Always on System for software/app

Hi !
Was looking to set up a always on system something like the raspberry pi 3 or a android box. Want it to just run couple of walkie talkie apps like Voxer and Plumble so can talk to folks at home or make announcements !
I currently use one of the old phone for this purpose but the problem is gets turned off if i forget to charge it.

Incase I get a cheap android box which is available for under 2k, how do i control it without hooking it to tv each time ?

hi Vivek ! Always a delight to see your replies. Sorry for the late reply..
Will try them out. Are they any good after long time of inactivity ? I never tried with android.

hi Vivek ! Always a delight to see your replies. Sorry for the late reply..
Will try them out. Are they any good after long time of inactivity ? I never tried with android.

For a RPi, SSH will allow you to control almost anything via command line hence will work for sure. However, for the Android box, Teamviewer host should work, as long as its powerful enough. You might need to sideload the app.

the problem is gets turned off if i forget to charge it.
Get a low battery notification app ? Assuming that keeping it plugged in all the time isn't an option...

Seems like with your requirements, raspberry pi 'may' require additional mic and speakers , driving its cost too high

Last edited:
One good reason android box or Raspberry is I dont have to charge them at all and can system is up all the time. So even if device restarts can again start app remotely.

Back