Graphic Cards AMD Catalyst & nVidia Forceware driver updates

Re: Recently released ATi Catalyst & nVidia Forceware drivers

Which is the tested best driver for 5770 1GB with Win XP 32 Bit SP3 4GB RAM

CPU AthlonII 620X4

I have changed from 4870 to 5770 so should I uninstall all my old drivers & reinstall the driver suggested by you.

Moreover my dxdiag tells me I still have DX9.0c

Is that Okay or I should update it to higher Version & if so how ?

Thanks for advising

guys me still on igp so should install lastest version of catalysist ????????

igp 4250 :(

shravank30 said:
Which is the tested best driver for 5770 1GB with Win XP 32 Bit SP3 4GB RAM

CPU AthlonII 620X4

I have changed from 4870 to 5770 so should I uninstall all my old drivers & reinstall the driver suggested by you.

Moreover my dxdiag tells me I still have DX9.0c

Is that Okay or I should update it to higher Version & if so how ?

Thanks for advising

You will still show Dx9 because that is the code path for WinXP. You need Win7 to get Dx11. You can download the latest drivers from the ATI website, they work fine with your accelerator.

Install amd catalyst 11.9 driver from amds website.

princeoo7 said:
guys me still on igp so should install lastest version of catalysist ????????

igp 4250 :(

When should we expect new drivers from ATI?? Playing BF3 on preview drivers makes other games and softwares like AUTOCAD crash... Formula doesnt even launch, whereas on 11.9 drivers every game runs fine, but BF3 comes back to browser after playing for about 30 odd mins

Did you try Catalyst 11.10 B2 Preview drivers,they might have few improvements in it.

download from Guru3D.com
chiragsthakur said:
When should we expect new drivers from ATI?? Playing BF3 on preview drivers makes other games and softwares like AUTOCAD crash... Formula doesnt even launch, whereas on 11.9 drivers every game runs fine, but BF3 comes back to browser after playing for about 30 odd mins

ohh,then there is no option other than to wait for 11.10 complete set of drivers.Amd will release those in a month or so i guess.

The 11.10 drivers are out. Downloading it right now. Will test how the performance is with BF3.

Had lots of problems while installing the drivers last night. :| For some reason I had got a blue screen while installing and it had messed up my drivers completely. Was getting frustrated late in the night so left it.

Managed to fix everything in the afternoon. I didn't find any performance boost for my 5770 as such with BF3. Can't say anything about other games.

No such issues with my installation.. Worked flawlessly. AUTOCAD 2012 wasnt working on the preview drivers but its working perfect now with new stable drivers. I dont know how, but this increased my frame rates in F1 2011 (about 4 to 5), whereas now I have no issues in BF3 (in SP found a increase of mere 2 to 3 FPS), BF3 MP didnt crash after playing for almost 2hr 30mins, Dirt3 didnt show any change in frame rates, but works fine as always. So overall stable drivers.

How can you have those drivers for more than 10 days when it was released on 31st October??

chiragsthakur said:
No such issues with my installation.. Worked flawlessly. AUTOCAD 2012 wasnt working on the preview drivers but its working perfect now with new stable drivers. I dont know how, but this increased my frame rates in F1 2011 (about 4 to 5), whereas now I have no issues in BF3 (in SP found a increase of mere 2 to 3 FPS), BF3 MP didnt crash after playing for almost 2hr 30mins, Dirt3 didnt show any change in frame rates, but works fine as always. So overall stable drivers.
BF3 crash issues were solved for me 2-3 days ago only, before this new driver.
Also the installation issues I had were specific for me and I'm pretty sure no one else will face it. :)

kartikoli said:
i have these drivers for more than 10 days now
It must be the preview drivers.

@viralbug-Are there any improvements in fps in all other games after installing 11.10?,or there is no difference between 11.9 and the latest?

Back