Graphic Cards AMD users, help me start.

TBH I don't know how so many of you are jumping to troubleshoot without even knowing his exact hardware spec :)

OP can you please list your hardware in as much detailed manner as possible, this shouldn't be happening. I've never come across this issue in a mainstream way. A Pcpartpicker type format would be ideal.

Okay, so you are having trouble with 16 gigs of ram, but it's working fine with a single stick of 8gb.

Are both rams the same sku?
Swapped ram sticks?
Tried different slots on the motherboard?

I am sure you might have tried the above, just try a fresh install and see what happens.

yeah tried everything, Doing a fresh Install.

TBH I don't know how so many of you are jumping to troubleshoot without even knowing his exact hardware spec :)

OP can you please list your hardware in as much detailed manner as possible, this shouldn't be happening. I've never come across this issue in a mainstream way. A Pcpartpicker type format would be ideal.

EVGA Z170 FTW/ Asus H110m-D
EVGA Supernova 750W
Asus RX480 Dual OC 4gb
Gskill TridentZ 3000mhz 16gb

The pc works fine with 1 stick of ram but suffers from bsod and other errors with 2 ram sticks, doesnt matter which one, everything works fine without amd gpu while using igpu and Nvidia Gpu.

EVGA Z170 FTW/ Asus H110m-D
EVGA Supernova 750W
Asus RX480 Dual OC 4gb
Gskill TridentZ 3000mhz 16gb

The pc works fine with 1 stick of ram but suffers from bsod and other errors with 2 ram sticks, doesnt matter which one, everything works fine without amd gpu while using igpu and Nvidia Gpu.

Are you running the Ram OTB or with XMP? TBH I personally don't see anything but some unintentional driver clashes. I honestly am stumped here, can't even suggest what to do.

I would write to Robert Hallock @ AMD (AMD_Robert on Reddit) to get a first hand solution and I'm sure they'll help you fix it.

Okay, I installed a fresh copy of windows, The gpu still shows artifacts and the image looks sort of crude, AMD seems to hate me to the core.

Last edited:
Rma it bro, unfortunate.
it was an amazon global piece, They will take it back but I need a new GPU now, and I am stumped, Cant wait 10 more days for U.S import
my budget is locked at 20-21K

I was looking at RX480s and STRIX RX480/RX580 are 25K but EVGA 1070 is 19-27K on amazon and VEGA is around the corner with its $299 price tag.

Used 770 for around 7K seems like a good deal.

Why not the 570 or 580 . They are available between 16-23k

I am sick of AMD, Crimson Relive is better than Gforce experience but the entire month has been a headache, plus I cant play Zelda Breath of the Wild.

AMD Vega Will be priced below $299, 1070 is already 330~ on amazon brand new for the EVGA 1070 SSC version, taking into account shipping and customs on Amazon, It will be possible to buy the 1070 or VEGA for 24-26K.

I play overwatch, GTX 770 Can maintain 150+ fps just fine, So its not like i am without a GPU.

I am sick of AMD, Crimson Relive is better than Gforce experience but the entire month has been a headache, plus I cant play Zelda Breath of the Wild.

AMD Vega Will be priced below $299, 1070 is already 330~ on amazon brand new for the EVGA 1070 SSC version, taking into account shipping and customs on Amazon, It will be possible to buy the 1070 or VEGA for 24-26K.

I play overwatch, GTX 770 Can maintain 150+ fps just fine, So its not like i am without a GPU.

Let me correct you on some stuff here bro.

1) A defective card is just.... that, a defective card. Nvidia users have the same problems. That's just luck.

2) Where are you getting the Vega below 299$ information? This is flat out wrong. A RX 580 goes for 270$~ (the binned skus) , and it's been all but confirmed that Vega will only launch in the high-end market first. Expect a 500-600$ RX Vega w/ 4096 SP and 8 GB HBM2. Polaris is the mainstream lineup for 2017 and Vega will only replace it possibly after Q1 2018, because those were in their investors conference slides.

Also the 1070 will set you about 400$ , a 1080 will be 500-550$. And why will AMD release a 299$ Vega gpu (these are big dies mind you, not smaller ones, you can't come out sell 400-500 mm2 dies for 300$ without incurring serious losses /bad yields) and shoot themselves in the foot with the Polaris lineup? This is not logically what I think will happen.

EDIT - Just did some looking up, the SC Black edition is somewhat cheaper because of a cheaper shroud design and no backplate. So there's a tradeoff , how much does it affect you, is upto you. You can probably pick up cheap 1080's for 500-520$ ( Total cost 620-640$ ofc).

3) If you're just playing OW on anything below 1080p 144 Hz, you're completely fine with a 1070 / 1070 class card, even an RX 580/ 1060 is more than enough.

Make the smart choice :) All the best.

Last edited:

1) A defective card is just.... that, a defective card. Nvidia users have the same problems. That's just luck.

2) Where are you getting the Vega below 299$ information? This is flat out wrong. A RX 580 goes for 270$~ (the binned skus) , and it's been all but confirmed that Vega will only launch in the high-end market first. Expect a 500-600$ RX Vega w/ 4096 SP and 8 GB HBM2. Polaris is the mainstream lineup for 2017 and Vega will only replace it possibly after Q1 2018, because those were in their investors conference slides.

Also the 1070 will set you about 400$ , a 1080 will be 500-550$. And why will AMD release a 299$ Vega gpu (these are big dies mind you, not smaller ones, you can't come out sell 400-500 mm2 dies for 300$ without incurring serious losses /bad yields) and shoot themselves in the foot with the Polaris lineup? This is not logically what I think will happen.

EDIT - Just did some looking up, the SC Black edition is somewhat cheaper because of a cheaper shroud design and no backplate. So there's a tradeoff , how much does it affect you, is upto you. You can probably pick up cheap 1080's for 500-520$ ( Total cost 620-640$ ofc).

3) If you're just playing OW on anything below 1080p 144 Hz, you're completely fine with a 1070 / 1070 class card, even an RX 580/ 1060 is more than enough.

1) you are right

2) there were reports of a VEGA card and people saying it will be below $300 on reddit, thats from where I am basing it off.

3) It is enough, multiplayer games suffer from input lag and usually are run on lowest setting at 150-250fps, plus I record my gameplay so it taxes quite a bit, 770 will do my job right now, Plus overwatch has some frame rate drop issues on certain AMD cards and a few graphical glitches,

I feel its better to Hold off for a month or two and spend on a 1070/1080/VEGA rather than go with RX570/580, as i said above, 770 will do fine for me for the time being.

1) you are right

2) there were reports of a VEGA card and people saying it will be below $300 on reddit, thats from where I am basing it off.

3) It is enough, multiplayer games suffer from input lag and usually are run on lowest setting at 150-250fps, plus I record my gameplay so it taxes quite a bit, 770 will do my job right now, Plus overwatch has some frame rate drop issues on certain AMD cards and a few graphical glitches,

I feel its better to Hold off for a month or two and spend on a 1070/1080/VEGA rather than go with RX570/580, as i said above, 770 will do fine for me for the time being and prices are going down, i might have someone from U.S bring it for me.

Last edited:
1) you are right

I feel its better to Hold off for a month or two and spend on a 1070/1080/VEGA rather than go with RX570/580, as i said above, 770 will do fine for me for the time being and prices are going down, i might have someone from U.S bring it for me.

Yep, whatever floats your boat :) Decide a perf cap, what you're happy with, and then choose the right card.

Also I'd recommend not waiting, if you wait to get say a 1080 for 200$, there'll be something much better for 400$ and the 1080 will not be as good as it was 'when you decided to wait and buy it'.

So only wait short-term, and pick the right card, call it a day.

I would personally say in the mainstream - go for RX 580, it's a GREAT card.

In the high end as of now - go for 1070

Yep, whatever floats your boat :) Decide a perf cap, what you're happy with, and then choose the right card.

Also I'd recommend not waiting, if you wait to get say a 1080 for 200$, there'll be something much better for 400$ and the 1080 will not be as good as it was 'when you decided to wait and buy it'.

So only wait short-term, and pick the right card, call it a day.

I would personally say in the mainstream - go for RX 580, it's a GREAT card.

In the high end as of now - go for 1070

you are right again, but as i said a 770 will do fine right now, and I am going to Dubai tis june, so holding off my purchase.

Last edited:
If you plan to run Cemu for BOTW, nVidia GPUs seem to have lesser graphical glitches. In any case, better to wait for Vega with a temp card.

Input required guys, Is it worth to buy a r9 380x card at 8-9k, (only us warranty ) or better to buy rx 570 @ 16k with indian warranty

Pc Specs : 8350+ asus crosshair v formula z + dominator GT 16GB ram + Corsair tx 650 PSU

Back