Amazon India lightning deals

Hello Guys, Is it now safe to buy Seagate 3.5 inch HDD internal from Amazon IN ? I'm looking for
Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS model to use as Internal drive - During or before the deal price was 9k zone.
The Ironwolf has quite a few bad reviews on Amazon US site.Moreover getting a hard drive especially a 3.5" which doesn't have any protection except for the packaging when bought online seems a bit ciky to me.

Moreover since this is a 4 TB drive I am guessing you will be dumping a lot of data for backup here and you definitely don't want it to screw up.

If you are looking for reliable 4 TB 3.5" go for WD Red .A bit more expensive but totally worth it for the peace of mind. I have been running one 4 TB WD Red for the past 2 years without any hiccup.

I did my research on the Ironwolf when I was getting an 8 TB and ended up going for a WD Red again.

Toshiba HDD's are reliable? In most sites, i see low ratings.

I haven't received mine yet... it's out for delivery so should be with me soon. I agree... reviews on it are a little mixed online but oh well since the price was low I took a plunge. It'll probably hold some of my movie/ show backups which I can carry when I'm traveling. Mirrored backup's are always kept in my main NAS unit.

The Ironwolf has quite a few bad reviews on Amazon US site.Moreover getting a hard drive especially a 3.5" which doesn't have any protection except for the packaging when bought online seems a bit ciky to me.

Moreover since this is a 4 TB drive I am guessing you will be dumping a lot of data for backup here and you definitely don't want it to screw up.

If you are looking for reliable 4 TB 3.5" go for WD Red .A bit more expensive but totally worth it for the peace of mind. I have been running one 4 TB WD Red for the past 2 years without any hiccup.

I did my research on the Ironwolf when I was getting an 8 TB and ended up going for a WD Red again.

Thanks for the fact Marcus Fenix - Amazon US shows the Horrible Picture of this drive, 50 Critical review - most of them know what they are doing, some folks now repented why they don't invest in WD - Looks like India is dumping ground for this drive and to lure more customer like me they put it Lightning Deal. I was sceptical about bare bone Seagate after horrible experience faced by Forum member 6pack few days back.
But now it is clear....

Thanks for the fact Marcus Fenix - Amazon US shows the Horrible Picture of this drive, 50 Critical review - most of them know what they are doing, some folks now repented why they don't invest in WD - Looks like India is dumping ground for this drive and to lure more customer like me they put it Lightning Deal. I was sceptical about bare bone Seagate after horrible experience faced by Forum member 6pack few days back.
But now it is clear....
I remember the time when WD was crap and Seagate was far better.Seems like the tables have turned now.

Hello Guys, Is it now safe to buy Seagate 3.5 inch HDD internal from Amazon IN ? I'm looking for
Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS model to use as Internal drive - During or before the deal price was 9k zone.

I got one of these. Will post back once I have it running for a while.

IMAGE00750.jpg

Received the Toshiba 2TB External HDD this afternoon. Came packed in it's default bright green box inside Amazon's own cardboard box. Connected the disk to my primary NAS and presently copying about 60 GB of movies onto it through TeraCopy. (The deal price was Rs. 5299/-)

Just picked up a Seagate Barracuda 1Tb and got it perfectly wrapped and packed. No issues about protection when shipped from Amazon

Just picked up a Seagate Barracuda 1Tb and got it perfectly wrapped and packed. No issues about protection when shipped from Amazon

Nice! :)

I have ordered a couple of internal HDD's in the past from Amazon India, a WD Blue and a WD Red. Both were 2 TB variants. Had mixed luck. The WD Blue was shipped by Cloudtail and packed in Amazon's cardboard box much like a book without any sort of bubble wrapping or air cushioning surrounding the drive itself. Thankfully the drive worked and still is without any issues. OTOH, The WD Red was shipped by a horrid seller and it was DOA. Got my money refunded without any hiccups (order was covered under Prime).

Last edited:
External HDD's are usually OK since the original box from WD or Seagate protects the drive. Internal HDD's are a different story. The vendor Exilent on Amazon does good packing of HDD shipments. Just drop them a note either before your order or after and ask them to take extra care when packing for shipment.

In the case of Amazon fulfilled, I just got an internal HDD which while shipped in the standard cardboard, at least had a plastic protective case (like the Seagate externals) and was jammed tight in the cardboard and didn't appear to move in the box. HDD is working fine so far.

By and large it generally is a crap shoot for Amazon fulfilled internal HDD's going by the feedback on Amazon US/India and Amazon does not appear to give a damn since the complaints keep coming.

For anyone interested these are the test results from CrystalDiskInfo for the 2TB Toshiba Canvio External HDD:

Toshiba_1.jpg

Copied about 186GB of movies on it today (mix of 720p and 1080p files)... took about an hour to complete through TeraCopy.

Last edited:
Nothing really great on Amazon so far.. at least from what I was looking at.

Btw people avoid getting sucked into Flipkart's Sham of a sale.. they raised prices and are now conveniently indicating big discounts so the final price will be the same as pre sale if not even more lol.. FAIL

Nothing great on Flipkart as well, except some discounts on shoes from Asics, Nike and Vu TV's (one of which I might have to buy for a secondary setup at home).

Back