Car & Bike Alto steering wheel gets locked after holding it in a single position for a while

ontherocks

Disciple
My Alto steering wheel kind of gets locked after holding it in a single position, mostly the straight wheel position for a while.
Say I am driving down a straight road for a while (approx a minute) with the wheel in the straight position. After that when I try to turn it, I find it somewhat locked in that position. I have to apply some force to turn it and then its unlocks and lets loose and hence turns more that that's required. What could be the reason?
PS: Its has power steering.

Why don't you take your car to the nearest MS service station and get it checked? Better late than never.

You could also show it to a local (trusted) car mechanic.

You don't want it to pose a problem for too long...

1. Check Power Steering Fluid ( when engine is cold.)

2. Any central locking / ignition lock set-up ? (chances that it slides in lock position while driving ) ?

my old zen started showing similar problem and dad took it too maruti service centre.

they told him that he brought it just in time, more driving in this condition would result in power steering failure which would set me back by 50k :p

i dont remember what was the exact problem but it did not cost anything above 2k as far as i can remember.

so hurry!!

Back