Android Studio

M4SH

Disciple
Hi all,

I have started learning Android programming recently. So far I've been using ADT (Eclipse) for development purpose. But with introduction of Android Studio in Google I/O yesterday, I think ADT will be phased out gradually. So would you guys suggest to move to Android Studio early on? I have never used IntelliJ before.

I am using IntelliJ from a very long time now ( from its beta times) and I have always loved it. It's much better than Eclipse and you must move to it as its been adopted by Google also at IO 2013. It much faster and better.

I suggest you stick to Eclipse for a while. I did a little project on Android Studio out of curiosity. It's Gradle based build process etc, interesting to see where it's heading. See if your comfortable with that DSL.
My personal recommendation is to focus on learning the craft of building Android apps rather than focus on what tools to use. Use what your comfortable with.

I have used intelliJ's phpstorm for a year now and I highly recommended it. Way better than what netbeans /eclipse has to offer.
Yes it's lovely but paid. I'm glad that Android Studio is free. You get the best of the IntelliJ world coupled with a new build with some Groovy backing.

Back