Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Lol cool. Now even the customs at Kolkata might know you very well as almost every week something arrive for your address. So they must be like approving all your parcels blind eyed.

LoL! Most of the shipments have been letter sized and marked as medium value thus so far been smooth sailing. Did you order the PC components you said you would mate?

Receive my package (second order) from AE using AE Standard Shipping, Package Actual Value was 21$ - Kolkata Custom Clear it almost instantly - They made entry at Saturday and cleared it Monday - Reached to me at Tuesday by the local peon.

hnltkox.png

BTW:-
Anyhow ordered something valuable (under $150) at Banggood dot com for the first time using 'India Direct Mail'. Let's see how it goes.
Their order processing and shipping label generation are very very fast though.

LoL! Most of the shipments have been letter sized and marked as medium value thus so far been smooth sailing. Did you order the PC components you said you would mate?
Nope. It was a gaming keyboard. Sadly it won't fit into my table as for dimensions so didnt ordered.

Like our flipkart and Amazon sale, they have increased price of every single item, some of item that I bought last month has less value then upcoming sell price..

Yes I noticed that as well! Almost all the prices have been spiked up for now with the upcoming sale period prices mentioned as well.

Btw, can you tell me... do I have to place the product that I want in my cart before the actual sale starts on the 28th? Will the discounted rate show up only then or can I just normally buy it on the day of the sale?

Btw, can you tell me... do I have to place the product that I want in my cart before the actual sale starts on the 28th? Will the discounted rate show up only then or can I just normally buy it on the day of the sale?

Product in cart price will automatically reduced on 28 sale day, so add products you want to order in cart now, or make wishlist and order it on 28

I had ordered couple of HDMI cables on 6th March. Normally they reach me within 2 weeks in HK if its AliExpress Standard shipping. Everything went normal for 3-4 days with me getting a tracking details which were traceable. However, something was fishy as my shipment was stuck on "Waiting for pick up". On 7th March, I had ordered one watch too. Tracking for that was moving on expected lines.

On 20th March, shipping status was updated to "shipment cancelled". I contacted seller for HDMI cables' shipment. He said, he is not sure why this got cancelled and suggested me to order again but not to pay, communicate order ID to him, he will set price to $0.01 which I should pay and he would ship it again. I asked him to simply ship my items again. But he says "for that you have to reorder". I also read up on web about "shipment cancelled" status. Quite some pointed to possible fraud. Today morning at around 10.30, I raised dispute with screenshot of tracking info and conversation with seller. Within 3 hours refund was approved and currently it in processing.

I had ordered couple of HDMI cables on 6th March. Normally they reach me within 2 weeks in HK if its AliExpress Standard shipping. Everything went normal for 3-4 days with me getting a tracking details which were traceable. However, something was fishy as my shipment was stuck on "Waiting for pick up". On 7th March, I had ordered one watch too. Tracking for that was moving on expected lines.

On 20th March, shipping status was updated to "shipment cancelled". I contacted seller for HDMI cables' shipment. He said, he is not sure why this got cancelled and suggested me to order again but not to pay, communicate order ID to him, he will set price to $0.01 which I should pay and he would ship it again. I asked him to simply ship my items again. But he says "for that you have to reorder". I also read up on web about "shipment cancelled" status. Quite some pointed to possible fraud. Today morning at around 10.30, I raised dispute with screenshot of tracking info and conversation with seller. Within 3 hours refund was approved and currently it in processing.

Generally, they update a wrong tracking number just to adhere to aliexpress policy I guess. It had happened a few times and all the time I got a revised tracking number.

Generally, they update a wrong tracking number just to adhere to aliexpress policy I guess. It had happened a few times and all the time I got a revised tracking number.

Yes but in this case, seller wanted me to reorder item, not pay for order and he would change order total amount. I do not know how he could change order amount for one particular order ID. In anyway, this is ethically incorrect behavior.

Yes but in this case, seller wanted me to reorder item, not pay for order and he would change order total amount. I do not know how he could change order amount for one particular order ID. In anyway, this is ethically incorrect behavior.
Interesting. It is unethical. Could you elaborate on the scam therein? As to how the seller gets to benefit from it.

also in case you didn't get the 2nd order their liability will be limited to refunding only 0.01 USD[DOUBLEPOST=1521795214][/DOUBLEPOST]
also in case you didn't get the 2nd order their liability will be limited to refunding only 0.01 USD

yes they do it and can be done . It would not be for one order as you would be placing a fresh order .So like ebay bid system seller sends you listing with 0.01$

Though delayed you will still get your parcel even when it shows "Shipment Cancelled".

yes they do it and can be done . It would not be for one order as you would be placing a fresh order .So like ebay bid system seller sends you listing with 0.01$

If I inferred your post correctly, seller would send me fresh listing for $0.01 and then I place order. But here he asked me to place order first which would have full amount and not complete payment for it. He would then alter order amount which is what makes me go in thinking mode.

This is something similar to what happened to one of my orders a few weeks ago. I placed the order and then due to the Chinese New Year festivities their shipping was stalled for almost 10-15 days. Post that, the shipment still remained stuck on "Waiting for Pick" stage and then it subsequently got updated with "Shipment Cancelled". I was worried so got in touch with the seller and thankfully he was helpful. He immediately responded and told me for some reason the shipment got sent back to him from the Chinese Customs department. He said he would re-ship the same product to me and after a couple of hours he gave me a new tracking number which started working. In the end I received the product, no additional charges were levied for the product or I didn't have to re-order the product as well. However, the new tracking number the seller gave me wasn't uploaded against the order on the website. That kept reading as "Shipment Cancelled". After I got the product I confirmed receiving it and the order got closed as usual.

This is a screenshot of the small conversation I had with the seller over this order:

15yi2d3.jpg

Post that, the shipment still remained stuck on "Waiting for Pick" stage and then it subsequently got updated with "Shipment Cancelled". I was worried so got in touch with the seller and thankfully he was helpful. He immediately responded and told me for some reason the shipment got sent back to him from the Chinese Customs department. He said he would re-ship the same product to me and after a couple of hours he gave me a new tracking number which started working.

This is exactly what I expected, logically. Re-ordering same item dint digest for me.

Back