Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Seems tracking for 'China Post Oridnary Small Packet Plus' have stopped updating. Been ages since it has been updated for order placed in October :p

Seems tracking for 'China Post Oridnary Small Packet Plus' have stopped updating. Been ages since it has been updated for order placed in October :p
Yea, even for me! Out of 4 things ordered, 2 have been delivered already (with status staying the same) and there's no update on the other two!

I had ordered a watch on the 26th of November. Received it through free Standard AliExpress Shipping (Singapore Post) on the 8th of December. Yes, 12 days flat! This so far has been the quickest delivery for any of my shipments from Aliexpress till date.

Also, the price of the watch was $90 and the seller had declared $20 on the package. No duty was levied. :)

Here are the tracking updates from the India Post website:

Capture.jpg

One query. I'm about to order 5-6 items in one go, some from same sellers and rest from across sellers. Item value $5-30$ each.
What if coincidentally few or all items arrive at customs on very same day. (will order via Standard AliExpress Shipping).

Will the customs go suspicious about bulk orders in various packets with differential price values? Will it still levy duties for the items may on bulk or individual basis?

I hope so much of disclosures do not enrage the customs deptt.
I never under-estimate them.

Till now they are turning a blind eye on AliExpress shipments and don't really seem to bother about the rampant price undervaluation that they full well know happens with these shipments. Also, it's difficult to ascertains prices on certain Chinese products by simply Googling. I heard from someone that they might start slapping small amounts of duty starting January next year but it could very well be just a rumor.

One query. I'm about to order 5-6 items in one go, some from same sellers and rest from across sellers. Item value $5-30$ each.
What if coincidentally few or all items arrive at customs on very same day. (will order via Standard AliExpress Shipping).

Will the customs go suspicious about bulk orders in various packets with differential price values? Will it still levy duties for the items may on bulk or individual basis?

I have had multiple (3-4) shipments containing different items ordered in a same time-frame hit the Customs Department for clearance together. All of them got cleared and didn't get stung by Customs. Mostly with free AliExpress Standard Shipping you have slim chances of attracting duty unless the packages are very large and attract a lot of attention. Can't say what will happen then. Letter type shipments (including medium sized boxes and envelopes/ pouches) should be just fine.

Well I order around more than 300$ order recenttly and also place the 80$, no issue at all but for UAE. And I now if you order 60$ or more than that it comes under aliexpressdirect shipping so all the order will club and send it together in on parcel and recevied the item via Aramex. For my now the Aliexpress working fine I had issue with one order and which I fight for more than 2 months than I got the refund. But now they intriduced the Aliexpress direct so if that product comes under this shipping label so all the items will club and tracking will be there, so I added all the item waiting for sale and purchased it.

One of my shipments shipped via China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus. even though I properly selected China Post Air Mail during item selection.

upload_2018-12-11_21-53-59.png

Here is what it says on my order page: China Post Air Mail
upload_2018-12-11_21-54-37.png

Shall I escalate this to seller or AE?

As I have paid extra for the tracking and still seller shipped it via untraceable courier.

Also the provided tracking site is totally in Chinese with no option for English. Even chrome is only able to translate it partially with important info still in Chinese.

http://intmail.11185.cn/zdxt/yjcx/[DOUBLEPOST=1544546325][/DOUBLEPOST]I shot a message at the seller and have asked to re-ship the item via proper shipping method else refund me the shipping amount.

Last edited:
One of my shipments shipped via China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus. even though I properly selected China Post Air Mail during item selection.

View attachment 77878

View attachment 77879

As I have paid extra for the tracking and still seller shipped it via untraceable courier.

Also the provided tracking site is totally in Chinese with no option for English. Even chrome is only able to translate it partially with important info still in Chinese.

http://intmail.11185.cn/zdxt/yjcx/[DOUBLEPOST=1544546325][/DOUBLEPOST]I shot a message at the seller and have asked to re-ship the item via proper shipping method else refund me the shipping amount.
Yes open dispute

View attachment 77878

View attachment 77879

wtf! same man, I paid 2.4$ extra for aliexpress standard shipping but the guy sent via china post ordinary small packet plus.

what does it say in china post tracking page? It shows " Aliexpress flat business" under mail type

i got the 2 packets i ordered 2 weeks ago using AliX shipping with no duties. The other 3 from yanwen and singapore 4px still pending since october

wtf! same man, I paid 2.4$ extra for aliexpress standard shipping but the guy sent via china post ordinary small packet plus.

what does it say in china post tracking page? It shows " Aliexpress flat business" under mail type
You mean for your tracking it shows
"Aliexpress flat business"?

Google and you will find some users faced similar issues and while raising dispute AE has removed "Wrong shipping method" option so confusion over dispute as well in which proper category to open dispute. Dispute also can only be opened after 10 days of ordering.

** Can somebody check going through the steps for raising a dispute just to check if the "Wrong shipping method" is made available again?? Dont raise dispute just go through the steps and confirm. It will be a big relief for us.

My parcel status is this...

2018-12-12 09_52_20-Track Consignment.png

Can anyone tell me if this means it has Cleared Customs or it will be checked by Customs in Mumbai ? The time between receipt at Kolkata and next event seems just 4 Hours which is I feel unusual but seasoned AE buyers here know better.

My parcel status is this...

View attachment 77899

Can anyone tell me if this means it has Cleared Customs or it will be checked by Customs in Mumbai ? The time between receipt at Kolkata and next event seems just 4 Hours which is I feel unusual but seasoned AE buyers here know better.

It has mostly cleared Customs in Kolkata. Shouldn't get delayed in Mumbai again. This from my experience. If I order shipments through Hong Kong post then it lands in Delhi and clears Customs there. Once it comes to Kolkata, it gets delivered next day. No delays with "Awaiting presentation to Customs Commissioner" as is typical when the shipment lands directly in Kolkata (such as with Singapore Post).

It has mostly cleared Customs in Kolkata. Shouldn't get delayed in Mumbai again. This from my experience. If I order shipments through Hong Kong post then it lands in Delhi and clears Customs there. Once it comes to Kolkata, it gets delivered next day. No delays with "Awaiting presentation to Customs Commissioner" as is typical when the shipment lands directly in Kolkata (such as with Singapore Post).
If you see tracking carefully it's not been forwarded to Customs (CED) at Kolkata.

My shipment arrived in India on 5th. Still stuck with customs. Not sure this was India post delay or Customs delay or this is due to RSS complaints regarding aliexpress and other chinese sites.

upload_2018-12-13_13-20-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-13_13-19-18.png
    upload_2018-12-13_13-19-18.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 160
Back