All about ads (adsense and others)

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Does anyone know how google adsense works? If its effective and really beneficial? I heard about some people who suddenly stopped receiving money.
Or any other form of online advertising. Such as those video ads embedded on youtube vids.
I have a youtube account with over 650000 views from all over the world (mainly U.S.) and 1.5k subsribers.
Thought i should try to make some money off of it with ads if possible (even though i hate ads on vids).

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2490020?hl=en
"The best way to ensure you’ll be able to monetize your YouTube videos is to create all elements of the video yourself" so what about vids which i dont create them myself? Can i still put them to use or will it result in insta-ban? I mean there are thousands and thousands of vids which people dont make themselves but still have ads on them? or is google putting the ads without account holder's knowledge?
All help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Pm me link to your youtube a/c , i also make money from youtube adsense , with 650000 you already missed out on a lot of money[DOUBLEPOST=1437996252][/DOUBLEPOST]If those videos were legal

I have a youtube account with over 650000 views from all over the world (mainly U.S.) and 1.5k subsribers.
Thought i should try to make some money off of it with ads if possible (even though i hate ads on vids).

What niche does your YouTube channel belong to? Please provide a link if you can or send it via PM.

"The best way to ensure you’ll be able to monetize your YouTube videos is to create all elements of the video yourself" so what about vids which i dont create them myself? Can i still put them to use or will it result in insta-ban?

Nope! You can't monetize them.

I mean there are thousands and thousands of vids which people dont make themselves but still have ads on them?
This is how people suddenly stop receiving money as you stated in your post. Its just a matter of reporting those videos to Google/owner for copyright infringement and pretty soon the video, YouTube channel along with all associated AdSense accounts are banned.

Pm me link to your youtube a/c , i also make money from youtube adsense , with 650000 you already missed out on a lot of money[DOUBLEPOST=1437996252][/DOUBLEPOST]If those videos were legal
lol two of my videos were taken down a few years ago. i think that it was because it contains the trademark/logos of the other company.
PS: they are just episode vids.
This is how people suddenly stop receiving money as you stated in your post. Its just a matter of reporting those videos to Google/owner for copyright infringement and pretty soon the video, YouTube channel along with all associated AdSense accounts are banned.
Including non-youtube sites like blogs? Thanks for the reply. I think that i now understand.
I do have original posts in my blog though and are writing many more on games and anime and reviews and what not (just not published).

"two of my videos were taken down a few years ago. i think that it was because it contains the trademark/logos of the other company."
forgot to add that the rest of my videos are safe and still getting views everyday.
I hope this doesn't go against the rules of this forum on you-know-what but i was thinking that maybe one way to "bypass" this infringement is censor out the trademark logos and names. I checked out a lot of similar channels and many of them dont contain the beginning/ending themes (which usually have the copyright materials) and only contain the main part. Just a thought.

Bumping this.
Q1. Has anyone actually made any money off of adsense/youtube ads?
I noticed that my account was eligible for monetization and my adsense application has also been approved. Enabled monetization now with one ad (leaderboard 400x90) just to test it.
I have nearly 4000 subs and my total views is nearing 3M. Just wondering how much it will make from these numbers and if they affect the ad revenue. I'm guessing the ad revenue will actually start only from this point.
But my videos are actually not eligible for monetization since they have copyrighted content. :D

Q2. Is there any way i can trim down the videos from the youtube's inbuilt studio settings? Need to crop out some part as they have trademarked property (logos).

Q3. I see that I'm a "Youtube Partner" with verified tick near by profile pic but when i click the account from a standard point of view i don't have this "verified" tick. Any idea why?

Last edited:
Back