Graphic Cards AMD users, help me start.

PH0ENiX

Skilled
left AMD in 2012, Nvidia all the way till now, 5 minutes ago brought a RX480 from amazon.in for 17K, So guys can someone give me a rundown of amd crimson software etc and related features, also any steps to get Nvidia based stuff like hairworks working on amd?

Thought you had purchased the 1060/70 from the US?!

I did purchase an EVGA 1070 SC 8gb but had to (was forced to in reality) give it to my cousin, I Play multiplayer games so rx480 will do fine at 1080P/144hz & 1080 Is already looming at 30K from time to time, when VEGA comes out, expect a 1080 for 20K~

Nice choice but why buy from Amazon global when it's available here for maybe 1-2k more.
Nevertheless good choice.

You are right, Sapphire 8GB RX480 was 4K more, and One can argue That the extra vram, Backplate, superior PCB, Cooling & Warranty is easily worth the price but for 17k Asus RX480 Is not a bad deal, plus i No longer play a lot of single-player games so it should suffice.

Last edited:
Got the RX480, suffers from a decade old memory driver related issue , STFU AMD you retard, You wait 10 days for a GPU and it arrives with the only solution being a replacement.

meanwhile i am using the GPU but with only a single Ram stick, 8gb on 1080p is not enough for some games, got 12 days to file for a refund, Considering my options for a New GPU.

Well that is sad..Can be a driver bug?

Maybe , After installing second ram stick, I get this in place of windows lock screen, its a still, not video, after 10 secs it goes to a BSOD with Video_tdr_failure.

Attachments

• IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 185
Got the RX480, suffers from a decade old memory driver related issue , STFU AMD you retard, You wait 10 days for a GPU and it arrives with the only solution being a replacement.

meanwhile i am using the GPU but with only a single Ram stick, 8gb on 1080p is not enough for some games, got 12 days to file for a refund, Considering my options for a New GPU.
Buddy, I am not getting your issue, is it hardware or software related, if it is hardware, what are your options, will you get a full refund including tax and customs?

Buddy, I am not getting your issue, is it hardware or software related, if it is hardware, what are your options, will you get a full refund including tax and customs?

It's a software compatibility issue with crimson drivers, and the Gpu.

No workaround or solution, will have to get a new GPU, otherwise I can use it with a single ram stick or 8gb of ram (not sure which one) or change my motherboard and check,which I cannot since it's working fine with Nvidia gpu's and other AMD gpu's,

Also I have a EVGA mobo & Evga is a Nvidia partner.

I will get a full refund including everything, customs etc, that is 17K that I paid To Amazon when placing an order

What driver version are you using?
Have been using RX480 since launch day till last week, never experienced any compatibility issues or driver related issues.... Maybe some other hardware is causing it since using single ram stick is not giving you any problems....

What driver version are you using?
Have been using RX480 since launch day till last week, never experienced any compatibility issues or driver related issues.... Maybe some other hardware is causing it since using single ram stick is not giving you any problems....

already downloaded 12gigs of AMD drivers; EVGA wont provide help regarding AMD GPU's but they are 100% compatible, Every discussion i came across told me to replace the GPU since it's what is causing the issue in the first place.

already downloaded 12gigs of AMD drivers; EVGA wont provide help regarding AMD GPU's but they are 100% compatible, Every discussion i came across told me to replace the GPU since it's what is causing the issue in the first place.
What exactly is the issue? Corrupted screen? Did you try the GPU on another machine just to confirm its not DOA?

Or is the issue happening only when two ram sticks are in place? In that case, it appears to be a motherboard bug. Did you try flashing to the latest motherboard bios and gpu vbios?

Last edited:
Well that didn't help me to strike out driver issues, check out the hdmi/dvi cables... I had once loose cable giving me same kind of screen.
You should first do clean uninstall of drivers via DDU then boot up and let Windows load default drivers for gpu... Then test stability by just keeping your system on for 10-15'.
If it's doesn't crashes or hangs with white or blurred screen then install driver's...

okay so I tried the GPU on another mobo and it displays the exact same behavior, it boils down to windows install and the GPU.

Dude, unable to understand your issue, if it is driver related, try a using DDU and clearing old drivers and installing the new ones, if that doesnt you should try a fresh install of Windows (i know it is pain) will help you pin point the problem. Also, what exactly are the symptoms?

Dude, unable to understand your issue, if it is driver related, try a using DDU and clearing old drivers and installing the new ones, if that doesnt you should try a fresh install of Windows (i know it is pain) will help you pin point the problem. Also, what exactly are the symptoms?
should have given more details here, basically after installing 16gigs of ram i see this ( pic below) , the problem goes away when removing a ram stick, tried different mobos, ram, Gpus, this problem only exists when using 16gigs of ram, I tried using DDU but with not positive results.

now doing a clean install of windows.

Attachments

• IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 167
should have given more details here, basically after installing 16gigs of ram i see this ( pic below) , the problem goes away when removing a ram stick, tried different mobos, ram, Gpus, this problem only exists when using 16gigs of ram, I tried using DDU but with not positive results.

now doing a clean install of windows.
Okay, so you are having trouble with 16 gigs of ram, but it's working fine with a single stick of 8gb.

Are both rams the same sku?
Swapped ram sticks?
Tried different slots on the motherboard?

I am sure you might have tried the above, just try a fresh install and see what happens.

Back