Video All channels free on TataSky till 31st May

6pack

ex-Mod
Starting today, all the channels are free on TataSky no matter which pack you've subscribed to. Even the HD specials (Star World premiere & 2 HBO channels) are free. Only till 31st May 2015.

Will watch the HD channels on my CRT TV. For teh lulz!!!

PS: That 21' CRT TV is the only TV in our house.

Will watch the HD channels on my CRT TV. For teh lulz!!!

PS: That 21' CRT TV is the only TV in our house.

FK was having an exchange offer on old TVs. You could have got around 1k off on your old CRT and got a new 32"/40" for 14-20k. All the micromax and vu tvs were on sale at really low prices.
If you try to sell your old TV to electronic shop they won't give more than 500 now. Even the raddhi walas dont take old TV's cause they don't get anything from them apart from the pcb.

Good news man. Just checked that and yes indeed its FREE!!!:cool:[DOUBLEPOST=1431256654][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW whats there motive behind this free way??
Must be hiking rates off all packs and channels by next month or what..:arghh:

FK was having an exchange offer on old TVs. You could have got around 1k off on your old CRT and got a new 32"/40" for 14-20k. All the micromax and vu tvs were on sale at really low prices.
If you try to sell your old TV to electronic shop they won't give more than 500 now. Even the raddhi walas dont take old TV's cause they don't get anything from them apart from the pcb.

FK doesnt deliver to Amritsar.
And I have no desire of getting an LCD/LED.

Good news man. Just checked that and yes indeed its FREE!!!:cool:[DOUBLEPOST=1431256654][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW whats there motive behind this free way??
Must be hiking rates off all packs and channels by next month or what..:arghh:

It's free because of the trouble people got when they were upgrading their system.

Yes, it was a nightmare at my place! Those morons should offer free subscription for a year to make up! My TV was out for an entire week and the idiots REFUNDED me three days worth of balance! And average call center wait times are 30 mins! And above this they have cut my call at 20 mins wait time stating congestion! Damn!

The title is misleading. All channels are not free. You will be continued to be charged for your regular subscription. Only the additional channels are free.

Lol! The title is pretty enough a common sense itself.
You are asking for free subscription in short. No provider will ever offer that.

And BTW such comments does makes a bad day for somebody.

Lol! The title is pretty enough a common sense itself.
You are asking for free subscription in short. No provider will ever offer that.

And BTW such comments does makes a bad day for somebody.
The title is misleading whether you agree to it or not. And I am not asking for anything. I don't care about the offer. My post was about the misleading title and not whether Tata Sky was giving a just compensation or not. You didn't get that and tried to make me out to be someone who was being illogical and unjust by trying to get something for free.
So please read properly before you point a finger at someone else.
And no it's not common sense when one reads 'All Channels are free' to deduce that all channels are not free.

As for my post turning your day into a bad one, maybe you'll think twice before pointing a finger at someone else next time.

Again, if you still haven't gotten the gist of my original post, it is about the misleading title and not about venting about my frustration of an unjust compensation, considering I have Airtel as my primary DTH service provider.

Tata Sky support is horrible and so is their SD picture quality. The amount of compression they apply is more than all other DTH providers. Had them for two years and then decided to switch. Never again will I go back.

Didn't realize I had to have HD box.
It said free.
Fortunately, we have a HD box for our 14" CRT at our village where I am right now. Checked out HD channels and there is not even 0.1% difference between SD and HD visible on a CRT (which was expected). Kinda miss the old CRT days especially when some content I wanna watch is on a SD channel.

Then why you bothered about tata sky when you are an airtel subscriber?
This forum is a means of information dissemination. So if I were to find some info which was wrong/misleading, it is my duty to try and point it out.
And again, read the part you have quoted. Airtel is my primary DTH service provider and Tata Sky is my secondary service provider (at my village). So when I saw the promo on TV, I thought it would be nice to correct any misleading info at a forum I visit regularly.
And even if I wasn't a subscriber of Tata Sky, I wouldn't be in the wrong to correct any misleading information I come across.

Back