Amazon delivery commitment issues

tkin

Adept
Hi Guys,

I've been purchasing stuff from Amazon for some time and I am seeing that Amazon has some serious issues with Delivery Commitment. Unlike ebay or flipkart they commit a very early date for delivery and then ship the item via some cheap courier which misses the delivery date most of the times.

Take for example I recently purchased a Razor and a pack of Blades from amazon. Purchased both on 22nd September.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story 1: The Pack of Blades:

They shipped the blades via Ecom Express, expected by 29th September. Never heard of them. Committed a delivery date of 29th September. Of course didn't get it. Last status update was on 24th September, still in Bhiwandi. No more updates. Tomorrow Amazon will show delayed and I'll have to wait with no status for who knows how long.

Amazon Status:
eo2aJjo.jpg

Ecom Status:
fXUPuHJ.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story 2: The Razor:

The shipped the Razor via Gati, expected by 1st October. They took 3 days to uploadthe tracking number in their system. Gati also showed guaranteed delivery by 30th September in their website. So far they were right on track. Then today the item reached Kolkata. After 8 hrs later they showed that the item is in Behragora. That's in freaking Jharkhand. Not West Bengal. So somehow they screwed up the tracking or the item actually reached Jharkhand by road. No idea what happened.

Amazon Status:
VKuVXdK.jpg

Gati Status:
dFypWDN.jpg

Worst part is both the items are paid in advance and I'm yet to receive them. Better to have gone for COD. Amazon gives very good deals but their deliveries suck. All of them. Blue dart screwed up delivery last month, this month both Ecom and Gati screwed up, in different ways.

I feel amazon has some serious issues with Delivery and these needs to be addressed. It seems the money spent by flipkart on their shipping infrastructure was not in vain. Flipkart so far has not missed even a single delivery for me.

I don't care if they took 7 days to delivery. At least commit the correct time frame. Instead of committing an impossible timeframe, commit an expected and realistic timeframe, like 7 working days or something and fine the seller like ebay if they fail to deliver. They should stop using pathetic couriers like Gati, or Ecom (wonder where they popped up from)

PS: Both items are from TigeRetail and fulfilled by Amazon.

Yup, even my package shipped by Ecom is delayed. One was delivered on time (on 28th). The other was also supposed to be delivered on 28, but it's out for delivery today.

Amazon has even started listing spurious stuff on their website. I was shopping for some whey protein on their website where I saw some very competitively priced ON whey. Reviews revealed that it was fake. Last month I bought a boom box from them which never worked. Worst of all, my friend bought a Blackberry Q10 from them which was supposed to carry manufacturer warranty. On receiving the package, we learnt that it is a grey market product which is meant for some middle eastern country.

On the contrary, Ecom express has been brilliant for me. I usually buy from snapdeal or amazon and both the companies use ecom. I have been receiving shipments since 2013 via ecom and sometimes they deliver it within 24 hours. Plus they deliver on Sunday too, which is a great plus.

Finally got the items after screaming at the CC. Ecom has the worst tracking, one day Bhivandi, next update out for delivery. Gati on the other hand sent my stuff to Jharkhand on the way to kolkata.

Orders which are fulfilled by Amazon but are still facing problems is going to harm their site. Didn't expect this from Amazon. If the sellers and delivery are both this bad then Amazon must be desperate to compete with FK, SD purely on the number of sellers.

Back