Amazon India - Feedback Thread

Amzon deliver really sucks big time.
More than a week passed but failed to delivered it.
Generally it takes 3-4 days time for most of the couriers to reach me(any where from India).
Order an item at 10th Oct and it reached at local FedEx office at 14th Oct but they did not do anything till now to deliver me.
Mailed amazon but only reply but nothing.....

Today is the last day of delivery promised by amazon.
I know amazon will failed to keep their promise this time.
So,what should do next at tomorrow ?

Fine then, it is reasonably low value item. FedEx needs to improve a Lot (my personal experience - ordered a cabbie - they managed to loose track of it so completely that they certified to the seller that they "lost" it, Seller offered to send a replacement. That very evening I rec'd the cabbie! SO called the Seller to stop shipping another one).

The problem with Amazon India is that they are a market place only, cannot send replacement. They will offer to refund you & they do this rather fast, esp., if it is a Amazon Fulfilled order.

Since the current rate of the book is 100% higher and value is reasonably low, remind Amazon a few times. Once you get the book, ask them for a coupon for the hassle ;). With luck you may get it!

Thanks for ur reply!
Lets see if I'm lucky or not this time.
Hope for the best...:D

What a big shameless ppl are amzon India.
I also just tried to post complain at FB page.
They did not allow my post but in reply said that delivery delay cos of "inclement weather"
What wrong with Kolkata's weather now ? :eek:
Tracking status showing item reached in Kolkata at 14th Oct 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took their 49 Rs 2 day delivery option for 2 of my orders ( amazon fulfilled ) from 2 different vendors.
Well they did deliver on the 2nd day. For 49 Rs, its a good service for high value buys.
No need to wait a lot

Yea,this is not unusual.
More care cos Amazon getting more profit from it.
Business all about profit.
Amazon should stop selling cheap item with low profit then.....

Super Fast delivery by AmazonIN & Fedex Kolkata this time. :)
Order & paid using AmazonIN App on 11th Nov morning.
Item shipped at afternoon that day.
Got my item at afternoon 12th Nov.
Mumbai to Kolkata under 32 hours though item was very small,a MicroSD Card....

Here's my experience with Amazon so far:

• Ordered a phone on the 20th of October. Estimated delivery was 25th October.
  • Didn't arrive. Contacted customer support and they assured me that delivery would happen within 3 days because it was Diwali and there was delay in delivery by their logistics partner.
  • Waited a week more. Item still didn't arrive. Contacted Customer care for cancellation.
  • Customer care reps told me that item has been cancelled and the amount will be refunded within 3-4 working days.
  • Wait for 4 days and still no cancellation mail or refund.
  • Contact CC again and they say that the issue has been escalated and that the amount will be refunded once item reaches their fulfillment center.
  • Out of the blue item shows out for delivery. This is more than 3 weeks after i placed the order and a week after i cancelled the order.
  • Contact CC again and they tell me not to accept delivery. Delivery boy calls for address confirmation. I tell him that the item has been cancelled. He tells me that no such thing has happened. I tell him to take back the item.
  • Contact CC again for status of refund. The item still hasn't reached their fulfillment center.
  • Finally get the order cancellation and refund mail. 23 days since i placed the order and more than 12 days since i cancelled the order.

AmazonIN finally showed its color.
I got SM that my item shipped yesterday.
When I tried tracking id of bluedart it shows invalid at night.
Not got mail from amazon that item undelivered.
But,actually item never shipped.
What liar and cheater.....:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
Never go full retard.

Bluedart will update the tracking info today. Having the item picked up and having the item in transit are two different things. Amazon would send you email when bluedart would pick the stuff from their warehouse (even there it'd be prepaid label arrangement). Only when bluedart puts the entry in their system, you'll be able to track. Typically takes 24 hrs.

The way you started bashing amazon, it looked like you paid them for 4 hour delivery and amazon delayed it by a month.

^^LOL

Few experiences I had -
Orders which are Amazon fulfilled are not a major hassle. They arrive within the time specified or in most cases, much earlier.

My cousin had an issue with delivery during the festive season. They did not deliver for 3days even after the package reached town. The warehouse is hardly 2Km from his place and they (1) could not co-ordinate so that he could go and pick it up or (2) Finally when it was out for delivery, they could not get which delivery guy had it (he was travelling the same day and had to leave without what he had ordered).

I recently bought a camera bag (not Amazon Fulfilled). The seller sent the bag wrapped in 2 shopping bags and the MRP was less than what I had payed (It was old but unused). I communicated the same and seller refunded the difference (they try to drag on. Best is to give them deadlines and keep communication polite).

I had got a book during a Lightning Deal. But 8 pages were missing from the book.
I raised a refund request a week ago. But no one from FedEx has showed up to take the package back. Yet.

Here's my experience with Amazon so far:

• Ordered a phone on the 20th of October. Estimated delivery was 25th October.
  • Didn't arrive. Contacted customer support and they assured me that delivery would happen within 3 days because it was Diwali and there was delay in delivery by their logistics partner.
  • Waited a week more. Item still didn't arrive. Contacted Customer care for cancellation.
  • Customer care reps told me that item has been cancelled and the amount will be refunded within 3-4 working days.
  • Wait for 4 days and still no cancellation mail or refund.
  • Contact CC again and they say that the issue has been escalated and that the amount will be refunded once item reaches their fulfillment center.
  • Out of the blue item shows out for delivery. This is more than 3 weeks after i placed the order and a week after i cancelled the order.
  • Contact CC again and they tell me not to accept delivery. Delivery boy calls for address confirmation. I tell him that the item has been cancelled. He tells me that no such thing has happened. I tell him to take back the item.
  • Contact CC again for status of refund. The item still hasn't reached their fulfillment center.
  • Finally get the order cancellation and refund mail. 23 days since i placed the order and more than 12 days since i cancelled the order.
That time of the year is usually problematic to get most things done. To give you an unrelated example i found my local hopcoms did not have much supply for a few days whereas rest of the year there is no issue.

had ordered a phone and the day of delivery there was a strike on, strike ended at 6pm delivery arrived at 7:30, deadline for 1 day delivery expired at 9pm. Same city, same courier, only difference is when the order was placed.

Ordered a ps4 game on Saturday 5 pm, and opted for 2 day delivery @ 49 rs extra.

Got the parcel in Chennai, on Sunday at 1pm.

Pretty good service

Again, try and stick to "Amazon Fulfilled" orders exclusively. Avoid 3rd party Amazon sellers at all costs unless its a very reputed seller that you know of personally.

If you follow this advice, you will find that you are fairly safe for both deliveries as well as refunds (worst case)...

Back