Amazon India - Feedback Thread

Someone send this thread link to amazon India.

already did. what's ironic is that they don't have amazon twitter handle. neither there is an official amazon.in email id to handle complaints.

that's an eye-opener that people have not got the books too in proper packaging. i would urge them to leave a feedback of their purchases through their amazon a/c. if possible call the call center (they will call you, when you click "call me").
the more people will complain, they will try to improve their services.
otherwise in the coming days other etailers who are providing reasonably better service like flipkart too will dip in quality seeing everyone doing it

I think it is a formality that they have opened a store in India...i think letsbuy was much better than this and amazon should be ashamed of diluting their brand image like this...IMHO[DOUBLEPOST=1372410403][/DOUBLEPOST]Also you can put it up on their FB page...that should definitely get you some attention and the much needed kick for amazon...
http://www.facebook.com/AmazonIN?ref=ts&fref=ts

Bought 3 books in last few weeks. Price was quite low and all were labelled as Amazon fulfilled. Were sent through FedEx and packaging was good.
But one of the book had taken some beating and I guess that must have happened even before it was packed. Since I am not going to keep it for long, its fine. Else would have returned it.

I mail amazon.in with this thread link. This is their reply

Hello,
I'm sorry about the problem you had with the delivery of your order
I've forwarded your feedback about packaging to our shipping department--I know they'll want to hear about your experience.
We're aware that our choice of delivery services reflects on our business as a whole, and we appreciate your feedback.
We hope to see you again soon.

Ordered a book with Amazon. (paperback type and orders fulfilled by amazon)
Book's back cover page was bent. Packaging was pretty good, however the book wasnt covered on the back side with those air filled packets. The book was placed as it is, ie no protective plastic packet. This wasnt the reason for the bent page ofc. Just mentioning for the record. Ordered on the 14nth, delivered on the 17nth with one holiday in between.

CC Rep guy mentions that due to FDI norms, the orders are not directly coming off via amazon hence the replacement is not possible, and only refund can be initiated.

The refund procedure is decently elaborate. 3-4 pages to be printed and relevant portions to be cut out and stuck to the package. The deal breaker is that now the same book is more than twice the price for which i had ordered it for. Hence opting out of it.
Tracking for the package was useless as well. No updates whatsoever. Heck, even the BD courier guy was pretty uncouth and rounded off the final amount himself. Fk did much much better.

CC was excellent, relay chat and esp the initiating the call from my side via their website was simply fantastic! But the first experience with Amazon soured up due to unpleasant turn of few events.

Response from Amazon.in regarding BD's courier boy being out of line :-
I'm sorry about the problem you had with the delivery of your order.

I've forwarded your feedback about BLUEDART to our internal team and the shipping department--I know they'll want to hear about your experience.

We're aware that our choice of delivery services reflects on our business as a whole, and we appreciate your feedback.
We hope to see you again soon.

Last edited:
My experience so far has been good. Ordered blu rays twice. Delivered well within 4 days with amazing packing, though I always lookout for "Fulfilled by Amazon".
For books, you always have Uread, BookAdda, FK, Infibeam, HS18, Snapdeal. IMO, URead is the best wrt shipping time, delivery and packing.

For books, you always have Uread, BookAdda, FK, Infibeam, HS18, Snapdeal. IMO, URead is the best wrt shipping time, delivery and packing.

Yea, i know about the book stores and had looked up the pricing before i had made the purchase from the amazon. The second lot of the ordered books arrived and the books are in very good condition. But again these books were not wrapped in a plastic sheet/cover and only had the sealed air packets for protection. Upon opening the box one sees the books kept absolutely exposed. Any case of liquid spill towards the top side, or any side for that matter means books are gone.
1-2 books suffered crushed corners and kinda sure that happened due to not packing them tightly in a plastic wrapping.

Amazon handling the packaging and shipping via trusted shipping partners or not, this really should not be a case. They do not have any replacement program underway atm and hence they should ensure water proofing the articles at the least.

Amazon response regarding the book with folded/bent back cover page:
We are really sorry to hear about this. We will pass on the information to the Amazon Fulfilment Team. You could ask for a refund and order afresh. Best Wishes, Amazing Buy Customer Service

I am happy they are acknowledging the mistakes and posting replies like a professional.
Hoping that the service will improve.

Last edited:
Any case of liquid spill towards the top side, or any side for that matter means books are gone.
As could easily happen in the monsoons.[DOUBLEPOST=1376833258][/DOUBLEPOST]
So we are stuck with SD and FK for the time being.
That would be a win for the merchants lobby here to keep you buying from indian shops instead of foreign ones.

But amazon has deep pockets and should last longer than other start-ups. We will see how long they stay here.

Reading the responses here i am bit worried about my recent order placed of external HDD.
Books is still okay, less packaging wont harm it, byt HDD if not bubble packed will go for a toss for sure.
Expecting the delivery in 2 days, will update like wise later.

Reading the responses here i am bit worried about my recent order placed of external HDD.
Books is still okay, less packaging wont harm it, byt HDD if not bubble packed will go for a toss for sure.
Expecting the delivery in 2 days, will update like wise later.
Don't worry my friend ordered an external hdd, he got it in proper packing.. Fulfilled by Amazon..

Yupp got the HDD today, and it was fairly packed. Gift pack was free so i had choosed it to see how it goes.
3g0ktEO.jpg

iiygezc.jpg?1

qoeSGUd.jpg?1

wZyaixR.jpg?1

Last edited:
Back