Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

I personally feel there's some brotherly relation between AE and Kolkata. If it was Mumbai or anywhere down south it takes 30+ days even though it comes via Kolkata.

LoL! I think even if it clears Customs in Kolkata fast enough, the transfer from Kolkata to Mumbai often takes a long time?

Hello, Experienced Members - Please suggest what to do in this situation?

Today I received an item which values $97, The product arrived safely (without any other problem) but out of the box some core accessories missing. It is not mandatory to have those missing accessories to make this product worked...but those may add some sparkle to the product. In fact, I'm very much impressed even without them...but at the end feel cheated in my mind. Contacted the seller but no reply as of yet...probably not get any.

Don't want to claim Dispute, in that case, I need to send it back which needless to say a very painful process and there is no guarantee the product will reach to the seller. Here hassle is big and the outcome is not.

Is it worth to give One Star Feedback to the seller? The product no way faulty but seller lack of any kind of Quality Control Pre Delivery Check.

What to do?

Wait for the seller to get back ... Since you messaged him only today. If those accessories are part of the sale, then ask him to send those accessories separately. Most of the sellers will honor that, or refund small amount so that you can buy locally. If he's not giving any of these options, then raise dispute and choose partial refund option telling you do not have option to ship back electronic items as no courier accepts the same.

Today I received an item which values $97, The product arrived safely (without any other problem) but out of the box some core accessories missing. It is not mandatory to have those missing accessories to make this product worked...but those may add some sparkle to the product. In fact, I'm very much impressed even without them...but at the end feel cheated in my mind. Contacted the seller but no reply as of yet...probably not get any.

Don't want to claim Dispute, in that case, I need to send it back which needless to say a very painful process and there is no guarantee the product will reach to the seller. Here hassle is big and the outcome is not.

Is it worth to give One Star Feedback to the seller? The product no way faulty but seller lack of any kind of Quality Control Pre Delivery Check.

What to do?
wait for the seller to get back

What to do?
You can open dispute... its not always that u have to return.

You are bound to get partial refund or the necessary missing items.
The items may not be of any use or anything but if its shown on the product page then you are suppose to get it.
Eg: if with a toy car they show bundled stickers then I will fight for those stickers as well as I assume its a part of the complete package irrespective of the relation with the main commodity as it was displayed on the product page.

If anything is displayed as a bundle and or is to be selected as a mandatory selection during checkout there's no way me as a customer will let it go.

Till now received 2 shipments which I had ordered during the recent AliX Anniversary Sale. 2 more packages pending.

I had ordered a faux leather watch travel carry case, that's the one I'm worried about since it's a little big than the regular small packages. Price was below $20 so lets see how it goes.

This is why I'm not particularly fond of China Post Registered Air Mail:

Capture.jpg

11 straight days without any updates. Singapore Post is so much better and faster.

Update regarding my orders: One got cleared today from Customs which I should receive next week. The order for which I posted the screenshot above finally arrived and is "Awaiting Presentation to Customs Commissioner".

How is everyone else's orders progressing?

How is everyone else's orders progressing?

Ordered 5 items during Aniversary Sale price from $9 to $97, three of them using Singapore Post which all delivered by 15th April before Bengali New Year. Two of them using China Post Registered Airmail which are Custom Evaluations during Bengali New Year and followed by Good Friday which leads to stuck for one week, but now remaining two packages delivered beginning of this week i'e Tuesday 23rd.

All ordered item received without any problems.

Ordered 5 items during Aniversary Sale price from $9 to $97, three of them using Singapore Post which all delivered by 15th April before Bengali New Year. Two of them using China Post Registered Airmail which are Custom Evaluations during Bengali New Year and followed by Good Friday which leads to stuck for one week, but now remaining two packages delivered beginning of this week i'e Tuesday 23rd.

All ordered item received without any problems.

It's good to know that you received all your orders. No duty on the $97 item I hope? was it an electronic product? I received a parcel that cleared Customs yesterday. The China Post Registered Airmail is up for clearance.

Will be ordering a Parnis watch over the weekend. It's $99 so we'll see how that goes.

It's good to know that you received all your orders. No duty on the $97 item I hope? was it an electronic product? I received a parcel that cleared Customs yesterday. The China Post Registered Airmail is up for clearance.

Will be ordering a Parnis watch over the weekend. It's $99 so we'll see how that goes.

Yes, All product comes without any duty, the item is an IEM which is electronic without battery category...not only that there is another IEM price 44 USD 41 USD land at the same day via Singapore Post from another seller......totally devastated. But thank god both items clear individually in different times of the day.
Also bought a cheap mechanical watch to test AliExpress custom clearance capability for watches - this one via China post which stays there for more than one week.

BGVP DMG $97
1nwtNWB.jpg

Fiio F9 SE $44 $41
X79EtXC.jpg

4gO8Rg7.jpg

NPy11wa.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, All product comes without any duty, the item is an IEM which is electronic without battery category...not only that there is another IEM price $44 land at the same day via Singapore Post from another seller......totally devastated. But thank god both items clear individually in different times of the day.
Also bought a cheap mechanical watch to test AliExpress custom clearance capability for watches - this one via China post which stays there for more than one week.

BGVP DMG $97
1nwtNWB.jpg

Fiio F9 SE $44
X79EtXC.jpg

4gO8Rg7.jpg

NPy11wa.jpg

Congratulations on the new IEM's and the Starking. Very happy to hear that none of them attracted Customs Duties.

I have ordered many watches from AliExpress over the last 2 years. Fortunately no duties levied till now. I'll be ordering one more next week again, can't get enough of these Chinese automatic movement watches. :D

Just today saw a new option on AliEx for shipping to India -

Ship to India via GATI (7-15 days for delivery, no tracking)
d7935925d5ed3610e6584eca5fd13149.jpg

Wow this is very good news, hope this spreads to most items now. Also, what kind of product was this, electronic?

In the meantime another of my shipments is now awaiting Customs Clearance in Kolkata. It's a slightly larger shipment so I'm a little worried. We'll see how it goes.

Wow this is very good news, hope this spreads to most items now. Also, what kind of product was this, electronic?

In the meantime another of my shipments is now awaiting Customs Clearance in Kolkata. It's a slightly larger shipment so I'm a little worried. We'll see how it goes.
I forgot the type of item. I was just going through the provided suggestions and this caught my eye!

Please note,

GATI at Alix means quick delivery only but it still goes through customs instead of Kolkata it will be Delhi.
If needed they will open package and custom will be charged if needed.... Nothing like Priority Line of GB.

Ordered couple of Gold plated Nakamichi Banana plug long ago, Delhi customs open and checked as it's resemble to bullet.

Last edited:
Ordered a cable from Aliexpress. Shipped on 16th April via China Post, the package reached Kolkata on 21st April but there is no update on IndiaPost website since 22nd April. The destination is Hyderabad but the tracking shows next office as Mumbai. Not sure what's going on here.

Back