Amazon India - Feedback Thread

I ordered an item from a third party seller on Amazon, and though he has dispactched the product after 2 days placing the order, he did not provide me with a tracking number. I'm kinda shocked that Amazon does not insist that third party sellers provide a tracking number, like eBay does.

I ordered three items from them from 3rd party sellers and two of them shipped without tracking numbers.
The only drawbacks I see on Amazon is the tight time limit given to return electronic items you bought. Its just 10 days. Some problems may not be apparent or found in 10 days on some items.

So in case the product doesn't show up, what are we supposed to do? What's the proof that the seller has even shipped the item?

If you are not purchasing an Amazon Fulfilled item, stay away from Amazon.in.

I ordered three items: Soundmagic ES18 IEM's & a Philips DVD player on 20th this month and a 32GB pen drive on 21st. The pen drive was Amazon Fulfilled while the other two were not. The pen drive has been delivered today whereas I have no clue about the other two items.

The seller of the IEM's shipped it via some crappy "AJW Express" courier after I mailed him threatening to cancel the order. No tracking was provided on Amazon site but the seller mailed me the details on 22nd evening. The courier site does not show any information on providing the tracking number even after more than 24 hrs after the item being shipped.

I have sent two mails to the seller of the DVD player since yesterday but he hasn't responded to any of them. No idea if the item has been truly dispatched or not.

UPDATE: It seems that the Amazon website has no standard way of providing shipping info.

The shipping information for one item is present in the orders page, one in "contact the seller -> where's my stuff" page, and yet another in the e-mail sent by the seller.
Absolutely ridiculous.
a9togz.png
2mh7msx.png

P.S.- Both the images are of same order.

Last edited:
I recently tried to buy couple of books from Amazon.in. Everything went well except the payment. Tried twice and it did not go through. I forgot about it. Couple of days later, I got a mail from amazon that they had some issues with their payment services and offered my 500 off on my next purchase (also got a call from their CC regarding the same). Got the same books and got a mail that I will either get a cash back on my card or a cheque in next ~7 working days. Will wait and see how it goes.

UPDATE: I got the cheque few days back. So they did what they offered me.

Last edited:
What's the "we will send you COD" supposed to mean. I paid by credit card and am not going to be accepting the shipment.[DOUBLEPOST=1400077563][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, eff Amazon. I guess I was fooling myself, but unlike Amazon US, they really have no control over their third party sellers.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 276
Amazon.in is facing problems like Snapdeal i guess by not having control over third party sellers. Anyways its best to avoid third party sellers with low rating, i have always managed to order Amazon Fulfilled products which are amazing.

Does anyone know the e-mail ID of a very high level Amazon India customer service guy? I really want to blast them. I'm dead serious here. PM me their mail ID and the source where you got it from (I don't want to abuse some poor SOB without proper verification on my part). I've been an amazon customer for several years and I intend to really rip into them regarding their Indian service.

Bonus: I'll post the e-mail screenshot here.

Dispatch time for fulfilled products is taking up to 36 hours. Very bad.

I am noticing that they're wantedly slowing down the dispatch time for free deliveries in order to promote 1 & 2 day guaranteed deliveries.

I ordered from Amazon twice worth 10k. One was Amazon fulfilled product which took 5 days to reach and another was from reputed 3rd party seller which they shipped after 2 days and took another 5 days to reach. Other than that everything was fine.

I was looking at the price of Watch Dogs on various sites when I came across this,
Amazon_in.png

I was like WTF?! Does Amazon have no control over third party sellers? What's the difference between Amazon and National Market if this is the case? How does one get courage to buy expensive stuff from them? Even if an order is 'Fulfilled by Amazon', what's the guarantee that the seller is good if their seller control is so bad?

http://www.amazon.in/gp/offer-listing/B00ION7I7I/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Lmao... I laughed so hard (delivery charges :D). Seriously speaking, I never had bad experience with Amazon but these 3rd party sellers are problem for every e-commerce site.[DOUBLEPOST=1406541241][/DOUBLEPOST]Apparently, the seller is a rogue one. He is selling every game as pirated version.

Attachments

• sd.JPG
    sd.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
^^ He's even charging for delivery ! Hahaha.
Anyway, shared on FB tagging Amazon. Let's see.

Lmao... I laughed so hard (delivery charges :D). Seriously speaking, I never had bad experience with Amazon but these 3rd party sellers are problem for every e-commerce site.[DOUBLEPOST=1406541241][/DOUBLEPOST]Apparently, the seller is a rogue one. He is selling every game as pirated version.

I think this guy is downloading the game, burning it to DVDs and selling, just like in National Market, Burma Bazaar etc.. I think the delivery charges are for those burned DVDs LOL.

Let's see if this guy only gets removed from Amazon or if they are gonna book a case against him :D

Ha ha. Let's see if it spreads farther.

ha ha ha ha ha....
Amazon never must have faced such cheapstartds in any other market :)
I many a times get annoyed by the product description and specification wrong or missing but this is completely different level....
And if I am not wrong MarketPlush and MoosaSales are same guy....
How did he arrive at the magical figure of 32.45INR for delivery?
I think its the price he must have paid for the media :D
Since it is internet download is it that the seller will deliver a printout with the URL to a torrent file and then buyer is supposed to download that :D

I recently tried to buy couple of books from Amazon.in. Everything went well except the payment. Tried twice and it did not go through. I forgot about it. Couple of days later, I got a mail from amazon that they had some issues with their payment services and offered my 500 off on my next purchase (also got a call from their CC regarding the same). Got the same books and got a mail that I will either get a cash back on my card or a cheque in next ~7 working days. Will wait and see how it goes.

UPDATE: I got the cheque few days back. So they did what they offered me.
I also got a "good will refund" of Rs500 twice from them. In the mail actually it was written as towards billing correction.
Both times a cheque was sent by bluedart. I rechecked all my orders and credit card statements but could not find any anamolies... I contacted them and they said its Good Will Refund. I said welcome anytime :D

Gosh...what is wrong with Amazon. Did they start shop, and left it to run. AKA: Skynet type. The local dealers are ruining it. And off all things, warez are being sold as wares...! LOL.

Back