any fluctuations?
Will it still affect the power supply? I am on the original Corsair cable with the UK plug

Once is a hardware issue, twice is not.

Most definitely your earthing is a culprit. The 54W CPU and 75W GPU are not enough to cause these issues.
But VS series has a pretty bad reputation though.

My VX650 ran with zero issues from 2010 to 2018 after which I upgraded to a RM850X. My advice is to never cheap out on the PSU as it might take out other more expensive components along with it.

VS is for non gaming PCs man. Get the RMs or something better.[DOUBLEPOST=1549173540][/DOUBLEPOST]
Once is a hardware issue, twice is not.

Most definitely your earthing is a culprit. The 54W CPU and 75W GPU are not enough to cause these issues.
But VS series has a pretty bad reputation though.

My VX650 ran with zero issues from 2010 to 2018 after which I upgraded to a RM850X. My advice is to never cheap out on the PSU as it might take out other more expensive components along with it.
Yes!

Well I had a gs600 hand 8-9 rma, so finally I was pissed of and emailed them about the problem. In two three days I got email from usa department of Corsair and was told that I will now received a unite from usa.

What I got was newly launched rm series model, that too rm750 which more than twice expensive. After that I never had a issue.

Just sharing my expect with Corsair.

VX series from Corsair was rock solid. VS series is watered-down version. Simply refrain from buying VS series.

Vs is complete trash. Just like the old vip smps. Its luck by chance. If it works it will if not you are screwed up. And seems it's few batches have mfg defects so doesn't mean everybody's vs model got issues.
I got 5 of them working flawlessly but they're all powering non gaming PCs.

Back