Budget 15-20K All round vfm phone - 18k

khaleelda1

Disciple
Hello all,

Had been waiting for redmi note 4 for quite a while now but was really disappointed by the camera quality. ..
Not that I'm complaining at the given price point, but would like to have a better camera. ...extending budget upto 18k
  1. Questions:-
    1. Budget?
    A: INR 18k-20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
    A: 5.5" 401 ppi is the norm I guess in this range. ...

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
    A: latest the better

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
    A: 4g

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
    A: Dont want to experiment with new brands. Even with xiaomi im very very skeptical, as I've seen two cases within my friend circle which had to be just abandoned because the service center dint have the parts!!!! Omg! Reliability is of prime concern for me .

2. 6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
    A: mostly internet movies basic calling.

3. 7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
    A: Dual. Even if only 1 supports 4g it should suffice

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
    A: New. Slightly inclined towards offline due to shortage of time. No flash sales please.

9. Any other requirements?
    A: overall good specs - functionality. Looks and premium feel not at all a factor.
  4. Should have decent a.s.s

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
    A: Moto g4+ moto m are obvious choices. ..but not very sure.

The only downside for Moto M mentioned everywhere is mediatek as against snapdragon. ..how much of a difference does this really make?? No matter how much I wish to, I don't see myself going for custom roms. Other than that what is the issue.

Lenovo z2 plus everyone is talking about it having lots of issues without actually mentioning what exact issues.

Any website / forum with real world camera comparisons for these models I'm considering.

Moto g4+ 16gb for 10.5k
Would the 16gb ram be a constraint for daily use browsing/light apps?

The only downside for Moto M mentioned everywhere is mediatek as against snapdragon. ..how much of a difference does this really make?? No matter how much I wish to, I don't see myself going for custom roms. Other than that what is the issue.

Lenovo z2 plus everyone is talking about it having lots of issues without actually mentioning what exact issues.

Any website / forum with real world camera comparisons for these models I'm considering.

Moto g4+ 16gb for 10.5k
Would the 16gb ram be a constraint for daily use browsing/light apps?
Problem with mediatek processors arrive when one year down the road, the updates stop coming and you phone starts to lag. After few weeks, you are fed up and try to install new roms when you find out that rom support isn't that good since mediatek is awful in releasing kernal sources.[DOUBLEPOST=1487597356][/DOUBLEPOST]

frankly Im in the same boat. I'm looking for a decent phone with good camera software support under 20k but not able to find it. LG G4 has bootloop issues on older models which require hardware level repair. And its not easy to confirm on ebay whether you'll receive that particular model number or not. Plus G4 battery life is atrocious.

Lg g5 has no root yet so thats' a no go for me. Plus it will surely attract customs if you order it from aliexpress[DOUBLEPOST=1487603428][/DOUBLEPOST]My best advise is you save 10k more and get onplus 3T or get redmi note 4 and be done with it

I was looking for a similar phone and haven't found anything -
Moto G4+ : Best camera in 15k range hands down but horrendous after sales service (my experience) and questionable reliability (based on Amazon verified reviews).
Redmi Note 4 : Poor camera and questionable reliability (encased Redmi Note 3 earpiece stopped working after dropping off a bed).
LG G4 and other older flagships : No official updates and custom ROMs aren't always the most reliable.
Galaxy A7 : Will be priced way over the 20k budget.

you can always borrow someones SC card and pay them. flat 3k off is a good deal finally. if you buy with emi on interest of 12 months u also get 2500 amazon pay cashback which nullifies interest as well. so for 27k op3t is well worth it though i find 5.5 inch phones too big personally. 5.2 is the sweet spot like on s7/iphone /pixel.

try waiting for moto g5 plus and galaxy a7 2017

Yipes! Waiting is not an option. Also g5 is rumoured to have a smaller screen and only 2gb option.

fyi now op3t is for ~ 27k with emi offer as well

That's way way off my budget! I see what you are saying. ...I too had a thought to buy any sub 10k phone for now. ...wait up ...save up.....and take a leap!

I was looking for a similar phone and haven't found anything -
Moto G4+ : Best camera in 15k range hands down but horrendous after sales service (my experience) and questionable reliability (based on Amazon verified reviews).
Redmi Note 4 : Poor camera and questionable reliability (encased Redmi Note .......

True! So that puts me back to square one. ....moto g4 plus! :(
Don't know where I saw a 16gb version for 10.5k...can't find it now.

frankly Im in the same boat. I'm looking for a decent phone with good camera software support under 20k but not able to find it. LG G4 has bootloop issues on older models which require hardware level repair. And its not easy to confirm on ............................... or get redmi note 4 and be done with it

Yup that's how it's gonna end I fear. Just wanted to double check on the forum. Thanks for explaining the mediatek situation. Although I still feel it wont affect me.... you see im running a s3 and mote e for the past 3 years or so with NO single update!! Factory resets a couple of times, and thats that. So for me I believe it will not be much of concern. Still..

Thanks for pointing out.
Touchwiz and kies kept me away from Samsung phones, maybe things have changed . Will check them out.

But spec wise they (on nxt and j7) hardly offer anything more the the g4 plus! Am I missing out anything?

Thanks for pointing out.
Touchwiz and kies kept me away from Samsung phones, maybe things have changed . Will check them out.

But spec wise they (on nxt and j7) hardly offer anything more the the g4 plus! Am I missing out anything?
amoled screen. Better service. Cam could be better but i have never seen a g4plus cam. Btw i have never used kies in my 3 years of using samsung phone.

The Moto G4+ has a score of 84 on DxoMark. Mi 5, which has the same sensor as OnePlus 3 has a score of 79. Though I haven't seen reviews comparing these, Moto G4+ camera reviews seem to be pretty good.
Will check out Samsung On / Nxt series as my experience with their service is better.

The Moto G4+ has a score of 84 on DxoMark. Mi 5, which has the same sensor as OnePlus 3 has a score of 79. Though I haven't seen reviews comparing these, Moto G4+ camera reviews seem to be pretty good.
Will check out Samsung On / Nxt series as my experience with their service is better.
dunno how they test but a bit hard to believe the moto g4 + has a better cam than the iphone 6s. before pixel starting referencing this test most people had never even heard of this dxomark ratings. 6s takes pretty awesome pics and im not sure the moto is even close. can any g4+ owners confirm is it really that good a cam ?

Back