Budget 15-20K All round vfm phone - 18k

khaleelda1

Disciple
Hello all,

Had been waiting for redmi note 4 for quite a while now but was really disappointed by the camera quality. ..
Not that I'm complaining at the given price point, but would like to have a better camera. ...extending budget upto 18k
  1. Questions:-
    1. Budget?
    A: INR 18k-20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
    A: 5.5" 401 ppi is the norm I guess in this range. ...

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
    A: latest the better

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
    A: 4g

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
    A: Dont want to experiment with new brands. Even with xiaomi im very very skeptical, as I've seen two cases within my friend circle which had to be just abandoned because the service center dint have the parts!!!! Omg! Reliability is of prime concern for me .

2. 6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
    A: mostly internet movies basic calling.

3. 7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
    A: Dual. Even if only 1 supports 4g it should suffice

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
    A: New. Slightly inclined towards offline due to shortage of time. No flash sales please.

9. Any other requirements?
    A: overall good specs - functionality. Looks and premium feel not at all a factor.
  4. Should have decent a.s.s

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
    A: Moto g4+ moto m are obvious choices. ..but not very sure.

Yes honor 6x is on my mind.
But I have no idea about Huawei. ...service ..reliability etc
Can some one comment on that please.

Comparing iphone 6s camera with g4 is way out of line. ...I'll have my doubts even if some website does put these two together.

PS - slight turn of events I might be buying two phones ( ....in sickness and health, and shopping! !!!). If so, don't want to buy same ones. Honor 6x bring considered as the second one.

Any comments on the lenovo z2 plus??[DOUBLEPOST=1487749938][/DOUBLEPOST]
How about Honor 6x. I think this has better camera than Redmi Note 4. The battery though is in 3k mAh range.

ANY camera is better than RN4!! :p

Specs and reviews put g4 and honor 6x on the same level. Even the pricing is same.
What I need to know is the experience, ..lagging issues, heating issues, updates, service centers, parts, repair ability, cost of such repairs, camera sharpness, NOISE, threshold of highlights and shadows etc..[DOUBLEPOST=1487751408][/DOUBLEPOST]Why are they confusing the customers! !!
On8 j7 j7 prime on nxt..!!!
All almost same in specs price performance...samsung trying the old "if you cant convince them , confuse them" strategy! ![DOUBLEPOST=1487798915][/DOUBLEPOST]Yikes!! Whats with all the negative reviews on Moto g4 plus on Amazon! !!!
Over heating, ghost touch, sticky screen! !!!

Amazon return policy on moto seems pathetic too.

:([DOUBLEPOST=1487824677][/DOUBLEPOST]Decided to go with moto g4 plus.

Spending extra 4-5 k does not offer any ralative incremental value (imho)

Not comfortable buying an amazon. Will look for Motorola authorised dealers here in mysore.

Btw what are the differences buying from a authorised dealer vs some retail shop (with proper bill)

Last edited:
If you can wait a few months for the Mi 6 to release, then the Mi 5 which is 23,000 now should get a big price cut, and if it does it'll be a compelling buy. I'm hoping that it gets priced the same as the Mi 4 is now, and if it does I'll be buying it.

Back