Budget 10-15K Android Phone for Moderate Usage

Phenomenal

Disciple
My previous phone was Moto G which died in a s/w+h/w crash after 15 months.
I have considered other phones for comparison which are slightly different from my expectations.

1. Budget?

A: INR 10-12K..can stretch to 15 in case of exceptional benefits!

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5" FHD preferred with Corning Gorilla Glass

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android L 5.1 with guaranteed Android M update

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G, 4G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network in Mumbai and social media support.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Calls,Texting,Reading,Music,Internet,Multimedia,Casual Gaming.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM non-hybrid.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup lasting for an entire day on moderate usage consisting of 5 hours of WiFi for browsing,reading,6 hours of 2G,2 hours of 3G,overall screen-on time of 5-10hours.
A microSD card slot is a must.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Lenovo K4 Note,Honor 5X,Redmi 3(Launch date unknown),LeTV Le S1

Concerns about Lenovo - would like to get feedback from Lenovo users :
After sales - in case of issues.
Laggy after few months.
I understand it cannot run high-end games but i don't want it to lag during normal mult-tasking such as browsing multiple tabs,texting and running music together.

I can wait for a few more days but would like to take a quick call on this one.
Let me know what you think :)

Thanks guys for your quick responses.I appreciate it :)

Have you considered Moto G3/Moto G turbo Edition?
Flipkart has an exchange offer going on, so if you have any old phone, you can also consider Moto X play (17k approx) which is what I would recommend.
^I did consider it but despite 500 extra it has a lower RAM,battery and no FHD screen.
Old phone doesn't work,so can't exchange :(

Ive used K4 note and it definitely lags. So theres that.
^ Please share when and where it lagged.Does this happen during normal multi-tasking activities like browsing,music,texting and reading together?
Reviews clearly show it lagging while playing high-end games like Asphalt 8 and since it'll only be for casual gaming,this is acceptable.
I don't want it to lag during normal less CPU-intensive activities like i mentioned before.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup lasting for an entire day on moderate usage consisting of 5 hours of WiFi for browsing,reading,6 hours of 2G,2 hours of 3G,overall screen-on time of 5-10hours.
A microSD card slot is a must.
5 hours sot on wifi for browsing would be considered good for flagships in 2015 and lollycrap. With brightness set to 30%. Harder to lower brightness on cheaper screens as legibility suffers more, neither are they as efficient.

6hours of 2g is out of the question. Can't get longer sot on data than wifi.

2 hours of 3g is doable. 5-10 hours i think you mean run time.

my ten inch tab gives me 8hr sot, no phone can do that unless its huge.

Last edited:
What about the Oneplus X? I just bought it and it seems pretty decent. The processor might be old but the 3GB RAM is more than enough to keep up with the newer apps. It's a bit out of the budget range, but I think if you find enough online discounts or you find some coupon, the price will come down quite a bit. Cheers!

Back